Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Ride to Tortilla Flat AZ Great scenery and a good restaurant at end..busy on w/e though..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoahMercy View Post
    I can go about fourteen miles north and head over US Hwy 14 and then south to 16 and back home, making a loop on the Bighorn Mountains that includes two scenic byways and two passes around 10,000 feet, along with a great waterfall, canyons, switchbacks, 150 mile views, some 10% grades, elk, moose, deer, pronghorn, turkey, bighorn sheep, desert, prairie, forests, mesas, buttes, and very little traffic most of the year.

I know that route very well. Done it 20-30 times easily. The last time I was there three years ago had the entire road ripped up. I was pulling a 42’ toyhauler and it was not fun. One of the switchbacks towards the top was just bulldozered and rough! It was like driving across a bolder field for about 3 miles. NO SPYDER WOULD HAVE GOT THROUGH IN ONE PIECE THAT DAY! I love the wildflowers and I remember stopping and seeing the biggest moose ever. He walked out of the lake and simply walked over to my wife and I as to say yep I am the grandest thing you have ever seen now I’m going that way and walked down the road. Love the bighorns! Not bad in the winter either Different machine though! Was there when the tornados ripped though 11 years ago. They rebuilt the big gas station just outside the KOA the following year.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GOZFST View Post
    Vanocker Canyon is 19 miles, that leads to Nemo Rd can go back to Rapid City and home or to Deadwood and on to Spearfish Canyon.
    So many good rides within an hour here, it’s almost unfair. Mine would probably be Iron Mt. rd via S. Rockerville rd and Keystone, then cut across on S. Playhouse rd to Needles Hwy.
    Trent - 2017 asphalt grey RT Limited,
    Ultimate Seat, Baha Ron’s sway bar, Vredestine rear tire, Federal Formoza fronts, SlingMod’s LED head and fog lights, Lamonster’s highway pegs

HE>I
    2017 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I know that route very well. Done it 20-30 times easily. The last time I was there three years ago had the entire road ripped up. I was pulling a 42’ toyhauler and it was not fun. One of the switchbacks towards the top was just bulldozered and rough! It was like driving across a bolder field for about 3 miles. NO SPYDER WOULD HAVE GOT THROUGH IN ONE PIECE THAT DAY! I love the wildflowers and I remember stopping and seeing the biggest moose ever. He walked out of the lake and simply walked over to my wife and I as to say yep I am the grandest thing you have ever seen now I’m going that way and walked down the road. Love the bighorns! Not bad in the winter either Different machine though! Was there when the tornados ripped though 11 years ago. They rebuilt the big gas station just outside the KOA the following year.
    We had a poker run up there when they were doing that construction! My wife and I on my V Star 1300 through that rutted rocky patch was not fun, but I roll darkside and that really helped. And last year another tornado went across the highway right up near Powder River Pass. Took out a bunch of snow fencing and a few acres of trees. And my last trip over was a couple weeks ago to visit the Big horn Canyon and we got to see a big bull on the way home right up near Burgess Junction (14/14A) about a mile from Bear Lodge.

moose.jpg

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NoahMercy View Post
    We had a poker run up there when they were doing that construction! My wife and I on my V Star 1300 through that rutted rocky patch was not fun, but I roll darkside and that really helped. And last year another tornado went across the highway right up near Powder River Pass. Took out a bunch of snow fencing and a few acres of trees. And my last trip over was a couple weeks ago to visit the Big horn Canyon and we got to see a big bull on the way home right up near Burgess Junction (14/14A) about a mile from Bear Lodge.

moose.jpg
    Nice. I am now home and my home computer has my moose picture! Took it with my 400mm F4 lens. One of my favorite spots is going by the waterfall on the right take, take the switchback and the valley opens up to the prairie land way out infront of you on the west side. The beginning after the 3rd or forth switch back and look back towards Sheriden is pretty cool too. Its like your looking at tiny fake model town in a drawing with the flatlands going east. Beautiful country right there. Its one of my wife favorite placed to ride horses and one of my favorite places besides the Tetons to mountain ride the sleds. Ok now back to the subject of best rides close by!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Not a bad road to be found in north east Oregon.

