Spyder Garage

Spyder 2010 RT SE5 Techno Oil and filters changed

Hi all", I just did my oil and fiter change on the Spyder RT and went for a good ride. I like doing the services myself and save a lot of money doing them myself too. Thanks to all the posts on this website, it is easy to find how we do things then on you tube. Next oil change at 7500 km intervals

Regards Peter

Spyder Garage

Congratulations on doing your own work. There are many benefits beyond just saving money. Though that one alone is probably incentive enough considering today's labor rate. Would you turn down a job for $80.00 or $100.00 an hour? In many cases, that's what you're 'getting paid' when you do your own service.

But here are some additional benefits.

You get to know your ride better. The more you understand about how your machine works. The better you will be at caring for it. Many times, you will do a better job than the 'Tech's' at the dealership. You'll probably get your Spyder 'back' sooner. You don't have to take it in, drop it off, or pick it up again. You can do the work on your schedule instead on the dealerships schedule (you just make an appointment with yourself). You can use the products of your choice instead of whatever the dealership offers. You will learn something. And, you have the great feeling of satisfaction when you are done.

Knowledge is power...
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Baja Ron, speaking of knowledge, how hard is it to change to your sway bar on a 2020 RT Ltd.? Are the handling benefits worth the effort? I have very few tools, but now that I'm retired I'd like to tackle some of these projects myself. What specialty tools are needed? Thanks from a never done mechanic work old guy.

Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bluesjammer View Post
    Baja Ron, speaking of knowledge, how hard is it to change to your sway bar on a 2020 RT Ltd.? Are the handling benefits worth the effort? I have very few tools, but now that I'm retired I'd like to tackle some of these projects myself. What specialty tools are needed? Thanks from a never done mechanic work old guy.

Steve
    The 2020 & 2021 RT's are among the easiest of all to do a sway bar swap on. The most difficult part is getting the front of the Spyder up the required 18-22 inches. There are several ways to accomplish this, depending on what options you have available to you. And it only needs to be up this high for a very short time where you remove and replace the actual bar itself. The rest of the job (before and after this step) can be completed at a much more manageable height.

The bar does make a significant difference.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Thanks BajaRon, any special tools I need to do the job.

Steve