Spyder Garage

Default Big Thanks to Lamont

been doing a lot of the spyder work on my own,usally always do my own work.But this spyder is a whole diff creature.After calling friends,dealer shops,once again Lamont comes thru with the answers I needed.It really is awesome having someone to talk to that really does know about working on these bikes

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3ntune View Post
    been doing a lot of the spyder work on my own,usally always do my own work.But this spyder is a whole diff creature.After calling friends,dealer shops,once again Lamont comes thru with the answers I needed.It really is awesome having someone to talk to that really does know about working on these bikes
    He is the best of the best - and always gets my business
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

The mirror fix kit for the 2020 RT that Lamont came up with is awesome. In his video he keeps saying it is something that anyone can do. Since he came up with the idea, I think people need to buy it from Lamonster. Give credit where credit is due.
    2018 Spyder ST Limited , Asphalt Gray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lstayner View Post
    The mirror fix kit for the 2020 RT that Lamont came up with is awesome. In his video he keeps saying it is something that anyone can do. Since he came up with the idea, I think people need to buy it from Lamonster. Give credit where credit is due.
    Dealers are fixing this issue for free as mentioned in other threads.

Spyder Garage

I made 2 seperate phone call on two consecutive days to Lamont and left messages with no callback. Ended up at Spyderpops for my full cover. Great service and good price.
    2020 RTL Chrome Marsala Red

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I purchased the “Magic Mirrors” for my ‘14 RTS from Lamont a week ago, through the ordering on his website. It took 4 days to get here (across country and over the international border) and I received the package yesterday. I see that as being “damn good service”. I cannot say enough good things about Lamont and his customer service.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble_B View Post
    I made 2 seperate phone call on two consecutive days to Lamont and left messages with no callback. Ended up at Spyderpops for my full cover. Great service and good price.
    There are only 2 (3 if you count Joan) in the shop. Lamont is the owner, mechanic, tinkerer, builder, inventor, etc and Jacob is the shop manager and assistant (and usually the one behind the camera on all the awesome how-to videos...except the mirror fix one was Joan, I think). Sometimes, I call for a couple of days before I get an answer. I don't mind cuz I know that means either 1) they're on the phone helping another clueless customer like me or 2) they're in the shop either working on someones bike or inventing a new product. If you're not in a hurry, send them an email. If it's urgent, keep calling. You'll reach them eventually.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mlazicki View Post
    Dealers are fixing this issue for free as mentioned in other threads.
    For me $23 delivered + 15 minute install - better deal than making appointment with dealer - riding 2+ hours round trip (Ok - riding part doesn't count - always fun) and waiting to have it done or worse yet sometimes they say U have to leave it.

No offense to dealer techs but I prefer to do my own motorcycle work when practical.
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    There are only 2 (3 if you count Joan) in the shop. Lamont is the owner, mechanic, tinkerer, builder, inventor, etc and Jacob is the shop manager and assistant (and usually the one behind the camera on all the awesome how-to videos...except the mirror fix one was Joan, I think). Sometimes, I call for a couple of days before I get an answer. I don't mind cuz I know that means either 1) they're on the phone helping another clueless customer like me or 2) they're in the shop either working on someones bike or inventing a new product. If you're not in a hurry, send them an email. If it's urgent, keep calling. You'll reach them eventually.
    I agree - I use email - usual response is next day - many times same day. When I order online - shipping is fast. More importantly their products work as advertised, and Lamont has helped many Spyder owner's solve bike problems that didn't involve his products.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

I kinda rotate between Lamonster and Spyderpops. I only do oil changes with Lamonster, but try to support.both. I've kinda given up on dealers so these guys are my lifeline to keeping my spyder on the road. Just got my Bajaron swabar from spyderpops, so now back to Lamonster for those sweet new foglights! Given the nature of the spyder community im sure their phone rings.off the hook..