Spyder Garage

My favorite ride here in NW AR is hwy 12 out of Rogers to hwy 23 south to hwy 74 south of Huntsville. Ride that east to hwy 21S. Ride it all the way down to Clarksville, AR. In Clarksville, pick up hwy 103 and ride it west to hwy 215, which will take you ro hwy 23 again, part of the Pig Trail there. Ride 23 north to hwy 16 and take it west to Elkins, AR. I usually fill up with gas in Elkins. From there I ride one of several back roads up to hwy 412 or 12 and back to Rogers. This is a 250 mile loop, and usually takes around 5 hours. There is a small amount of 4 lane roads. The rest is all 2 lanes with lots of ups and downs and many many curves from 10mph rated up. Another great ride from here is to Jasper, AR and back running lots of back roads. Another great ride is to Peel's Ferry. I won't try to describe the route as there are many options.
    Larry 2015 Spyder F3 SM6
    2015 F3 SM6 , Orange

Spyder Garage

Definitely MA 32A, mentioned above (every time I use it , starting from Hardwick village, there's never a car). Going west from there, Shutesbury Road (Tail of the Little Dragon), Rt. 116 from S. Deerfield to Ashfield (curvy and a wooden bridge to the side in Conway), Rt. 112 in Worthington, Mohawk Trail and of course, Mt. Greylock.
    2019 Can Am F3 Limited

Spyder Upgrades/mods:
    F4 Windscreen,
    Ultimate seat and Driver's backrest,
    Lamonster Fog lights,
    Lamonster Brake Rod kit,
    CanAm Short Reach Handlebar

Other Current Bike: 2009 Honda Shadow 750 Aero

Past Bikes:
    2018 BMW C650CT
    2013 BMW C650GT
    2011 Honda SH150i
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue Metallic

Spyder Garage

Pennsylvania has awesome roads, everywhere! Lots of hills, scenery, twisties and beautiful leaves! Going to go see them this week!
    2015 Spyder RT Limited, Red Pearl
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Contigo Cup
    Cup Holder
    Cargo Nets
    Additional turn signals mounted behind speaker grill
    12v cable for heated clothing
    Sheepskin seat cover
    Baja Ron Sway bar

Myles of Smyles!!

2011 Spyder RT
    Viper Red

Spyder Garage

In New Jersey I stay off the highways and cruise back roads which are mostly traffic free. It amazes me how the spyder turned a 8.6 mile commute home from work into a 2hr game of " where does this road go"

Spyder Garage

We often ride 412 East-West across the northern part of Arkansas when traveling from Georgia. It's a pretty good ride and if you deviate a bit off 412 there are some awesome roads and small towns. I grew up in Harrison and we still have property there. Highway 7 North and South was my playground.

Spyder Garage

Pa sites close to home - US Rte 6 through Pa., Kinzua Bridge State Park in Mt Jewettt, Pa., Rte 666 (the triple 6) Sheffield, Pa. to East Hickory, Pa.and of course the Allegheny National Forest in Pa

NY you can’t go wrong riding around the Finger Lakes and it’s a must ride the ADK in the fall

But anywhere is good as long as your enjoying the ride and the people you meet in your travels.

Be safe

Hers 2014 ST
    His 2016 RT Limited
    2016 RT Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    It depends what you call close to home? If I have an hour to spare, my go to is Rt 32A on the east side of the Quabbin Reservoir in Mass --- and riding around the Brookfields (small villages, secondary roads, little traffic, great scenery), but if it is a day ride... anywhere in Vermont! The Green Mountains are great to ride in, and traffic is limited.
    Bob,

When you ride in Vermont, have you been on Route 108 ( Smugglers Notch, off of Route 100 , in the Stowe, Vermont area). Route 108 is a very spyder riding road.

Stowe is known for Von Trapps , restaurants, brewery's, skiing, and other activities. It has some of the best fall foliage views.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

Vermont has a lot of great scenic roads to ride on. It is tough for me to choice which route is my favorite one.

But If I had to choose it would be Route 108 going thru Smugglers notch out of Stowe, ( off of Route 100 North).

