Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYD3R View Post
    NO NO NO.....
    DO NOT GIVE BRP a reason to VOID your WARRANTEE.....
    i just spoke with my dealer, and he advise me to go with the recommended 'paste' that BRP is saying will cure the problem; KLUBERPASTE 46 MR401, is what is recommended... my dealer informed me that they had to cut a spline in half because the wrong material was applied... he also stated that the K-paste may need to be applied occasionally... i would think @ each rear tire change...
    just my opinion.... but well all know how that goes...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    The moly paste that DerSpyGuy linked to is functionally equivalent to the Kluberpaste 46 and some consider it a better formulation.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

had mine replaced today @ 4482 miles...
    IMG_20200928_115844.jpg
    this is what it looked like...
    DEL-KAWA of HENDERSONVILLE, NC did the replacement, and the entire team there were absolutely fantastic... THANK YOU...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

while traveling last month in north carolina one of the guys sprocket with south luckily we had just pulled into Iron Horse motorcycles to check out the new 2020 spyders they took very good care of him right then since we were traveling great dealership very nice people very professional they are in monroe nc

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

had mine replaced today @ 4482 miles...
    IMG_20200928_115844.jpg
    this is what it looked like...
    DEL-KAWA of HENDERSONVILLE, NC did the replacement, and the entire team there were absolutely fantastic... THANK YOU...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Was that miles since the last replacement, or since new? And this is an F3?

Spyder Garage

How well dose a new sprocket fit on the shaft that has been cleaned and slipped on dry? Is there a lot of side to side slope in the fit up, can you twist it left and right or is it a tight fit? If there is a lot of slope , for god sake it needs to be machined to a tighter tolerance in my book. Why can't BRP see that, and why is it mostly only the F3's? Don't make sense dose it? This is getting like years ago if you had a chev 350 you had a new cap and rotor in your glove box, because some time some place you would be going down the road and the motor would stop running, take the cap off and it would have a carbon track to ground!! We have to ride around with a new sprocket in the trunk to get home!!!! WOW
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

The sprocket that Dan had replaced at 4482 miles was the factory original on his 2019 F3-S. I had to have my third replacement sprocket at less than 5000 miles. My original sprocket lasted 17,000 miles. I do not understand why BRP cannot come up with a PERMANENT fix for this. And this problem is unheard of on the RT’s, the ST’s and the RS’s.
    2020 F3 Ltd

Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Brake/Run/Turn Signal LED's
    Lamonster Garage LED Fog Lights and Headlights
    2013 ST-S retired 1/9/16 at 25,061 miles
    2015 F3S sold at 77,565 miles.
    2015 F3-S , BajaRon Plugs Can-Am Red

Spyder Garage

I just bought a 2020 base F3! Has anyone with a newer bike had this issue?

Spyder Garage

download.jpg When I first read about this red dust on the front pulley I pulled the pulley cover on my 2018 F3s and discovered a light coating of red dust with just short of 4000 miles on bike. It was still under warranty but did not trust the dealer that it was bought from, so I pulled the pulley and cleaned it up and applied honda moly 60 paste that I use to use on my Kawasaki Concours drive shaft to the splines. Closing in on 9000 miles now and will check it again when I change oil and put it away for the winter. mully
    2018 F3s, 2016 versys 650LT, 2001 concours 1000

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    The sprocket that Dan had replaced at 4482 miles was the factory original on his 2019 F3-S. I had to have my third replacement sprocket at less than 5000 miles. My original sprocket lasted 17,000 miles. I do not understand why BRP cannot come up with a PERMANENT fix for this. And this problem is unheard of on the RT’s, the ST’s and the RS’s.
    Did the dealer just install a new sprocket or did they use any type of paste or lube to protect the splines?

Spyder Garage

Default New

Quote Originally Posted by Possible View Post
    Was that miles since the last replacement, or since new? And this is an F3?
    SINCE NEW.... YES, F3...
    again; BRP needs to get off the pot and fix this issue...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JKMSPYDER View Post
    We have seen RT with the same failure. Not as many but we do see them.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bottomline2000 View Post
    Did the dealer just install a new sprocket or did they use any type of paste or lube to protect the splines?
    the dealer installed a new sprocket, and applied the KLUGERPASTE as recommended by BRP.... my faith is BRP's directive is about ZERO, so i'll be watching the progress of the sprocket every so often, and should it need replacement AGAIN, i'll be contacting my Attorney General here in South Carolina and file a LEMON LAW case... this is just INSANE that they, BRP, haven't addressed this issue years ago.... my only wish, is that HONDA would come out with a direct competitor to these SPYD3RS.... don't get me wrong, i LOVE my SPYD3R, but i have NO TRUST in BRP's engineering or management anymore...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R

Spyder Garage

If ANY of the big Japanese 4 came out with a version, I'd likely look VERY hard at it. I'm a huge Kawasaki fan

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

lighten up everyone your acting like the world is coming to an end

Spyder Garage

Look at how long and what had to happen to get the fire bomb 2013 RTs fixed. BRP is dragging their backside on this problem.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

the dealer installed a new sprocket, and applied the KLUGERPASTE as recommended by BRP.... my faith is BRP's directive is about ZERO, so i'll be watching the progress of the sprocket every so often, and should it need replacement AGAIN, i'll be contacting my Attorney General here in South Carolina and file a LEMON LAW case... this is just INSANE that they, BRP, haven't addressed this issue years ago.... my only wish, is that HONDA would come out with a direct competitor to these SPYD3RS.... don't get me wrong, i LOVE my SPYD3R, but i have NO TRUST in BRP's engineering or management anymore...
    Dan P
    SPYD3R
    Honda has a prototype 3 wheeled motorcycle the NEOWING but who knows when that might come out. Its been on the drawing board since 2015 and a patent in 2019.

Spyder Garage

Dan P
    SPYD3R
    because of 5 failures..............have you checked your belt tension with a cricket2 gage?? I have mine at about 165 with wheel on ground. Too much tension can / could put too much on sprocket and bearings
    2015 Spyder RT Ltd- bUrp - only add the "U", 2010 Honda NT700V-red,2010 Honda NT700V-silver retired @201,111 miles, 1997 Honda PC800, 1996 Honda PC800, Honda CT500, Honda Shadow 500, 1978 Suzuki GS550, 1973 Suzuki TC125, other assorted smaller bikes, Suzuki TM400

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    this issue has been around for over 5 yrs... Correct - it's been around since day 1.
    See post 8. https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...51#post1542951
    The best substitute for brains & knowledge is....................silence.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Ok question for all those that have had to replace front sprocket And be honest do you use the transmission as a BRAKE Meaning do you shift down when coming to a stop or do you let the bike do it on its own

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy View Post
    Ok question for all those that have had to replace front sprocket And be honest do you use the transmission as a BRAKE Meaning do you shift down when coming to a stop or do you let the bike do it on its own
    My experience is with my 14RT ..... I let the spyder do the downshifting, I don't use it to help braking .... unless I/m in the twistie's and NEED to be in a lower gear for Acceleration out of the curve ..... annnnnnnd @56,000 mi. haven't seen any RED DUST ..... Yet !!!!! ..... hope this info is helpful to someone ...... Mike

Spyder Garage

Just a related story:
    Battle Born Spyders went out for a day ryde to Grayeagle, Ca. Beautiful day untill-------- the F-3 on the trip acted like the clutch ( according to its owner) started slipping badly and wouldn't move. Even smoked a bit.
    I'm sure it's the front belt sprocket ( They MUST be made of cheese ) Had to be transported back to Reno via flat bed truck.

BRP--- You must step up and recall the F-3's and set this right.

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Point is if you use the trans as a brake your putting pressure on the sprocket that the bike shifting down doesnt

Spyder Garage

If you don't use down shifting for deceleration, you're not riding aggressively. I don't think I've ever done a ride when I haven't manually down shifted at some point...

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i beg your pardon i ride the s it out of my f3 with stage 2 and m2 shocks but when it come to a stop signal i let the bike do its thing 20000 miles no dust

Spyder Garage

I still stand by my statement. You must do a lot of heavy braking...

2022 RT Sea To Sky