Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pedal Commander

Spyder Garage

Default Pedal Commander

Anybody else appreciates the Pedal Commander as much as I do? Seems to really awaken the 1330. Installed on a 2016 RTL. Sure don't want to tweak the throttle at a stop light. Don't ask how I know. LOL

Spyder Garage

With the pedal cruiser installed what did you notice the most after riding
    for a while. What were all the benefits as compared to doing a stage 1 or 2
    upgrade from wick-it.

Dray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    With the pedal cruiser installed what did you notice the most after riding
    for a while. What were all the benefits as compared to doing a stage 1 or 2
    upgrade from wick-it.

Dray
    IMHO, compared to Wick-it ( or monster fuel ), the PC doesn't do anything significant. It doesn't add ANY power to the system, it only speeds up the sytem's Response, and from what has been said about that, I don't see an advantage to having a Hair trigger throttle ( except for Drag racing ). From a cost for value standpoint, it's a waste of money. .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Stage 1

I have the Stage one up grade. Its seamless and 15-20 horsepower has just a bit of an advantage over a fast opening throttle plate. I can twist my wrist plenty quick IF I want to. I thought I read here that the original ECU programming didn't allow for full throttle plate opening-- thus the horsepower gain with the Stage 1. Last Sunday my friend with his V-Max road along with us and his quote was--" That thing is pretty quick" Well I have a Max also and my won't accelerate like that but sure can make an RT a lot of fun.
    Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

I have the Pedal Commander installed, along with a Custom map from a PV3. Set on city mode, the PC wakes up the Spyder much more with the quicker throttle response. Hey Mike, just gotta ask, what is your experience riding the Spyder with a PC installed. Kinda like heresy on your part, isn't it? Kinda like a non Vredestein owner saying that the tires don't make much of a difference

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Troop, that’s exactly what I was thinking and I’m sure most reading this. Ive yet to see anyone who’s actually purchased a PC not rave about it. Yes it seems like it wouldn’t be to big a deal or game changer but to those who have purchased I don’t see any buyers remorse. That’s impressive and 100% I’m buying one. Just purchased a new 2020 RTL and wanna wait for the first service because unlike most on this site I can’t change a light bulb so I need help. Anyways thanks for the input.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I have the Pedal Commander installed, along with a Custom map from a PV3. Set on city mode, the PC wakes up the Spyder much more with the quicker throttle response. Hey Mike, just gotta ask, what is your experience riding the Spyder with a PC installed. Kinda like heresy on your part, isn't it? Kinda like a non Vredestein owner saying that the tires don't make much of a difference
    Hey - ????? ... I do have the Vredestein Q-5's ...... I don't have any experience riding a Spyder with a PC installed. .... I get the impression that I have somehow Upset you ????? ................Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Hey - ????? ... I do have the Vredestein Q-5's ...... I don't have any experience riding a Spyder with a PC installed. .... I get the impression that I have somehow Upset you ????? ................Mike
    Ha .. No I'm good. My point was/is:
    A.)
    Your statement: "From a cost for value standpoint, it's a waste of money. .... good luck .... Mike"
    My point: I have one, along with a custom mapped PV3 tune. I see and FEEL a dramatic increase in the performance/smile factor. Well worth it to me.
    B.)
    Again, your statement: "From a cost for value standpoint, it's a waste of money. .... good luck .... Mike"
    My point: You don't have experience with the above items, so you can't really have an idea of the value/enjoyment standpoint. Kind of like Joe Blow Spyder owner who hasn't used Vredestein tires saying " Wouldn't buy them. They're not that good" .

By the way, I love my Vredestein tires

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
    Troop, that’s exactly what I was thinking and I’m sure most reading this. Ive yet to see anyone who’s actually purchased a PC not rave about it. Yes it seems like it wouldn’t be to big a deal or game changer but to those who have purchased I don’t see any buyers remorse. That’s impressive and 100% I’m buying one. Just purchased a new 2020 RTL and wanna wait for the first service because unlike most on this site I can’t change a light bulb so I need help. Anyways thanks for the input.
    Go for it. Heck, they have a 30 day money back guarantee. Only out return shipping if you're not happy

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

First thing you notice is how twitchy the throttle is, and that is dependent on what setting your on is. Doesn't feel like more more power but you get more power now. More power as in quicker. She will certainly jump quicker. I ride in mode Sport +2, which is just over half way setting.. used city mode for rain and a trailer. App works perfect.

