Spyder Garage

Default Has anyone with a 2019 F3 tried the new mirror cover clips from lamonstergarage

Wondering if anyone has tried the new clips for the mirror covers on 2019 F3. I'm trying to figure out if I'm that messed up that I can't put on clips correct or the clips will not fit on a 2019 F3?

I purchased the clips because of all the talk of mirror covers coming off and being I'm fixing to go on 2 weeks spyder journey I got them. For the life of me these clips will not on a 2019 F3 limited housing. First the clip perch is not deep enough for the new clips to get a bite of the housing tab. So me being me I decided to try some modification and cut off the clip perch so the new clips would sit a little lower on the housing tab but it still did not allow the clips to be pushed on far enough to bite the tab.
    So since my plan of attack didn't work I had to bring out the epoxy and create the clip perchs that I cut off and use the original clips. For price of mind I did add two sided tape on housing until someone can tell me how dumb I was and how easy the new clips are. I still think there is a difference between the mirror housing on a 2019 F3 vs 2020 F3. The difference from looking at the clips is the design in the mirror housing for the clip perches.

Please help show me my ignorance.... I have about 6.00 - 8.00 clips I can't use.

Spyder Garage

I also ordered the clips from Lamont - tried em and stayed with the originals. You are completely correct in your analysis of the clips - didn't fit right on my 2019 F3 Ltd - and that's an understatement.

And while we're on the subject; I also installed his new mirror locks. Probably the most stable fix yet for the shaky mirrors on the F3's. I've tried the Wedgie's, the tensioning bolt (Lamont's suggestion) and now the mirror locks. I've come to the conclusion that nothing short of a complete BRP mirror mount re-design is going to fix this issue. I've had very few gripes about my 2019 F3 Ltd but this shaky mirror mount issue takes the cake. Are you listening BRP?
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the Wedgie's on my 2019 and have had the bike up to 90+ mph on the Baltimore Beltway and US95 in wind and no wind and the mirrors are as steady as if I was only going 10mph
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents

Spyder Garage

Glad to see I'm not as ignorant as those clips made me feel. I too got the mirror locks, probably really didn't need them since I can barely see out them anyhow without changing my riding position but figured they wouldn't hurt to have them.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LifeLongRider View Post
    I also ordered the clips from Lamont - tried em and stayed with the originals. You are completely correct in your analysis of the clips - didn't fit right on my 2019 F3 Ltd - and that's an understatement.

And while we're on the subject; I also installed his new mirror locks. Probably the most stable fix yet for the shaky mirrors on the F3's. I've tried the Wedgie's, the tensioning bolt (Lamont's suggestion) and now the mirror locks. I've come to the conclusion that nothing short of a complete BRP mirror mount re-design is going to fix this issue. I've had very few gripes about my 2019 F3 Ltd but this shaky mirror mount issue takes the cake. Are you listening BRP?
    The new clips seem to work ok (a lot better than the old ones!) I still put a piece of Gorilla Tape along the bottom of the mirrors just to be safe.
    Bill W

2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 40Xshooter View Post
    The new clips seem to work ok (a lot better than the old ones!) I still put a piece of Gorilla Tape along the bottom of the mirrors just to be safe.
    Hello Bill, you wouldn't have happened to take any pictures while they were off would you have? If they fit yours like they are supposed to then I would like to see the difference in your 2019 mirror housing and my 2019 limited housing. Below is how the clips fit mine PXL_20201005_225703381.jpg. You will notice the clips do not lock onto the clip tab.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sammie View Post
    Hello Bill, you wouldn't have happened to take any pictures while they were off would you have? If they fit yours like they are supposed to then I would like to see the difference in your 2019 mirror housing and my 2019 limited housing. Below is how the clips fit mine PXL_20201005_225703381.jpg. You will notice the clips do not lock onto the clip tab.
    Tell you what Sammie, I'll pull one of my covers off and take a pic of how my clips fit and try to post it if that helps...
    Bill W

2019 F3 LTD

Spyder Garage

Sammie . . .
    Exactly what I ran into on my 2019 so I just reinstalled the originals which seem to work fine. The mirror housings are securely fastened and I really have to give them a yank to remove them.
    Bottom line, the new clips didn't even come close to fitting correctly.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I've seen several threads about clips, etc, for the F3 mirrors covers to keep them form coming off, but i've not seen much of anything about the covers actually coming off. Am I missing something here? Or this this a fix for a relatively minor problem?
    Two Wheelers from 1963-2011

Three Wheelers:
    2011 RT(Red)
    2014 RT(white)
    2016 F3T(red)
    2022 RT current ride(silver)