Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mcalva View Post
    Somebody has tried to connect to BRP Connect with MySpyne on the Android or apple mobile?
    Just tried and the dash without the BRP C app. I even had the MySpin app open just in case and didn't work. I'm guessing the dash firmware would need to be updated/changed to make it work.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Fat cycle daddy, I just purchased my 2018 Spyder RTL and purchased the Sygic Navigation premium on sale. My problem is I can’t get Sygic past the initial setup to use the app. When I click on the grayed out icon it tells me to click Start which I do then it says click on popup 1 and then Popup 2 on my handset. Nothing shows up on my phone except the map in Sygic. I get no pop ups. Any advise on what I’m doing wrong?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jahdar View Post
    Fat cycle daddy, I just purchased my 2018 Spyder RTL and purchased the Sygic Navigation premium on sale. My problem is I can’t get Sygic past the initial setup to use the app. When I click on the grayed out icon it tells me to click Start which I do then it says click on popup 1 and then Popup 2 on my handset. Nothing shows up on my phone except the map in Sygic. I get no pop ups. Any advise on what I’m doing wrong?
    In the Sygic GPS Nav app go to the settings and enable the Bosch MySpin. Luckily someone on the BRP Connect User Group figured it out.

When opening any app in the dash for the first time, you need to have the connected phone close at hand to OK any popups. Each app will do this is its an approval for the bike/phone connection. Rever works with Androids but not yet for iPhones. Dash radio is great as it allows music selection while moving compared to the Apple Music where you can't do get anything playing unless you're stopped.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    ...enable the Bosch MySpin.
    Pretty sure this is only available on iPhones. I've got an Android and I spent hours looking for this. (Never found it.) Susan on the FB group seemed to think this was only on iPhones. I got Sygic to work (sort of) via my Samsung Galaxy S10+. I haven't tried it yet on my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Don't want to use BuRP Connect (and not many do), buy THIS https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 . It's a data blocker. It will give you power to charge your phone but will NOT allow data through meaning you won't connect to BuRP Connect and you're phone won't lock up. I've used a data blocker (that particular link) for about 6 months. It works perfectly.
    Okay, now this seems like a cool solution. Please help me to understand something though: If I connect my iPhone to the USB port in the small glovebox with the data blocker in place, so I can keep my iPhone powered, can I also play my iPhone audio (Spotify, map directions, etc) through the bike's speaker system by connecting the phone to the bike via Bluetooth?

Thank you for any advice or experience you (or anyone) can lend to this! I've made a deposit on a 2020 RTL and would like to know what hurdles I'm going to be facing.

Steven

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sjtryon View Post
    Okay, now this seems like a cool solution. Please help me to understand something though: If I connect my iPhone to the USB port in the small glovebox with the data blocker in place, so I can keep my iPhone powered, can I also play my iPhone audio (Spotify, map directions, etc) through the bike's speaker system by connecting the phone to the bike via Bluetooth?

Thank you for any advice or experience you (or anyone) can lend to this! I've made a deposit on a 2020 RTL and would like to know what hurdles I'm going to be facing.

Steven
    Yes any music or sounds will be heard by the speakers (or headset) when the phone is connected vie bluetooth. Although not positive about GPS sounds but if a GPS app is giving voice directions then it should interrupt the music. The data blocker prevents the system from recognizing the phone for the BRP Connect app. You also have to go into the music and make sure the music is bluetooth and not FM radio.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Yes any music or sounds will be heard by the speakers (or headset) when the phone is connected vie bluetooth.
    Very cool. Thank you for sharing this. It just seems as though it would be so much easier to have my phone mounted on my bars (like I do on my motorcycles) and powered by the bike so I can see alerts, etc, all while using the iPhone to also play my music and perhaps even handle navigation. I don't make a habit out of using my phone while riding, but I also don't like being totally disconnected from that flow of information if my family or others need me or something.

Although not positive about GPS sounds but if a GPS app is giving voice directions then it should interrupt the music.
    Based on your description, I would have to assume that any noise the phone makes - Spotify, navigation instructions, alert sounds, & even the phone app itself - would all be directly routed to the bike speakers and be no different than what you would experience if you were using headphones or any connected speakers: All the noise/sound the phone produces, just sent to the bike speakers rather than the internal speaker.

You also have to go into the music and make sure the music is bluetooth and not FM radio.
    That would make sense since that would be a completely different audio source.

Your response has been very helpful! Thank you very much! I was a bit concerned about being constrained by the BRP Connect ecosystem. I've been a GPS user on my bikes since GPS technology became available to the public and I rely on my iPhone (probably way too much) to keep me informed about the world and connected to my family and others. I'd hate to limit all of that to just what is provided by the BRP Connect system.

It sounds like I'll probably end up with the data blocker, a USB splitter, and some small cables off of the splitter to power the phone and a GPS unit -- both mounted to the bars.

Thank you again!

Steven

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sjtryon View Post
    Very cool. Thank you for sharing this. It just seems as though it would be so much easier to have my phone mounted on my bars (like I do on my motorcycles) and powered by the bike so I can see alerts, etc, all while using the iPhone to also play my music and perhaps even handle navigation. I don't make a habit out of using my phone while riding, but I also don't like being totally disconnected from that flow of information if my family or others need me or something.

Based on your description, I would have to assume that any noise the phone makes - Spotify, navigation instructions, alert sounds, & even the phone app itself - would all be directly routed to the bike speakers and be no different than what you would experience if you were using headphones or any connected speakers: All the noise/sound the phone produces, just sent to the bike speakers rather than the internal speaker.

That would make sense since that would be a completely different audio source.

Your response has been very helpful! Thank you very much! I was a bit concerned about being constrained by the BRP Connect ecosystem. I've been a GPS user on my bikes since GPS technology became available to the public and I rely on my iPhone (probably way too much) to keep me informed about the world and connected to my family and others. I'd hate to limit all of that to just what is provided by the BRP Connect system.

It sounds like I'll probably end up with the data blocker, a USB splitter, and some small cables off of the splitter to power the phone and a GPS unit -- both mounted to the bars.

Thank you again!

Steven
    I have my Android phone on the handlebars of my 2018 F3L. BT connected to the dash. But not plugged into BRP Connect usb plug. Installed a dedicated USB charge plug on the handlebars. It works very well. Last season I used the Sirius XM app a lot but also use Google play music. Depending on the app. There is some control from the handlebar controls. For GPS apps I mostly use Waze and sometimes Google Maps Drive. Any audio from the GPS app will mute the music during the GPS announcement. Telephony functions work very well. Nicest feature is the caller info will display on your Spyders screen. You then have the choice to answer or ignore using the handlebar controls.

2018 F3 LIMITED