Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Can- Am 2021 Line up

Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Love the new color. Not so much the new price.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

New model added to the RT line and more colors choices, Some small changes to the F3 as well. looks good.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

I like the new colors for the Spyders and the new wheels on the front.

The changes on the F3-S seem to be an improvement, but only seeing it in person will really tell the story.

The RT Sea-to-Sky looks interesting, has a number of extras like the seat, 6-spoke wheels and hard luggage, but the price makes me frown. I wish there was more than a single color choice too.

It's a little odd that the video makes no reference at all to Rykers although I know they are a separate model line.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

No changes to the Ryker. If they offered a Ryker Sport with the 900 ace turbo I would have bought one tomorrow. Stick with the 2012 rs and 2019 rally I guess. Just nothing there worth buying a new model.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll have to say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The new wheels are nice and the new seat on the Sea to Sky version might help those of us that can't get comfortable on any seat but.......a couple new colors and that new S2S RT model ($30k???) doesn't really do much for me, personally. That baby blue (whatever they called it) will get purchased by women (not a bad thing...Can Am is thinking about their buyer base and is trying to get more women involved) but the Highland Green on the S2S version looks like baby crap (literally).

Even though I'm underwhelmed, it's what was expected. Looks aren't nearly as important to me as the rest of the package so the new color/wheel changes wouldn't make a bit of different to me. As I've been looking to upgrade, I've been asking dealerships if they have a color that isn't selling as well hoping to get a better deal on a slow moving color.

So, who's gonna pony up 30 large for the S2S version?

Spyder Garage

I note that if the video of the RT is of production models the shaky mirrors are still there. I guess unless if you want them solidly mounted you get to fork over additional shekels to BRP or purchase the solution that should be OEM from Squared Away. BRP listens to customers, my a**!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I guess the F3T people still get no love. Seems like most are either going for a loaded RT, loaded F3 Limited, or sporty F3S. That's cool, I like what I have and will be riding it a while longer. I don't like the newer wheels as good as I do the current ones on the 2020 RT Dark
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I'll have to say, I'm a bit underwhelmed. The new wheels are nice and the new seat on the Sea to Sky version might help those of us that can't get comfortable on any seat but.......a couple new colors and that new S2S RT model ($30k???) doesn't really do much for me, personally. That baby blue (whatever they called it) will get purchased by women (not a bad thing...Can Am is thinking about their buyer base and is trying to get more women involved) but the Highland Green on the S2S version looks like baby crap (literally).

Even though I'm underwhelmed, it's what was expected. Looks aren't nearly as important to me as the rest of the package so the new color/wheel changes wouldn't make a bit of different to me. As I've been looking to upgrade, I've been asking dealerships if they have a color that isn't selling as well hoping to get a better deal on a slow moving color.

So, who's gonna pony up 30 large for the S2S version?
    Not me. They still appear to be getting $1,000 for the custom fit bags. Still have the original set from my 2010 Premier RT. They fit in the 2014 so I am still good to go there. No way are they worth the $1,000. I bought a set of 4 Hopnel bags for my F3 for under $100.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I want to know if and when the adjustable vents and riser will be available for purchase. I had the adjustable vents on the 2015 RT and was a little disappointed that the 2020 didnt have them.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Rodriguez View Post
    No changes to the Ryker. If they offered a Ryker Sport with the 900 ace turbo I would have bought one tomorrow. Stick with the 2012 rs and 2019 rally I guess. Just nothing there worth buying a new model.
    hey .. a new powertrain for the Ryker 2021 ..Powertrain improvements (90% CVT activation noise reduction, NVH reduction at cruising speeds)
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Looks like no more manual transmission option for 2021 either ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    hey .. a new powertrain for the Ryker 2021 ..Powertrain improvements (90% CVT activation noise reduction, NVH reduction at cruising speeds)
    Where did you see this?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Looks like no more manual transmission option for 2021 either ...
    Well, that sucks. If I had my choice, I would get an RT with a 6 speed manual.
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

Spyder Garage

I have to admit that I wasn’t expecting a new bunny bouncing out of the hat with this big BRP party. The COVID situation has most manufacturing companies on their back heels trying to regain a planted foot for the future. Roughly 3, 4 or 5 months of large assembly lines being offline and the many sub component manufacturers not knowing if they’re going to be in business. It’s rough.

With this being said, BRP is doing it’s best with what it’s given. Truly, they’re giving us a platform to make our own. A very good platform it is... I’m going to look extra hard at the many suppliers that we have on this website and make purchases that I might not have made if the magical bunny appeared. Hat’s off to them for making some truly great gadgets. Now if I can only find those fuzzy dice for the rear view mirror...

Safe travels wherever you are and take time to smell the flowers.

Spyder Garage

Me too, I’d get a turbo Ryker tomorrow.
    CanAm should also look at plug-in RT.
    They are in a unique position to offer more range than 2wheelers if only because they can stuff in more batteries.