Spyder Garage

Default Trying Rustoleum Peel Color Shift Paint

I put the Rustoleum Peel Paint on a few parts of my F3T to try to give it a little "flair". I chose the Color Shift top coat effects paint which looks either pinkish purple, greenish blue, or silver depending on how the light hits it. The camera did a bad job of capturing all the colors inside the shop. It's pretty awesome in the sunlight.

I covered the BRP emblems on the trunk and the cowl as well as the Spyder emblems on the saddlebags. I used it on the glove box lid, oil/air filter panel covers and the panel at the top of the trunk.

I hope it holds up well to the elements.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by waywardtrails View Post
    I put the Rustoleum Peel Paint on a few parts of my F3T to try to give it a little "flair". I chose the Color Shift top coat affects paint which looks either pinkish purple, greenish blue, or silver depending on how the light hits it. The camera did a bad job of capturing all the colors inside the shop. It's pretty awesome in the sunlight.

I covered the BRP emblems on the trunk and the cowl as well as the Spyder emblems on the saddlebags. I used it on the glove box lid, oil/air filter panel covers and the panel at the top of the trunk.

I hope it holds up well to the elements.
    Looks nice ...... I haven't heard of this paint name from Rustoleum ??? .... is this the name on the can ??? ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

I take it that Rustoleum Pell is their version of Plasti Dip.

I was just considering covering the BRP emblems myself.
    F3S
    Black, with black stuff on it.

Spyder Garage

There are different company's out there that make this paint that you can spray on, and if and when you want to change it up a little you can just peel it off and start over!! It's kind of neat, I have some friends that have used it on there cars, came out well looked good!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I purchased a can of Pasti Dip Clear to spray areas I wanted paint protection. But, I haven't had the guts to give it a try yet. Anyone else used Clear Pasti Dip as an alternative to clear vinyl protection?

Rob
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Looks nice ...... I haven't heard of this paint name from Rustoleum ??? .... is this the name on the can ??? ..... Mike

Yes, that's the exact name. Here it is on their website. I got a can from Autozone for $14

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-ca...ts-color-shift

Spyder Garage

Here's a few pics outside in the light that captures the blueish/green part. It's really neat how it changes colors. As a lady ryder, I wanted something that gave the all black F3 a "girly" side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by robhowen View Post
    I purchased a can of Pasti Dip Clear to spray areas I wanted paint protection. But, I haven't had the guts to give it a try yet. Anyone else used Clear Pasti Dip as an alternative to clear vinyl protection?

Rob
    I don't know how Plastidip works, but the "top coat effects" peel paint from Rustoleum (including the clear one) require that it be put on another peel paint first. So, you wouldn't be able to cover up something directly with the clear coat, you'd have to put another color peel paint first.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by waywardtrails View Post
    Yes, that's the exact name. Here it is on their website. I got a can from Autozone for $14

https://www.rustoleum.com/product-ca...ts-color-shift
    May I ask you what is the prep that you had to do before applying this to your panels or items you painted?

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    May I ask you what is the prep that you had to do before applying this to your panels or items you painted?
    I washed the panels with soap and water first. I then wiped them down with rubbing alcohol. I sprayed the matte black peel paint first and the used the color shift top coat afterwards. I originally painted my entire cowl, but decided that it would get too much abuse from luggage/bags, etc. So, the next day I peeled off the entire paint except the part on the BRP emblem. It peeled off very easily and did not do any damage to the cowl at all. It's a great way to add some color without committing to something.