Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    ...glance at it once in a while, but don't be obsessive. You should always visually inspect your machine as a force of habit -- it's amazing how many potential problems are avoided with a simple look.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 10-13-2020 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Fixed quote display

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Default 3rd Session complete

Another belt tweak session is now complete. I finally abandoned the 1/2 turn and ride approach that I thought would 'creep up' on the correct setting. The surprise in all of this (to me) was that the right adjuster moved more than 3 full turns to set the belt correctly. The belt ended up with .060" ~1.5mm clearance to the rear flange, tested off the ground and after riding. The belt was lightly against the outside of the front pulley. In a previous attempt, the belt had moved off the front flange and I don't know why that changed. I find it hard to believe that it was ever checked after assembly at the factory. There is rubber belt dust on the cases around the front pulley. I went back and forth about 500' while checking the adjustment and noted that when reversing the belt moves toward the inside flange. I wanted to be sure it wouldn't walk off the first time I backed out of a parking space.

The tension ended up at B0 or about 31Hz. and that should be about 180# (on the ground or jacked up). The Krikit measures ~195# with my bad eyes. Good enough to ride a while and see how everything feels and works.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol