Spyder Garage

Default What to do when all parts don't come with order

Well, what do you do when you order something and the supplier forgets to send the required bolts? You send them an email and they say they will send you the correct required bolts except a week later still no bolts. Multiple emails sent after the first email and they go unanswered.
    I guess you go to local brick and mortar and modify a bolt to work until you can find the correct bolts and spend more money for stainless allen head bolts that you had already paid for but the supplier didn't include and fibbed about sending them out to you. It's not pretty but it sucks buying a part and can't install it and the supplier ignores you.
    You live and learn I guess.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If you paid online with a credit card, call your card company and stop payment and start a dispute. I've had to do it more than once and it works.

Spyder Garage

You need to publicly call out on the dealer for poor service. On there Facebook page is the best if they have one. That is the only way to get them to change things for the better.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    If you paid online with a credit card, call your card company and stop payment and start a dispute. I've had to do it more than once and it works.
    I 2nd this suggestion. Have used this myself and the CC company on both occasions were brilliant.

Who was the supplier? It will help us to not get stung by the same ppl
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been told and I've never done this myself, but if a number of customers get on social media and detail bad experienced with a particular company, it grabs their attention quickly. It's very hard for a company to recover from bad reviews on Facebook.

Spyder Garage

We need to know the supplier! Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

If it was just some bolts missing, I would go to the hardware store and buy some. If the bolts that do come with parts are not good quality, and often they are not, I throw them in a spare bolts bucket and go buy good quality bolts anyway. I might use some of the Cheap Charley bolts on the tractor or a farm trailer, but not on a motorcycle. Not usually worth shipping charges to return something because it is missing $10 worth of bolts. Some of the parts you order are intended to reuse the old bolts.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Just be aware everyone, more and more people are discovering to their great cost that bad-mouthing a supplier/service provider on-line can be a very expensive mistake!! The supposed 'anonimity' of social media is largely a myth, which means that feeling brave because you're hiding behind a keyboard and so going to town on some supplier might not be such a smart idea!! Reasoned, factual posts about a shortfall in a delivery shouldn't be an issue, but even facebook & google have found that they aren't beyond the rule of law and not only they, but also their posters can be called to account - so please, don't fall into the trap of getting carried away & naming & shaming supliers on-line just cos you can - and especially don't go making any unsubstantiated, reputation/business damaging, &/or personal claims about suppliers/service providers on-line thinking they won't react badly!!

There have been an increasing number of these 'bad review' cases ending up in the courts, and many of them are being found in favour of the supplier/provider, often because altho the person who posted the 'bad review' did tell the 'truth' about their experience, they simply didn't give the supplier/provider the time or opportunity to remedy the situation before said bad-mouthing commenced!! And once those 'claims' or comments mentioned above start, things can become very real very quickly!!

And it gets worse - at least here in Australia, and I suspect in some other (applicable to this discussion) countries too, under some circumstances any 'social media site' that allows that sort of bad-mouthing post to remain live can also be held liable for any resulting damages, and there are even sites that have been forced into closure due to posters saying things that ended up in court!

So maybe it'd be best to try and work with the supplier first, and if necessary, fully explore any/all other options for redress before going to town with the naming and shaming here &/or elsewhere?! Just sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

"Well, what do you do when you order something and the supplier forgets to send the required bolts? You send them an email and they say they will send you the correct required bolts except a week later still no bolts. Multiple emails sent after the first email and they go unanswered."

If one were to post truthful detailed experiences they should be free of liable. Yes, the net is full of liers who embellish and even make up lies under different names. Even worse yet are producers who create their own product reviews to promote sales.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Just be aware everyone, more and more people are discovering to their great cost that bad-mouthing a supplier/service provider on-line can be a very expensive mistake!!.............................Fully explore any/all other options for redress before going to town with the naming and shaming here &/or elsewhere?! Just sayin'
    Not if you keep to the facts!!!
    2017 RTL
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by askitee View Post
    Not if you keep to the facts!!!
    I can only agree that's generally true - as I said earlier 'Reasoned, factual posts about a shortfall in a delivery shouldn't be an issue'

But then there's always the argument of 'the Three Truths' - only in this buyer/seller scenario, those Personal, Political, and Objective Truth's might be better represented &/or paraphrased as being the Buyer's Truth, the Seller's Truth, and the Court's Truth; and that last one may or may not be somewhere in-between the other two.....

And sometimes, if not actually most often... arriving at that particular Truth can be a very expensive & possibly even painful process, even if it IS eventually found in your favour!! The overall cost, & not necessarily just the $$ outlay, frequently far outweighs any gains that you might realise!

Just sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

All above have failed to mention the COVID impact & fires that have any & all delivery service bum jacked even if suppliers get it right.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Both Peter and Bfromla have excellent points. Quite often negative reviews from varying sources will show consistency thereby discouraging litigation. Personally, I will forgo a profit to avoid having a dissatisfied customer. It is much cheaper in the long run.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bfromla View Post
    All above have failed to mention the COVID impact & fires that have any & all delivery service bum jacked even if suppliers get it right.
    I forgot about the COVID factor. I just purchased a small camp trailer and began ordering items for it. I went through and Amazon and because of COVID Amazon Prime went into the toilet. For the time being, don't expect 2-day shipping. Of all the items I ordered only one made it in 2-days. All the others are one or two weeks out.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Just be aware everyone, more and more people are discovering to their great cost that bad-mouthing a supplier/service provider on-line can be a very expensive mistake!!
    I have to agree with Peter. I've read a number of stories of people who have posted bad reviews on line and have lived to regret it. Especially when it's over something pretty mundane. You'll realize pretty quickly that maybe you should have just moved on when that process server or local law enforcement shows up at your front door with a subpoena bearing your name.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

So after all the posts and 4 days, what did you do?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus1300 View Post
    So after all the posts and 4 days, what did you do?
    Ain't changed my mind........... I would go to the hardware store.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Well, I was lucky enough to find the socket head bolt at tractor supply, lowes, home depot and no other brick and mortar around me seemed to carry that socket head bolt in the needed size. It's not stainless like what would have come with the part but it looks better than the engineering I had in there. For those that ask for suppliers name that I think I will not name drop because I still think they are good people but I just think they maybe relying to much on their employees. Missing part is one thing, lying to your customer and then ignoring them afterwards is not good customer service. If you say you going to do something (in writing non the less), Do It.