Spyder Garage

You can put it on yourself in about 15 minutes,,just pull one panel and one speaker cover. it's plug and play. Does take the Nanny a few miles to fine tune but she doesn't complain from the start.

Spyder Garage

Ha .. No I'm good. My point was/is:
    A.)
    Your statement: "From a cost for value standpoint, it's a waste of money. .... good luck .... Mike"
    My point: I have one, along with a custom mapped PV3 tune. I see and FEEL a dramatic increase in the performance/smile factor. Well worth it to me.
    B.)
    Again, your statement: "From a cost for value standpoint, it's a waste of money. .... good luck .... Mike"
    My point: You don't have experience with the above items, so you can't really have an idea of the value/enjoyment standpoint. Kind of like Joe Blow Spyder owner who hasn't used Vredestein tires saying " Wouldn't buy them. They're not that good" .

By the way, I love my Vredestein tires
    I'm Glad your Happy ............ But it distresses me that you feel I'm not entitled to an opinion.... and my comments on this were in response to " Dray's " post, so why you felt the need to involve me I just don't get ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

Hi all you spyder owners, I have the peddle commander installed for 6 weeks now, It make the spyder feel so much faster, It take off faster from a light and come out of the corners faster, don't have to ring it out to get the power, when I shut it off it is a different motor spyder, You have to have one installed to feel the different I will keep it forever It is worth every Pennie
    richie spyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

you can get that same feeling with a stage one or two with the extra ponies

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    you can get that same feeling with a stage one or two with the extra ponies
    Yes .. And you can liven up the fun factor of that stage 1, stage 2 or PV3 mapping with the Pedal Commander.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I'm Glad your Happy ............ But it distresses me that you feel I'm not entitled to an opinion.... and my comments on this were in response to " Dray's " post, so why you felt the need to involve me I just don't get ..... Mike
    I guess I felt I could interject as I have both an upgraded ECU tune AND the Pedal Commander. I can give an "experienced" opinion as I have experience with both. My ECU tune made a nice performance difference. Adding the PC to the ECU increased the fun factor even more so. One opinion is based on conjecture, that being no actual experience. And, one opinion being based upon actual facts.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

its called throttle sensitivity had mine increased with flash you could have too also should have been able to do on pc

Spyder Garage

I guess I felt I could interject as I have both an upgraded ECU tune AND the Pedal Commander. I can give an "experienced" opinion as I have experience with both. My ECU tune made a nice performance difference. Adding the PC to the ECU increased the fun factor even more so. One opinion is based on conjecture, that being no actual experience. And, one opinion being based upon actual facts.
    My " CONJECTURE " is based on what the folks at " Power Commander " claim their device will accomplish. No one has to buy a device to learn what it does ..... ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

My " CONJECTURE " is based on what the folks at " Power Commander " claim their device will accomplish. No one has to buy a device to learn what it does ..... ..... Mike
    But, one has to actually use one to know how it really feels and works

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I have 6 different tunes with 2 different company's and also have the pedal commander. It make the throttle response way faster. Yes I could have done this with the tunes, but then it would be like that even when I don't want it that sensitive, like in city driving. I really like it when I am out on the highway or rule roads and need to pass some one safely. I have never read or heard any one say it gives you more HP or torq. Like I stated on another post if you have never tried it , then you really cant say anything about it, because you do not know

Spyder Garage

To the detriment of the opinion that you cannot give your opinion without trying, I would say that the experience of others tells us that we should not try skydiving without a parachute, i.e. So we can say that the idea does not seem very good even if we have not tried it. Just as the experience of others can explain to us that roasted ribs are delicious, so our opinion may be favorable even without having tested them.
    All this without the intention of creating controversy if not the opposite. Of course.
    I think the initial question is already answered. You will achieve a faster delivery of benefits regardless of the map you have configured.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

But, one has to actually use one to know how it really is and works
    : ..................Mike

Spyder Garage

My point is if I said your ribs suck you next satement would probly be how do you know you never had them

Spyder Garage

It's probably my little control over your language but all I can say is "I don't understand the question". I am sorry because it promised to be interesting.
    2018 F3 Ltd. , Black/Dark

Spyder Garage

Sorry was on my phone when I did it. I does sound bad.