Spyder Garage

Default Stereo disconnects the passenger Packtalk

I have a 2020 RT Limited that we use 2 up with Packtalk communicators. The intercom works fine between the rider and passenger but we lose the audio connection to the passenger. It seems to be a range issue, we swapped out the communicators and they both lose the audio connection intermittently. When you start up the bike both headsets work properly but within a few minutes of riding the passenger disconnects. Both the headsets are paired to the bike and we are using DMC intercom between the unit. Can anyone shed some light on this issue? Thanks for the help
    2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are the headsets also paired to the phone directly? Shouldn't be. DMC is for bike to bike not rider/passenger. Mike sensativity, like when talking can mute or lower the music volume while talking and wind noise can do it as well. Since the passenger is more susceptible to winds that is the most likely problem.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

The phone is paired with the spyder not to the communicators. She is wearing a full face helmet so I would hope that would not disconnect. We are ble to use the intercom with no issue.
    2021 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

If you are trying to do this with BRP Connect I gave up and now run my phone and radio (Sirus XM off phone) through my ZUMO never have issues with our PackTalk Bold.
    Chaplain "Hardcase" Mike
    Mission M25; Run For The Wall
    We ride for those who Can't
    Never Forgotten

2020 RT Limited Dark
    Baja Ron
    Short Reach Bars
    Comfort Seat w/Back Rest
    Passenger Arm Rest
    Lamonster Cuff With Drink Holder
    Garmin Zumo XT With Mont
    Spyder Pops Lighting
    Emergency Strobes
    CB Radio

2020 RT LIMITED (Dark) , Caulk White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I recently found that everything was fine with the Packtalk paired to the phone. When I open the Cardo app to check settings, it was after that that I lost connection and had to stop and the rest of the ride was glitchy. I figured I won't use the Cardo app.

I stopped using BRP Connect after Sygic changed their app and BRP told me to get a dealer to fix it. :-D (Sygic Car Navigation is no longer available in app stores)
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red