Spyder Garage

Default Anyone tried Battery posts risers?

Has anyone installed the battery post risers on the 2020 RT? I was looking at my setup and noticed one of the post is upright and one is on its side. If installed, can the side post be turned upright?

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/batte...ers-lamonster/

Spyder Garage

On my 2018 RT Limited, the rectangular nut can be rotated. Each battery post has threads on top and in front.

I just got them, but not installing. My positive cable is short and the tongue has a designed bend. The riser did not seat to my liking.

I will keep them onboard for use with my battery jump pack.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lehrman View Post
    Has anyone installed the battery post risers on the 2020 RT? I was looking at my setup and noticed one of the post is upright and one is on its side. If installed, can the side post be turned upright?

http://www.lamonstergarage.com/batte...ers-lamonster/
    On my 2014 RTL, I found they were just too much in the way to install the battery properly. Also, it leaves all that exposed metal with 12v.

Nice idea though.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    On my 2014 RTL, I found they were just too much in the way to install the battery properly. Also, it leaves all that exposed metal with 12v...
    Thanks for the tip. I'd thought about them when I had to replace my battery but reorienting the cables left me with good places to grip with my Rugged Geek jump pack.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I wound up adding a battery maintainer/trickle charge SAE cable that has flat ring connectors for the battery and then can bring the cable into the frunk and add any SAE connector, including jumpers that I connect my rugged geek pack too. Gives me a place to jump if needed but then also any additional power needed by adding a SAE lighter plug with whatever you'd plug into that.