Route 108 is very twisty, scenic. It is also very busy with tourist, that do hiking, walking, camping, and etc.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vermont_108.svg

Click on the link and scroll down to Route 108.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD
    2023 F3 LTD Special Series , N/A N/A Mineral Blue

Spyder Garage

I agree! I come from the opposite direction. 77 to old 77 to 426 and into Warren. Then 59 past the Kinzua dam to 321 along the river to NY line. Take allegany State park 3 to Bradford and then 219 to Kane. Now jump on 66 to 948 and run the triple “666”. From Tionesta to Leeper then down to 322. goto Franklin eat in the park and finish on 322 in Meadville.

Quote Originally Posted by michrick View Post
    Pa sites close to home - US Rte 6 through Pa., Kinzua Bridge State Park in Mt Jewettt, Pa., Rte 666 (the triple 6) Sheffield, Pa. to East Hickory, Pa.and of course the Allegheny National Forest in Pa

NY you can’t go wrong riding around the Finger Lakes and it’s a must ride the ADK in the fall

But anywhere is good as long as your enjoying the ride and the people you meet in your travels.

Be safe

“Born to Ride......Ride to Live....MOATER ON !
    “Current ride: 2017 RT Limited”

Spyder Garage

Central NJ has hundreds of miles of country roads to enjoy sweepers and open roads. Western Monmouth County and the Pine Barrens in Ocean County are full day trips. Eastern PA is only an hour away and has outstanding twisty back roads to play on as well. One especially fun road is PA 339 to Bloomsbury, Pa.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White

Spyder Garage

I have to agree with you on riding in NW Arkansas/Missouri... we always go to the Black Hills in SD each year cuz we like to ride there.. even did the Sturgis event this year..
    HOWEVER, we recently did the Lamonster Garage gig and did two full days of riding from Nexa, MO into Arkansas and must say it was one of the best riding experiences we have ever had.. we did have a good ride leader that took us everywhere.. I don't know if there is even one block of straight road in your area as it was left and right and up and down constantly... we did about 250 miles one day and 200 another day..
    we stayed in Branson and will be back next year for some more of that great riding..
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

I hear your plight about no curvy roads... I live in "flatland" Nebraska!!!
    However, just an FYI for you, when you have time try the Loess Hills that stretch from the Minnesota border to the Missouri border along the Western edge of Iowa.. we are NISR (Nebraska Iowa Spyder Ryders) and we ride the Loess Hills between Sioux City and Council Bluffs and South to Hamburg frequently.. Lots of great scenery, curvy and hilly roads - all hard surfaced.. Unfortunately, our riding year is coming to a close with the cool fall weather????????
    Look for NISR on Facebook in the spring and maybe you can join one of our monthly rides..
    BIG F

Spyder Garage

but you did not mention Iron Mountain Road and Needles Highway???????????????
    BIG F

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    I have to agree with you on riding in NW Arkansas/Missouri... we always go to the Black Hills in SD each year cuz we like to ride there.. even did the Sturgis event this year..
    HOWEVER, we recently did the Lamonster Garage gig and did two full days of riding from Nexa, MO into Arkansas and must say it was one of the best riding experiences we have ever had.. we did have a good ride leader that took us everywhere.. I don't know if there is even one block of straight road in your area as it was left and right and up and down constantly... we did about 250 miles one day and 200 another day..
    we stayed in Branson and will be back next year for some more of that great riding..
    BIG F
    Big F , I absolutely agree with your assessment of the roads in that area ..... did you do " Peel's Ferry " ???? .... town highway " H " in the Mark Twain forest ( in Mo. ) ....... Mike

Very Active Member Peacekeeper6's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I live in the valley of the Sierra Nevadas, close to Lake Tahoe.

Pretty much anywhere I point my bike towards the mountains is a good ride.

Lucky me !!

Plus, while my bike does her winter hibernation, I can ski/snowboard at some of the best ski resorts in the country. Again, lucky me !!!!
    SIGNATURE PIC CURRENTLY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

2016 Toyota Sienna SE - hers
    2002 BMW 325i - his
    1994 Chevrolet Silverado K1500 Sportside Z71 - whoevers vehicle is in the shop
    2009 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Vivid Black) - his
    2018 Can-Am Spyder RT Limited - hers
    2007 Harley-Davidson Sportster XL883 Low (Pearl White) - hers (SOLD 02/29/20)
    2011 Tao Tao 50 - whoevers bike is in the shop
    2007 Reinell 186 FNS - the dog's
    1995 Fleetwood Flair 27R - EVERYBODY'S !