Spyder Garage

Default Maintenance plans

Does anyone have information on what Maintenance plans are offered by Can Am when you buy a new Spyder? I looked online and can't seem to find any info. I would love to know the number of years they offer, how much, and what is covered.

Thank you

Spyder Garage

That's an individual dealer item. Be careful with that, they're usually way overpriced. The extended B.E.S.T. Warranty can be bought anytime your initial 24 month warranty is in play. You can also buy it (BEST) from any BRP dealer. The best price going is less than $671.00 for 36 months.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Copperman View Post
    That's an individual dealer item. Be careful with that, they're usually way overpriced...
    Bulls-eye! In addition to being overpriced, some may offer you X number of free oil changes during the specified period of the contract which might result in the maintenance plan purchaser having to get his vehicle serviced more frequently than the vehicle's maintenance schedule dictates thereby paying for more oil changes than the Spyder needs.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Maintenance plans are offered at some dealerships. They are not BRP approved and the pricing/servicing is up to the offering dealer.

In the event you move elsewhere, they are not transferable to a new owner or to a new dealer.

I would recommend doing a value for money test before signing up for any.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If you know which end of a screwdriver is the handle, you can do it yourself. There are lots of YouTube vids to help you.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Maintenance plans are offered at some dealerships. They are not BRP approved and the pricing/servicing is up to the offering dealer.

In the event you move elsewhere, they are not transferable to a new owner or to a new dealer.

I would recommend doing a value for money test before signing up for any.
    OK that is interesting. The dealer I saw in Jonesboro, AR said that the maintenance plan was a Can Am thing and good at all dealerships. I will have to get that in writing if I do it. He was telling me that oil changes are discounted by about 50% if you do the maintenance plans. So that interested me. I work full time and have no time for plastic disassembly.

Spyder Garage

How many miles are you going to ride your Spyder each year? How long is the maintenance plan? How many oil changes are in it? No matter how you slice 'em if they weren't a profit generating vehicle for dealerships they wouldn't sell 'em.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ollicat View Post
    OK that is interesting. The dealer I saw in Jonesboro, AR said that the maintenance plan was a Can Am thing and good at all dealerships. I will have to get that in writing if I do it. He was telling me that oil changes are discounted by about 50% if you do the maintenance plans. So that interested me. I work full time and have no time for plastic disassembly.
    Trust, but verify. Me thinkum dealer speak with forked tongue. I would get the maintenance plan information and call two or three dealers in the area to see what they say.

You may be confusing the BEST Warranty (a BRP) plan with a maintenance plan. The warranty is for repairs that may be needed, but does not cover oil changes and general maintenance. BEST Warranty is accepted by all dealers in the network.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-29-2020 at 01:11 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I support new purchasers buying service plans. I buy used. My Spyder had some sort of deluxe service plan on it - the dealer supposedly did everything from clutch fluid change, coolant flush, new brake pads, head and taillight fluid change, etc, etc. Something like a $1200 service when done a la carte. The original owner had this done because he could - they did it at a set time, despite the bike only having something like 1900 miles on it. A tad excessive. He wanted to get his money worth, I guess.

Yes, it was a dealer-only service agreement. It did not transfer over to me when I bought it, but his three year BRP extended warranty did. :-)
    Current Rides:
    2015 Spyder ST-S SM5
    2016 Honda Gold Wing ABS/Navi
    2022 Royal Enfield Classic 350
    2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan