Spyder Garage

Default Front Shock Coil Spring 2020 RT

Just bought a 2020 RT base model and noticed that the front shock coil springs don't seem to be adjustable. It appears that the 2019 RT is the same way.

Why the change from 2018 or did some come with and some without?

Spyder Garage

BRP stopped putting spring load adjustment on front shocks in 2013 with the new frame geometry. They said it was not needed. They've been wrong now for 9 years. You can get the upgraded Fox Podium shocks from BRP. But you're much better off getting them from other vendors. You can get the same shocks for less money that way. And, there are alternatives to accomplishing this without purchasing new shocks as well.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    ... there are alternatives to accomplishing this without purchasing new shocks as well.
    Are you referring to your preload adjusters? I was just looking that those. I may invest in those and your front sway bar too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WilcoJunoHotel View Post
    Are you referring to your preload adjusters? I was just looking that those. I may invest in those and your front sway bar too.
    Yes, I make a kit which coverts the OEM non-adjustable front shocks making them adjustable. From 2014 on, BRP has been making a pretty decent shock hydraulically. But they've shot themselves in the foot by omitting adjust-ability. My shock adjusters give you this without the expense of new shocks.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...