Thread: Like a Cruiser

Spyder Garage

Default Like a Cruiser

My wife has asked: "Are any other Spyder models as "cruiser-ish" in feel/ergonomics as the F3?"

I sure don't know the answer. Can anyone help out here?

Spyder Garage

Well, it depends on your definition of "Cruiser". Me personally would not be able to ride an F3 because of the sitting position, therefore I ride an RT. If "Cruising" means relaxing on a nice day long trip, then the RT is perfect for me. I can set the "cruise" and go. I'm sure the same can be said about the sitting position of the RT for some as well. It really depends on how you like to be seated in the seat. Do you want your feet out in front of you with more body weight on your tailbone, OR, do you want to be more upright on the seat with your feet under you with your body weight a little more upright and centered. We all have our preferences, and different definition of "Cruiser". Both bikes will make a great cruiser, it just depends on your riding style and position of comfort.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

As stated above, it depends on what you consider a cruiser. For me, yes, feet forward (like on my M109) is cruising position, and that is only found in the F3 series or Ryker. But some would consider a Harley Ultra Classic a cruiser (I consider it a tourer). In that case, the feet are more under you in a seated, but relaxed position. That is more like the RT. The new RT (2020 and above) definitely gives you more movement forward of the feet, without having to add highway bars or something. Only way to tell, is to sit on or ride one.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Having owned a few "cruiser" type motorcycles, I tend to go with that definition.

Thinking "cruiser" vs. "tourer," as in HD vs. Goldwing, you tend to sit "in" a cruiser bike, and "on" a touring bike. The cruiser fits a bit more "part of the bike." The tourer makes you feel like you are on a comfortable couch.

F3 configurations are all cruiser and RT's give you that GW feel.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The 2020 RT has a feet forward position.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome