Spyder Garage

Default Mirror shake on 2020 RT & Squared Away

Here’s a shout out of thanks to Squared Away for their mirror wedgies for the 2020 RT. While at the Red Rock Rally in Utah and getting my 2020 RT aligned, I was asked about mirror shake. I didn’t think I had it too bad but opted to get the wedgie kit anyway. WOW, what a difference! No more shake or vibrations! Thanks Ann and Joe for a great fix.
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Glad you like it. So nice to see you guys! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

It's a super easy install with great results.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I thought about wedgies but decided to go with a set of Lamonsters new bolt on units. They're current on b/o but I'm hoping to get them in the next couple of weeks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I thought about wedgies but decided to go with a set of Lamonsters new bolt on units. They're current on b/o but I'm hoping to get them in the next couple of weeks.
    I must have got lucky I got my kit from Lamonster Wed, installed them that day and this weekend rode 750 mi and everything is perfect. Also got an idler pulley kit yet to install but was getting some vibration on the interstate 72-78. Need to get to my dealer I am a little late on my 3000 mi service.
    Doug 2020 RTL F3 Short reach bars -factory backrest
    K9CRT Ham Radio
    Sold 5/27/2021 Spyder just wasn’t for me. Went back to Goldwing

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm having the same vibration just like I did on my '18. I added one of Lamonsters tensioners on the '18 which took care of the problem. I have an appt w/the dealer in a couple of weeks for unrelated work. I'll ask them to loosen the drive belt. If they refuse (or if that doesn't clear things up), I'll order another tensioner from Lamont.

Anyway, when I called Lamonster last week, they said the next batch of mirror kits was supposed to be in next week and they'd put me on a waiting list.

Spyder Garage

Squared Away has SAMS kits in stock. Fix you right up! The Wedgie is a F3 T/LTD fix. The SAMS is for the 2020/2021 RT/LTD. This thread is about a RT fix from Squared Away. Thanks!
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Installed the new Lamonster mirror kit last week along with the battery post risers. The mirror kit is a great and easy install. Before the kit, I had some homemade shims. The mirror vibration was extremely irritating and this solved it, but the shims were noticeable. You don't even know the Lamonster fix is there and the vibration is gone.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    Squared Away has SAMS kits in stock. Fix you right up! The Wedgie is a F3 T/LTD fix. The SAMS is for the 2020/2021 RT/LTD. This thread is about a RT fix from Squared Away. Thanks!
    You're correct and I apologize. What is SAMS? Never heard of it.

Spyder Garage

SAMS - Squared Away Mirror Stabilizer. We launched them in May. Had prototypes in April, made some refinements, sent out beta tests in May. Confirmed them and had units on customer bikes ASAP. See the thread on it. The delay was getting hardware that matches the tools in the bike. Many Spyder folks are limited on what tools they own. My version in March used tools that many don’t have. So, we addressed that, ordered hardware to match the tools, and it all came together. We have dozens of sets out now, and Hundreds of sets of Wedgies. If your mirrors shake, drop us a PM. We can get you Squared Away!!
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

SAMS - Squared Away Mirror Stabilizer. We launched them in May. Had prototypes in April, made some refinements, sent out beta tests in May. Confirmed them and had units on customer bikes ASAP. See the thread on it. The delay was getting hardware that matches the tools in the bike. Many Spyder folks are limited on what tools they own. My version in March used tools that many don’t have. So, we addressed that, ordered hardware to match the tools, and it all came together. We have dozens of sets out now, and Hundreds of sets of Wedgies. If your mirrors shake, drop us a PM. We can get you Squared Away!!
    I have them and they work great! Easy to install.
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    Here’s a shout out of thanks to Squared Away for their mirror wedgies for the 2020 RT. While at the Red Rock Rally in Utah and getting my 2020 RT aligned, I was asked about mirror shake. I didn’t think I had it too bad but opted to get the wedgie kit anyway. WOW, what a difference! No more shake or vibrations! Thanks Ann and Joe for a great fix.
    Its amazing how big a difference they make to the mirrors - too complex for BRP to do the same I guess, or they dont want to offend the engineer that designed the OEM mounts
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Joe, on the F3T, do you have to remove the mirror to install the Wedgie, or is it just the removal of the cover?
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)

Spyder Garage

Remove the cover. Remove the mirror (1screw). Install Wedgie. Replace mirror, replace cover. Super easy. Lifetime guarantee! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Spyder Garage

Remove the cover. Remove the mirror (1screw). Install Wedgie. Replace mirror, replace cover. Super easy. Lifetime guarantee! Joe
    Thanks Joe for the feedback.
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)