A little history, several days ago I bought the 2014 with a little over 3K miles. It would not idle correctly and had the power of a moped. In a previous post you riders were kind enough to give suggestions. Initially there were no codes or a check engine light. As recommended I did the following:
-checked the airbox and snorkel
-siphoned the old gas
-bypassed the purge valve
After this it would idle correctly.
I took it out for a ride and in less than 2 miles it threw a check engine light and I pulled up the code P0131. Forum member was kind enough to say it was probably front o2 sensor. I ordered one and installed it; no change, still had check engine light and same P0131 code. Here I replaced the fuel filter. I then figured the front one was not the problem so I removed the rear o2 sensor and replaced it with the old front o2 sensor I had removed. I still have the check engine light but no codes. It is raining so can't check to see if power has improved.
My questions:
-Will the check engine light reduce power
-Does the dealer have to turn off the check engine light
I hate to put up a long post but this Can Am has been more of a headache than all the previous bikes I've owned combined and I must admit I'm lost. It didn't help when I went to the local dealer to pick up the o2 sensor and he asked me why I would ever by a Can Am Spyder! He's also a multi manufacturer dealer. I read the forum rules, so I waited to post until my language would be PG.