Spyder Garage

Default Bajaron adjustable shock kit on 2020 RTL?

Does anyone have them on their 2020 RTL. I like them idea of them. Do you have a number of adjustments and do you just turn them and they have notch that they set into and how did it help I know they stiffen the spring and keep ride height but could you tell a differents. Thanks

Spyder Garage

I had originally put them on my 2015 RTL, and decided I needed them for my 2020 RTL. They are threaded, so are infinitely adjustable with no notches. They do stiffen the spring and raise the ride height. Not to sound pompous, but unless you've been riding long enough to know your limits, you might want to stay stock for awhile. I put over 35000 miles on my 2015 and thought my 2020 was too soft for my abilities. The shock adjusters brought back the stiffness I was used to in the twisties! They are a quality product from one of our site sponsors. Ron provides personal support and will even supply you with a special spring compressor to do the job. ($40 up front refunded when you return it). Or you can purchase the tool from him, which is what I did. FYI, I set my adjusters 2 full turns up from bottom. The adjusting tool is included with your purchase.
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

I have had a number of customers install the shock adjusters on their 2020 RT. A few have installed them on their 2021 RT. So far, all have been quite pleased. Hopefully, someone with these on their 2020 RT will respond to your question. I know this is more important to you than having the manufacturer say they work well.

These adjusters are threaded. So, they are infinitely adjustable. I provide indicators to know how many turns or partial turns you have on each side. The kit comes with a spanner wrench to turn the adjusters. It is very important to have the same amount of turns on each side, of course. Beyond this, they are a very simple tool giving you the ability to compensate for varied loads and riding style. Some prefer a more relaxed ride. Some prefer a more taught ride. You can experiment to see where your personal sweet spot is. For most, it is in the 2 turn area.

A question I get asked all the time is; 'Can I return my spring pre-load to the stock position?'. The answer is yes. At the zero setting you will have stock pre-load.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 10-12-2020 at 09:03 AM.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Front shock adjusters vs Elka L2 shocks?

I'm a newbee Can-Am RT 2020 spirited rider coming off a sport tourer and just back from a 3-day, 1000-mile trip to and around WV's excellent twisties following my 2-wheel sport touring friends. I ride solo and travel light. I have the Bajaron sway bar which was a huge improvement over OEM. I found high speed cornering still too soft to maintain a sense of control even within the limits of the plastic OEM tires. Tires are my next change to reduce sideslipping, but I need to tighten up the suspension as well. What are the pros & cons of these adjusters compared to the Elka L2 shocks? Asked another way, how do I up my game in high-speed cornering?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-17-2023 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Moved Post title into text - many only see Thread titles, and post titles mess with Searching! ;-)
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

My best friend and I have 2016 Spyder RTLs. Just finished a 4,000 mile trip to Colorado from here in Central Texas. We ride with 3 GW riders. They are not your typical Wing or Harley riders. They grew up on dirt bikes and have ridden all their lives. I can promise you these guys are extremely good aggressive riders.

As to our Spyders, I installed Bajaron’s sway and shock adjusters on both bikes. Both items made a huge difference as we had no issues riding with the Wing riders and staying with them. The only issue we had was rounding a sharp curve with an uphill climb ahead. The Wings had the torque to quickly speed up whereas we had to quickly downshift and jam on the throttle to catch up.

Our next step will be a Stage 2 ECU flash. That should take care of any throttle issues.

Others can weigh in because I chose the shock adjusters rather than the Elka shocks at twice the price. The adjusters certainly performed at the high level we needed.

The sway bar makes a huge difference. The adjusters make another huge leap. Ultimately, those items along with correct body lean makes for one helluva ride.

I know you are asking about a 2020 RTL so disregard if you feel my musings are not applicable to you

FWIW

Spyder Garage

I recently installed the BAJARON Shock Adjusters and Sway bar on my 2021 RTL. I could tell a difference just turning onto the street from my driveway. Most notable is the amazing difference in the Spyder's stability when encountering turbulence around semi trucks. Great improvement, wonderful products!

Spyder Garage

I had a 2014 RTL with the BAJARON Sway bar and BAJARON shock adjusters. I had the shock adjusters turned upward one full turn and that seemed to be enough. Before the shock adjusters when we loaded the front frunk for traveling it lowered the front end. I agree with the previous person talking about the turbulence when passing semi trucks adding the sway bar took care of that. I now have a 2021 RTL and I will be adding both sway bar and shock adjusters

Spyder Garage

Just reviving this thread to see how others feel after installing the adjusters on 2020+ RT/RTL's? Thinking of going with these when I get the Ultra sway bar. Thanks for any input.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Just reviving this thread to see how others feel after installing the adjusters on 2020+ RT/RTL's? Thinking of going with these when I get the Ultra sway bar. Thanks for any input.
    Troop, if you don't weigh 125 or less pounds and don't carry any weight in the frunk you most likely won't notice much difference. What they adjusters allow you to do is set the ride height. Contrary to what some believe they do not alter the spring stiffness or rate. The spring itself will remain the same length, if you tighten down on the collar it causes the shaft to extend more out of the shock body causing the Spyder to rise more off the ground. For many this places the suspension back in a better location in its travel point if it was already compressed because of weight. Carry it to far and raise it too much and you reduce the needed weight transfer.

I used a set before I installed a set of Elka front shocks. They work. In fact, compared with the sway bar and the shock adjusters installed, I'm pretty sure i didn't get even close to the full value out of the Elka's.
    2019 RTL Phoenix Orange
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EdMat View Post
    Troop, if you don't weigh 125 or less pounds and don't carry any weight in the frunk you most likely won't notice much difference. What they adjusters allow you to do is set the ride height. Contrary to what some believe they do not alter the spring stiffness or rate. The spring itself will remain the same length, if you tighten down on the collar it causes the shaft to extend more out of the shock body causing the Spyder to rise more off the ground. For many this places the suspension back in a better location in its travel point if it was already compressed because of weight. Carry it to far and raise it too much and you reduce the needed weight transfer.

I used a set before I installed a set of Elka front shocks. They work. In fact, compared with the sway bar and the shock adjusters installed, I'm pretty sure i didn't get even close to the full value out of the Elka's.
    Thanks .. Yup, aware of what they're for. I'm 230# and a solo rider. I will likely carry a bit more cargo in the frunk for trips, so look like a nice alternative for ride height.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I have them on my 20 RTL. Have them set at three turns to reduce the dive in corners. They do make a difference for me. I virtually always ride two up, both saddle bags packed. And more in the trunk. An inexpensive suspension upgrade compared to new shocks. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

I have Ron's shock adjusters on my RLT 2020 at 1 1/2 turns and love them. Great handling in the corners .

Spyder Garage

If I had a new bike and wanted to get a more stable ride for cheap money, I would give them a try. Cheaper than what I did with my 2012, I didn't have much of a choice back when I needed a fix.
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Ron, does the 600/900 Ryker shock adjuster fit the Ryker rally? I can't seem to find any for the rally online.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    Ron, does the 600/900 Ryker shock adjuster fit the Ryker rally? I can't seem to find any for the rally online.
    No, we do not make a front shock adjuster for the Ryker Rally because that model comes with adjusters.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    No, we do not make a front shock adjuster for the Ryker Rally because that model comes with adjusters.
    Duh. I checked when I got home and confirmed you are correct. I should have checked first. I was hoping that it didn't because I wanted to save some money with not having to buy some new Elka shocks. I guess I'll just buy them. The wife loves her Ryker so I have to make it handle as best I can. Already have your bar and links as well as a steering dampener.
    Last edited by Quickdraw; 09-29-2023 at 12:02 PM.
    2021 RT Base - Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Quickdraw View Post
    Duh. I checked when I got home and confirmed you are correct. I should have checked first. I was hoping that it didn't because I wanted to save some money with not having to buy some new Elka shocks. I guess I'll just buy them. The wife loves her Ryker so I have to make it handle as best I can. Already have your bar and links as well as a steering dampener.
    You might want to try adjusting the KYB's before dropping cash on aftermarket shocks.

No matter what you do, you're never going to get rid of the articulation of the front suspension altogether. You want to control it, not eliminate it.