Spyder Garage

Default Federal 595 EVO vs FORMOZA AZ01

I'm interested in opinions of anyone who has tried both the Federal 595 EVO and Federal FORMOZA AZ01 tires on the front. I've used the Federal FORMOZA AZ01's and I really like them. Just thinking about trying the 595 EVO's and would like opinions on how they compare.
    I'm only interested in these two tires, so please don't tell me about other tires you think in should try.

Thanks, Mike
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I have the FORMOZA AZ01 for two years now and have no complaints.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I had the 595 EVO's on my 2014 RT. Put them on at approx. 21k miles. They made my bike ride and handle better than it did the day I purchased the bike. My 2016 F3T has a little over 20k miles and the front stock tires are starting to cup. I will definitely be looking for the 595's again.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I've had both. The 595 is an improvement over the stock Kenda, but not much. I changed the tire out early (it wore like iron) due to unsatisfactory handling. (It was a little skittish in turn and was very sensitive to air pressure. It seemed to me the rubber compound was too hard for the weight of the bike.) Upon the recommendation of Joe and Ann Meyer, I then bought and installed the other Federal, the Formoza. It was much better in every way. It's a tire that shouldn't be as good as it is, but is that good.
    2020 RTL SE6

Previously 2008 GS SM5 and 2014 RT SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KX5062 View Post
    I've had both. The 595 is an improvement over the stock Kenda, but not much. I changed the tire out early (it wore like iron) due to unsatisfactory handling. (It was a little skittish in turn and was very sensitive to air pressure. It seemed to me the rubber compound was too hard for the weight of the bike.) Upon the recommendation of Joe and Ann Meyer, I then bought and installed the other Federal, the Formoza. It was much better in every way. It's a tire that shouldn't be as good as it is, but is that good.
    Hmm, that's odd. I switched TO the 595EVO from the AZ01 cuz I'm ALL about the handling... They perform MUCH better for me than the AZ01's. Light effort, very precise and grip like mad... Now back in the day there were two diff 595's! The standard 595 and then the EVO cam along shortly after. Were yours EVO's?

OP, this ALL may be a moot point as the EVO's we all know and some of us love, have been discontinued!! There is NO OE size available in the 595 line anymore! GAH! They do have a 185/55-15 that you may be able to cram under your fenders. You may be able to find some EVO's around still. But it looks like the AZ01's are going to be your best bet. And don't get me wrong, they are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Kenda's!!!!

'15 F3-S Pure Magnesium Metallic - Mad Max Edition
    '15 Mclaren 650S Coupe - Aurora Blue

"You Were Really Flyin', When I Passed You Back There!"

Chuck
    2015 F3-S , Pure Magnesium Metallic/Steel Black Metallic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Hmm, that's odd. I switched TO the 595EVO from the AZ01 cuz I'm ALL about the handling... They perform MUCH better for me than the AZ01's. Light effort, very precise and grip like mad... Now back in the day there were two diff 595's! The standard 595 and then the EVO cam along shortly after. Were yours EVO's?

OP, this ALL may be a moot point as the EVO's we all know and some of us love, have been discontinued!! There is NO OE size available in the 595 line anymore! GAH! They do have a 185/55-15 that you may be able to cram under your fenders. You may be able to find some EVO's around still. But it looks like the AZ01's are going to be your best bet. And don't get me wrong, they are LIGHT YEARS ahead of the Kenda's!!!!
    No, they were the original 595 and not the EVO.
    2020 RTL SE6

Spyder Garage

Thanks for your opinions guys. I've had the AZ01's and they are much better than stock. Just wondering how the 595 EVO's compare. Appears to be a split decision. Hypurone there are still 595 EVO's on ebay, and they're still on Federal's website.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelscs View Post
    Thanks for your opinions guys. I've had the AZ01's and they are much better than stock. Just wondering how the 595 EVO's compare. Appears to be a split decision. Hypurone there are still 595 EVO's on ebay, and they're still on Federal's website.
    Hmmm, that's odd, I was just there and didn't see them. On the US site that is... Now the Euro site has them listed but if you look at the global market tab, only 2 sizes, neither of which I would use....

Chuck

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hypurone View Post
    Hmmm, that's odd, I was just there and didn't see them. On the US site that is... Now the Euro site has them listed but if you look at the global market tab, only 2 sizes, neither of which I would use....
    Here's a link:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Federal-595...IAAOSwiRNfWjGe
    Just one of a few I found.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Here's a link:
    Yes, that is the tire I put on my 2014 RT. That tire was awesome, and the tread pattern looked the performance part also.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

Here's a link:
    Looks like the perfect tire for me! Thanks for the link..looks like a nice sticky compound and nice looking tire. It would be nice to find an equivalent v-rated rear tire. Looking forward to trying these. My front kendas are starting to feel like bricks @11k miles..

Spyder Garage

Before you buy a tire on eBay make sure of the date of manufacture.

Years ago I bought tires on eBay that were supposed to be new current stock. When they arrived I check the date codes and found they were 12 years old (and used to boot). I got my money back, but had to pay to have the tires disposed of locally.

Just be careful.
    2020 RTL SE6

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    It would be nice to find an equivalent v-rated rear tire.
    I'm using the Yokohama S-Drive with mine currently. It has been redesigned into the Advan Fleva as the new iteration. I run it in the 205/55-15, wicked handling!

Chuck

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    Looks like the perfect tire for me! Thanks for the link..looks like a nice sticky compound and nice looking tire. It would be nice to find an equivalent v-rated rear tire. Looking forward to trying these. My front kendas are starting to feel like bricks @11k miles..
    You can get the General Altimax RT43 in " V " rating .... However - " looks like a nice sticky compound " - what does a bad looking compound look like ???? ....I think the OEM Kenda's LOOK great .... however as a tire they SU*K ...... good luck .... Mike