Spyder Garage

Default 2010 SE5 sometimes won't select a gear??

Maybe you guys can help me. I have never posted on a forum but I can’t seem to figure out what is going on with my 2010 spyder SE5 semi automatic.

Sometimes I will take a short ride and park. When I crank back up to go the bike won’t go into gear. Won’t go into first or reverse. I will cut it off let it sit a few times and eventually it will shift into gear and I can go.

It works fine while I am driving. It only happens every now and then when I start up and try to go. Usually when girls are around....... ��

Please help!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Maybe you guys can help me. I have never posted on a forum but I can’t seem to figure out what is going on with my 2010 spyder SE5 semi automatic.

Sometimes I will take a short ride and park. When I crank back up to go the bike won’t go into gear. Won’t go into first or reverse. I will cut it off let it sit a few times and eventually it will shift into gear and I can go.

It works fine while I am driving. It only happens every now and then when I start up and try to go. Usually when girls are around....... ��

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Are you leaving your Spyder in Neutral when you stop?? Sure, the trans computer will automatically select Neutral once you start the engine, but it's one less thing to go wrong/create issues, so it's a good idea to make sure you always select Neutral & the Park Brake before you shut the engine down.

That way, once you start up again, the trans computer selects Neutral and then once the engine is running correctly, you should just give the +/- selector a quick-ish flick to select first or Reverse (after tapping the Reverse button, anyway! ) You're not holding that +/- selector until a gear selects are you?? Or holding the Reverse button down for a second or more before flicking the selector??

All that said, there have been a gradually increasing number of these selectors acting up - probably because they are getting dirty &/or wearing out thru use.... so maybe giving the internals of that LH Control Module a bit of a squirt/clean out with Contact Cleaner might be a good start??

Over to you...
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post

All that said, there have been a gradually increasing number of these selectors acting up - probably because they are getting dirty &/or wearing out thru use.... so maybe giving the internals of that LH Control Module a bit of a squirt/clean out with Contact Cleaner might be a good start??

Good advice. Mine went and it was a '16.

Very Active Member ottawa-rider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Remember, when shifting from neutral to first or reverse, you must keep your feet on the brake pedal. Are you doing that?
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Spyder Garage

Splines on gear arm crap out too9D8FEB1A-79BE-454E-B983-1689DBBD3C69.jpegoddly at that *note 1/2 is gone only on one side

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Step one. Check your oil level. Low oil level will cause random shift issues. Also the oil level must be checked when hot. If not you may over fill it. Follow the procedure in your owners manual.

2018 F3 LIMITED