Thread: I wonder if ---

Spyder Garage

Default I wonder if ---

I wonder if it is possible to (cover a sensor or something) to have the Night time screen - come on during the daylight. This screen is so much nicer to read, during the day as well as the night.
    Any thoughts? Any solutions ?

Spyder Garage

For what it's worth Many, this question seems to come up here every couple of years or so. When it does, a few people get all excited and try a bunch of different methods to try to get it work, none of which produce the desired result in a useful way for a variety of reasons (too much screen needs to be covered is one thing that comes to mind); and as they all start arriving at the same juncture, it once again drops off the discussion pages for another year or two....

So there's a bunch of previous discussion on this at a number of different times; all still there if you want to look for & can find any of it; the various reasons for 'failure' or at least, for the arrival at 'not a useful result' are all in there too; and one of the advantages of a Forum like this is that you can pretty much always go back and look for things like that! But if you want to save the effort & time, the 'brief summary/nett result' every time I've seen this question raised since about 2012 has always been 'it can't be readily done in a usable way!'

Still, I'll leave that 'search or not' choice up to you.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    For what it's worth Many, this question seems to come up here every couple of years or so. When it does, a few people get all excited and try a bunch of different methods to try to get it work, none of which produce the desired result in a useful way for a variety of reasons (too much screen needs to be covered is one thing that comes to mind); and as they all start arriving at the same juncture, it once again drops off the discussion pages for another year or two....

So there's a bunch of previous discussion on this at a number of different times; all still there if you want to look for & can find any of it; the various reasons for 'failure' or at least, for the arrival at 'not a useful result' are all in there too; and one of the advantages of a Forum like this is that you can pretty much always go back and look for things like that! But if you want to save the effort & time, the 'brief summary/nett result' every time I've seen this question raised since about 2012 has always been 'it can't be readily done in a usable way!'

Still, I'll leave that 'search or not' choice up to you.
    and let me add I did get mine to show the " night mode screen " in daylight ...... however it wasn't readable, I was surprised, but that's what happened ..... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

Thanks guys.. Seemed like a simple idea ? Oh well. ( Oh-- I do know one idea.. Ride at night