Spyder Garage

Default Finally did it - New 2020 RTL Marsala Red / Dark intro

Greetings ... been following the forum since last fall when we took a test ride on a friends 2016 RTL. Decided to wait for a 2020 and must say we're glad we did !!
    The bike is awesome. Transitioning from 50+ yrs on 2 wheels has been pretty much seamless (in part due to ya'll sharing your experience and advise). Planting a foot on running board opposite from every turn, loose grip on the bars, and learning to "trust" the machine to do what it was designed to do are probably the big three (at least for me).

Feeling more confident every time we take it out and definitely migrating from the "what the hell is this" to "OMG this thing's a riot" phase is progressing much faster than expected. Only cons so far are front brakes rubbing (starting to be rather annoying), all this plastic being a dust magnet (we live on a dirt road), and Can Am's absolutely piss poor clear coat paint job.

No mods yet ... ordered rear cover plate when we bought the bike but soon cancelled the order when learned it's not compatible with the OEM armrests which we'll probably spring for soon. We just bought a new motorhome (Winnebago View) and have a Primo 82"x12' aluminum trailer on order ... plan is to start out enjoying this new phase called "retirement" by touring around with all three.

Look forward to continuing to learn about and share experiences, tips, mods, etc. with the great members on this site and here's wishing for many fun miles ahead for us all !

Steve & Rhonda

20200812_165420.jpg

Spyder Garage

I just bought the exact same machine two weeks ago. Same learning curve. I am going to the Rally at Maggie Valley here in NC as I live literally thirty minutes from there and I am getting a laser alignment and a javaron's sway bar. Ill let you know how they feel. Congrats and ride safe. I did have them put on passenger armrests for the wife, she loves them.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Doc ... congrats on your new bike as well !! Definitely interested in your thoughts after your sway bar and alignment mods. I had assumed all along that I'd be ordering/installing the bajaron swaybar as a first mod but honestly haven't felt the need ... yet .... then again only have < 300 miles on her so far and haven't experienced a semi either passing or coming at me yet on a highway. Kenda tire swap out, sway bar and alignment were the three first expected mods and may still be as we get more mile on. Glad to hear the armrests were a good investment for you guys ... that was the first thing the wife wanted after the initial ride. Was hesitant at first in regard to how much they'd move out of the way for passenger mount/dismount but will probably pull the trigger soon anyway. Thanks again and enjoy the rally !!

Spyder Garage

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Exactly the color I want. Looking to buy in December. I know it might cost a bit, but I wonder if it would be worth it to remove the paneling and repaint with a better top coating that would resist scratching better.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations!

That's my favorite color of this style Spyder. The dealers have loads of all the other colors. Can Am needs to give a big rebate so they can sell those other colors.
    2021 RTL Marsala Dark Edition 4.13.2021
    Lamonster Riser
    Spyder Extras Docking station
    Zumo XT (my own Plug & Play cable)
    WrapMySpyder Carbon fiber partial kit.
    Baja Ron ultra performance sway bar and end links

2015 RTS SM6 Intense Red
    born on date 3/2015 (mine on 9/12/15)
    Sold on 4.13.2021 33k of fun.

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

On the Great looking 2020 Spyder RTL!!
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

You will love it! Of course, I'm very partial. I have the Marsala Chrome!!
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Great looking machine. I was wondering about taking all plastic parts off and having a paint shop put a couple more coats of clear coat on all the plastic. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Spyder Garage

Id like to thank BRP for listening to us!
    My first ride was after work to get a drink holder

Wow what a great machine!!!!!
    Wind isn't raddling my helmet anymore so I can see the road, due to being 4 eyed it was ruff at times, less wind = less wind noise in helmet and less wind = not pushing on driver around.

Didn't realize how much the wind was causing me stress!!!

Enjoy your new ride too
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

on your spyder purchase and to the spyder web. Dale

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

Looks good. That color is growing on me. I'll be shopping in the spring or summer next year.

Spyder Garage

Congratulations, I purchased the same model in August, already put 2300 miles on it. I just can't stay off of it.SPYDERLEFTSIDEVIEW.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2020 RTL SE6 , RED W/BLACK TRIM AND CHROME ACCENTS

Spyder Garage

Thanks all for the nice welcome. I too have given some thought to ripping off all the painted plastic and having a few more clear layers applied ... maybe a few sections at a time ... maybe someday. Doesn't help living in the desert, on a dirt road and to make it worse using rock hard well water to wash it off Have at least solved the hard water issue this week with plumbing a portable onboard water softener into the new RV that I can also use for washing the spyder. Haven't had these issues with our other bikes ... probably due to the large square footage of "staticy" plastic with the spyder. Having a thicker clear coat would help with the feeling I'm gonna scratch it just by looking at it. Oh well ... nuff of that.

Hope to get more seat time with it in the coming days/weeks. Still a bit warm here for mid day riding and with giving the proper focus to researching/purchasing a new RV at the same time .. well ... </excuses>.
    SMITT15 ... 2300 miles in a month ... you rock !!

Cup holder, phone holder and armrests are on the short list along with a Cardo Pack Talk Bold comm system and looking at LS2 Valient II helmets.

All in all we could not be happier with the decision to go with the Spyder and especially with the revised 2020 design. With a proven platform, stability, touring capability, styling, both of us being able to drive, a dedicated group of owners on a forum willing to help, etc. it checks off a lot of boxes ! The need for speed ride will remain in the stable (at least for awhile) with my Harley Streetrod.

Spyder Garage

Just bought from private party 2020 RTL in that marlasa red. Exactly what I was looking for. New to Can-Am Spyders and will give it until spring next year before mods. From research got the same mods on my list.

Spyder Garage

and

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD