Spyder Garage

Question Is it safe to tow a Freedom trailer with a 2020 F3-S? Why doesn't BRP sell a hitch?

Are all the SCS/TCS/HHC systems on the F3 S going to work as advertised with a trailer hanging off the back. I don't want to end up in Limp mode after I have bought the F3 S, a hitch, wiring and a trailer.

This is the nature of the dilemma. I absolutely love the looks of the F3 S,
    F3 S graphic.JPG
    and 80-90% of the time it fills the bill as it comes off the showroom floor. Maybe some kind of removable windshield for wet or cold weather. Most of the time I would be riding and have the cowl on the back. A bag strapped on to the passenger seat or a bag on a Lamonster rack would be ample for all my carrying needs when going solo.

However for the long trips and camping vacations with my girlfriend I would really like to have the option to pull a trailer to be able to take along all the gear.
    freedom trailer.jpg

The F3 T is okay
    used f3 at Energy.JPG

and already has bags for some luggage and some creature comforts that do have their appeal. It comes ready to install a BRP hitch and pull a trailer and it is, CALIBRATED FOR TOWING (whatever that means). To my eye, it does not have the visual appeal of the F3 S, it is a distant second though I may end up having to go that route.

Yes I have thought of wrapping the frame in orange and replacing the handlebars and grill with the F3-S ones but the total price keeps going up and I really don't want to come out of retirement to fund my habit.

Spyder Garage

The BRP hitch only fits the F3L/T and/or the RTs. The F3 and F3S were not designed to tow. That said, there are aftermarket hitches you can buy to put on the F3S. I do not know if the safety devices are affected if you install a hitch.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I have seen after-market Hitches for your type of swing arm ..... IMHO there is no reason why your F-3 S won't be safe towing a Max load of 400lbs. same as all the Rt's ...... Mike