Spyder Garage

Default Bluetooth listening and USB outlet

2017 F3-Limited and Cardo Bluethooth unit in my helmet

• I like to listen to my iPhone via Bluethooth when riding my Spyder (using Cardo)
    • When I connect it to the USB port it automatically switches to the Spyder speakers
    • I do this for long trips to keep my phone charged
    • This prevents me from hearing music/iphone via Bluethooth
    • This makes me sad

I was not able to figure out how to force the sound to come over Bluetooth and not the USB.

Anybody have any magic for this? Thanks in advance.
    Jim

Spyder Garage

I resolved this situation on my 2020 RTL by using a "power only" (a.k.a. "Data Blocking") USB cable or adapter to connect phone to Spyder USB port.
    Only connects the two power wires in the cable. no connection for data.
    Charges the phone but does not connect phone to Spyder system.

Rather than purchase a "power only adapter" I took a standard USB connecting cable and trimmed off a short section of the outer insulation. Then cut the two "data transfer wires", which left only the two power wires connected. Power wires are the "RED" and "BLACK" wires. Repaired the cable insulation with electrical tape.

Phone gets power for charging, but Spyder sound system is not connected.

Works for me......

Simpler resolution, if your F3 has a "power only" port, use it for charging phone while using Cardo Bluetooth.

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JimH View Post
    2017 F3-Limited and Cardo Bluethooth unit in my helmet

• I like to listen to my iPhone via Bluethooth when riding my Spyder (using Cardo)
    • When I connect it to the USB port it automatically switches to the Spyder speakers
    • I do this for long trips to keep my phone charged
    • This prevents me from hearing music/iphone via Bluethooth
    • This makes me sad

I was not able to figure out how to force the sound to come over Bluetooth and not the USB.

Anybody have any magic for this? Thanks in advance.
    Jim
    I don't believe your radio is Blue Tooth, BRP made the switch about 2017 to have all the radios be blue tooth.
    does your radio have AM & FM ? if it is only FM it is Blue Tooth ready if it is AM & FM then you will need to convert it
    to Blue Tooth with this
    SM10 & Cable .jpg I have them in Stock this SENA SM10 and cable (do it yourself) is about 1/2 the BRP price
    at $199 give me a call 209-887-3283
    Motorcycle Dave's LOGO.jpg

Spyder Garage

xiboca,
    Thanks, I will be cable cutting this afternoon.

Will
    2020 Limited , Petrol Metallic

Very Active Member bigbadbrucie's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by will View Post
    xiboca,
    Thanks, I will be cable cutting this afternoon.

Will
    Rather than that, why not just turn the volume all the way of on your radio. It sounds like you’ve paired your phone to your speakers, so thaat will still be unchanged. Much easier to do, and your phone will still charge.

Tri-Axis Chrome Handlebars
    Sena SM10 BT Dongle
    Double USB Port/Volt meter
    LaMonster Magic Mirrors
    BajaRon Swaybar
    HALO Skid Plate
    Spyder Pops Rear Running Lights Turn Signals/Brake Light
    Spyder Pops Mirror Running Lights/Turn Signals
    Shorty Antenna
    LaMonster Cat Delete
    Akrapovic Muffler
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Rear Trunk Rack
    Bruce Erickson

Chilliwack, BC
    Canada
    You know when a politician is Lying. It's when his lips are moving!

2014 RTS-SE6 - Cognac

intro to m/c 1949 Royal Enfield 500cc thumper

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up Thank you!

Thank you for this solution. I don't like BRP Connect and wanted to continue to use Jet Audio for my music and Google Maps for navigation (just open them in split screen mode on my phone). I kept getting the annoying "mySPIN Integration" pop up on my phone because it was looking to connect rather than just allow me to charge only. That continued even after I set up the USB for charging only. I just clipped the data wires and looking forwrard to trying it out later today!

Quote Originally Posted by xiboca View Post
    I resolved this situation on my 2020 RTL by using a "power only" (a.k.a. "Data Blocking") USB cable or adapter to connect phone to Spyder USB port.
    Only connects the two power wires in the cable. no connection for data.
    Charges the phone but does not connect phone to Spyder system.

Rather than purchase a "power only adapter" I took a standard USB connecting cable and trimmed off a short section of the outer insulation. Then cut the two "data transfer wires", which left only the two power wires connected. Power wires are the "RED" and "BLACK" wires. Repaired the cable insulation with electrical tape.

Phone gets power for charging, but Spyder sound system is not connected.

Works for me......

Simpler resolution, if your F3 has a "power only" port, use it for charging phone while using Cardo Bluetooth.

Spyder Garage

On my Pixel 3A(android) there is a setting to tell the sound to go out the BT connection.
    2018 RT Ltd - Asphalt Metallic - East Valley of Phoenix
    2018 RT Ltd Chrome - Champagne Metallic - Lake Stevens, Wa

(Champagne/Hooker) Magic Mirrors, 360 LED head lights, BajaRon sway bar, H&R springs and shock adjusters, dash cam, foam grips, third brake light 4 LED strobe for 7 seconds and then on steady, rear LED turn signals/8 ohm 50W resistors, sequential turn signals on front fenders, Vredestein and PPA Orb wheels on front and General out back, and driver backrest.

Things that move between machines: Ikea sheep skins, Zumo XT GPS, and extra tools. Hooker is going to be my summer trike up North; and Hookie my winter trike down South.

(Asphalt/Hookie) Elka shocks on front - BajaRon sway bar, OEM driver's backrest, LED headlights, dual USB with voltmeter, dash cam, foam grips - Magic Mirrors - front tires Vredestein Quatrac SL on PPA ORB Chrome wheels.