Default More from BRP

Another video from BRP

https://youtu.be/HkSG5_c_Y-E
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The BIG question: Is the Sea & Sky additional standard equipment worth an extra $2500.00?????? For that MSRP, I'm surprised that they didn't include the auxiliary front light as part of the S&S package, and not make you buy it for $265.00. I'm disappointed that they didn't choose to showcase a smart keyfob with automatic start and and auto-locking/security features with the S&S model.
    The next question: Has BRP solved
    A. The tarnishing 4 handle bar support bolts , and
    B. The deteriorating 4 passenger grab handle rubber covers where the enter the bodywork?????
    Mike
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mike, doubtful. Seems they have not solved the rear panel problem with arm rest install. I'm beginning to wonder if they will. Ugggg, ZIP ties from the factory, now what engineer thought of that? Before anyone asks, yep, I pester my dealer, I even have questioned another dealer Spyder doing some investigation. Could be my only choice will be, remove the arm rests and get the recall done, wife won't like that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Regarding the zip ties, that one's actually easy to "solve". Since you should ALWAYS do your own detailed inspection prior to taking delivery (or signing paperwork), check to see if the RT you're about to buy has the zip ties. If they do, refuse the bike. At some point, especially with dealers who don't have a ton of RTs to sell, they'll complain to BuRP and they'll ensure they're fixed. The RT I'm looking at will get that detailed inspection. If there are zip ties, I won't buy it. If there are bolts that cause the gap next to the rear bars (meaning the BuRP fix wasn't put in place but only that the zip ties were replaced by bolts), I won't buy it. If a dealership has enough lost sales due to something like this, BuRP will get the fix out faster.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thank you Monk, appreciate your advice. Yep shoulda, woulda, coulda no resonsibility on BRPs part. Look, I'm a newbie on Spyder's, did I have any idea about ZIP ties, nope. Nobody at the dealership mentioned it, did they know, I don't know and I didn't know to ask, it was a new machine, I'm supposed to ask about concealed ZIP ties, oh please. Maybe I should have asked if I could remove the Tupperware. So easy to criticize and do the Monday morning quarter back thing.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Thank you Monk, appreciate your advice. Yep shoulda, woulda, coulda no resonsibility on BRPs part. Look, I'm a newbie on Spyder's, did I have any idea about ZIP ties, nope. Nobody at the dealership mentioned it, did they know, I don't know and I didn't know to ask, it was a new machine, I'm supposed to ask about concealed ZIP ties, oh please. Maybe I should have asked if I could remove the Tupperware. So easy to criticize and do the Monday morning quarter back thing.
    Mine was more of a general comment, not directed towards you or anyone else in particular. From my time here, I know about the zip ties and if I get the opportunity to buy a 2020+, I'll check for them. Judging from the "trash" thread where someone found a bunch of crap under his tupperware, I wouldn't have an issue requesting a dealership to remove some tupperware, either.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Man, I felt like your target, so I again read your comment, still feel like your target. Glad you are so perceptive in your purchase, perhaps you will get the perfect Spyder. I'm 87 years and damn glad I can still ride, if I missed some ZIP ties under the panels, then that's fine I'll accept that and try to gt BRP to fix it. I know now that BRP corrected the ZIP problem later on in the show room introduction and I did not know that when I made my purchase, I made that clear to you in my response. So before I say something I shouldn't, I'm done with you and your advice.

Spyder Garage

I'm 87 years and damn glad I can still ride.
    87? Really? Wow I am impressed. I hope to do same at your age.

Stay safe!

J
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Man, I felt like your target, so I again read your comment, still feel like your target. Glad you are so perceptive in your purchase, perhaps you will get the perfect Spyder. I'm 87 years and damn glad I can still ride, if I missed some ZIP ties under the panels, then that's fine I'll accept that and try to gt BRP to fix it. I know now that BRP corrected the ZIP problem later on in the show room introduction and I did not know that when I made my purchase, I made that clear to you in my response. So before I say something I shouldn't, I'm done with you and your advice.
    Chill out, bro. Again, my comment was NOT directed at you. It was a general comment. There are plenty of members here (and I'm sure some that read but aren't members) who don't know about the zip tie thing. In the future, if I'm directing a comment towards someone in particular, I'll call them out in my post.

OTOH, I think it's great that you're 87 and still riding. I doubt I'll even be alive that long.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's all good now Monk, I just just you my ignore list, that way I won't trouble you nor you me.

Spyder Garage

After reading Monk and Biker Bill comments maybe someone that is knowledgeable need to put together an inspection checklist for new buyers?
    2021 900 Ace , Black & Gold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Texas Al---Good idea. Here are my thoughts on the fly.

Zip ties
    Trash under tupperware
    Alignment (I've looked at a few new bikes from the front that sure looked like they were out of alignment...bring a tape measure. At least you can ensure the alignment isn't WAY off.)
    ALL lights (including turn signals, high/low beams, etc)
    Rear panel (not trunk) on base models and F3T. I watched someone at a local dealership a few weekends ago pull up on the panel. I heard a crack.
    Date code on tires (anything over 6 months should be suspect unless you ride a LOT, especially due to the issues most/some have with the OEM Kendas)
    Saddle bags/panniers latches
    ALL tupperware alignment
    ALL switches
    Drive belt (If nothing else, you can ensure it's not gouged or running off the rear pulley.)

That's all I can think of right now. I'm guessing it will take someone w/a little knowledge (not a mechanic) about :30 minutes to do their own pre-purchase inspection. Time well spent when you're spending well north of $20k and the only road protection you have is whatever gear you're wearing.

Spyder Garage

Mike, doubtful. Seems they have not solved the rear panel problem with arm rest install. I'm beginning to wonder if they will. Ugggg, ZIP ties from the factory, now what engineer thought of that? Before anyone asks, yep, I pester my dealer, I even have questioned another dealer Spyder doing some investigation. Could be my only choice will be, remove the arm rests and get the recall done, wife won't like that.
    Curious on how the arm rest have anything to do with the updated panels? I thought this was fixed with Panel recall deal for excessive gap?

Also what is everyone's thoughts on the Glacial Blue (F3 limited) and Deep Marsala Color schemes.
    Sempyder out,

Spyder Garage

I am not a fan of the Glacial Blue on the F3. It just does not look right to me.

I do like the Marsala red. Not mentioned above, also not a fan of the Highland green on the RT Sea and Sky model. Two spyders I would not be buying for sure...just because I do not like the color.

The 2019 Phoenix Orange F3L I bought is looking better all the time.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Loved the Phoenix orange I thought I would hear more people raving about that color last year as it was a first Race Orange color for the Spyders. I think the Deep Marsala is going to be a big a favorite color this year and the Glacier blue while I think looks good I think it will become more popular as year goes on.

Sea to Sky Model I'm actually a little surprised this model is not BLUE (SEA=BLUE SKY=BLUE) would have been cool if that had custom Blue Marble paint on side panels / custom pin stripe on select portions of the panels. Maybe like an oxford blue and glacier blue color scheme combined. I think the Green is going to do good though. I'm glad to see this model.
    Sempyder out,

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MikeT View Post
    The BIG question: Is the Sea & Sky additional standard equipment worth an extra $2500.00??????
    Mike
    UPDATE: My Servicing Dealer Answered My Question
    My servicing dealer had the option to include a Sea & Sky on their latest order. They choose to pass on the opportunity because of the price point.
    2021 Marsala Red Metallic RT Limited

Spyder Garage

The 2021 RT for colors they do better than that.

I am hanging on to my 2014 RTS-SE6 Cognac a while longer.

BRP has the capabilitys to do better colors, they could have offered the Manta Green, or a brighter blue, which they have in there 2020/2021 sled models.
    Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I put a deposit down on the new 2021 Sea to Sky edition. Delivery date is jan/feb. Im excitied.
    2021 Sea to Sky RT , Highland green

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Joel The Biker View Post
    I put a deposit down on the new 2021 Sea to Sky edition. Delivery date is jan/feb. Im excitied.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red