Spyder Garage

Default 3000 mile service

my Spyder is due for its first oil change and the 3000 mile checkup. Any one know what they do for the 3000 mile checkup. also what will I expect to pay? Thank you in advance.

Spyder Garage

Don't know cost. I have always done the service myself.

2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

I think (don't have it handy) the service is spelled out in the owner's manual.

I don't know about there, but out here an oil change at the dealer runs about $300 including parts and labor.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What else is included in that oil change for $300? A normal dealer service visit?

Spyder Garage

My mistake after I looked at the receipt, $203.43 total. Oil change kit plus labor on a 2014 ST.

Still working toward first oil change for the RTL. Probably in the same ballpark though.
    “There comes a time in the affairs of men... when we must seize the bull by the tail and face the situation.” - W.C. Fields

2019 Spyder RT Limited - Asphalt Gray/Chrome
    1991 H-D Sturgis FXDB -- #684 of 1600 Limited Edition

Gone but not forgotten:
    2014 Spyder ST SE5
    Steel Black Metallic
    2019 RT Limited , Asphalt Gray/Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    also what will I expect to pay? Thank you in advance.
    $268 in Minneapolis on my F3, they did adjust the belt as well as all the items on the list including oil change.
    2019 F3-T Liquid Titanium

“we are all products of those to whom we have chosen to listen”
    2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Expect to pay around $300 for the oil change/filter and checkover routine.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

The list of what is done in the 3,000 mile service is the first one in your operator's guide Maintenance schedule. Where you live determines what you'll pay based on local labor rates.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RideOn View Post
    My mistake after I looked at the receipt, $203.43 total. Oil change kit plus labor on a 2014 ST.

Still working toward first oil change for the RTL. Probably in the same ballpark though.
    Phone the dealership and get a quote simple

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

My dealer says $300, will let dealer do that to discover any warranty probs and those goofy things I can't do, then it's oil changes for me.

Spyder Garage

Here in north Wis. with limited options I payed$350 for the 3k check.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
    $268 in Minneapolis on my F3, they did adjust the belt as well as all the items on the list including oil change.
    Well unless you told them WHAT Tension to set it at .... they used the BRP spec. .... in my ( and many others here ) it's a lot higher than it needs to be. There is talk here on the Forum that BRP's high tension spec. could be re-lated to the pulley/ spline issues on the F-3 and some RT's ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Well unless you told them WHAT Tension to set it at .... they used the BRP spec. .... in my ( and many others here ) it's a lot higher than it needs to be. There is talk here on the Forum that BRP's high tension spec. could be re-lated to the pulley/ spline issues on the F-3 and some RT's ..... good luck .... Mike
    i requested set to the lower end of the range and it was noted and confirmed on my invoice.

2019 F3T , titanium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ndspyderlover View Post
    my Spyder is due for its first oil change and the 3000 mile checkup. Any one know what they do for the 3000 mile checkup. also what will I expect to pay? Thank you in advance.
    just had my 3000 mile checkup and oil change. It cost me $265. pretty reasonable. U Motors in Fargo done a good job

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post
    i requested set to the lower end of the range and it was noted and confirmed on my invoice.
    When I got my 3k mile service on my 2018 RTL, I asked what the belt was set at. I was told towards the top of the recommended tightness. I asked that they loosen it to the lower end of "recommended". They refused. Not sure if it was because they aren't supposed to change it if it's within BuRPs specs or if the tech was too lazy to do so. Either way, I'll see if I get a vibration on the new bike. They don't have the stock F3 bars in stock yet so I have to go back in a couple weeks to get those installed. If need be, I'll have them loosen the belt a bit then.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    When I got my 3k mile service on my 2018 RTL, I asked what the belt was set at. I was told towards the top of the recommended tightness. I asked that they loosen it to the lower end of "recommended". They refused. Not sure if it was because they aren't supposed to change it if it's within BuRPs specs or if the tech was too lazy to do so. Either way, I'll see if I get a vibration on the new bike. They don't have the stock F3 bars in stock yet so I have to go back in a couple weeks to get those installed. If need be, I'll have them loosen the belt a bit then.
    I was thinking about getting a Krikit before the next service just to get an idea of what they are setting it to before and after.
    I assume there is a difference between unloaded and on the ground, but a baseline measurement would be helpful.
    vibration is not totally absent, but it’s not bad. I think the tires contribute more.

Is there a board sponsor that sells Krikit?

ba

2019 F3T , titanium

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yes, BajaRon sells the Krikit II, and it works a treat. Peggy's 2013 STS is at about 160 in the air, and 180 on the ground.
    Peggy and Howard

Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S SM5

His: 1999 Honda VFR Interceptor