Spyder Garage

Default F3T - Remove saddlebags

I just purchased a new to me 2017 F3T. This is my first motorcycle of any kind. I know this might be a silly question....but

I see in the manual that I can take off the saddlebags that came with it, but it looks like the brake lights are incorporated into them. Are there additional lights under there as well so that I can keep saddlebags off when I'm just riding around locally and want to be "leaner"?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by waywardtrails View Post
    I just purchased a new to me 2017 F3T. This is my first motorcycle of any kind. I know this might be a silly question....but

I see in the manual that I can take off the saddlebags that came with it, but it looks like the brake lights are incorporated into them. Are there additional lights under there as well so that I can keep saddlebags off when I'm just riding around locally and want to be "leaner"?
    The bags come off for service-ability - but they are not designed to stay off. The F3T and F3L have the bags incorporated. Many have tried to take them off and make it look good without them - but haven't been successful. The Base F3 and the F3S were designed to have that muscle look with no bags - and the bags from the F3T and F3L don't fit on the other models - and don't come of cleanly.
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by waywardtrails View Post

I have a 2018 Spyder F3T
    I got it by trading in my RT 2015 model
    The F3T was an ex Demo model so I striped it down to give it a deep clean
    I removed the saddlebags which is quite an easy job
    The issue you have is the saddlebags are slid on frame runners 2 each side and these runners are not removable and stick out this could cause injury if they caught someone with the runners
    A photo will show you the issue you have once the saddlebags have been removed
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World