Thread: Kenda K9's

Spyder Garage

Default Kenda K9's

Has anyone had experience with Kenda K9's compared to the original stock Kendas? I am just about due for a new rear tire on my 2018 RTL, and am considering the K9 as a replacement.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder Insyder View Post
    Has anyone had experience with Kenda K9's compared to the original stock Kendas? I am just about due for a new rear tire on my 2018 RTL, and am considering the K9 as a replacement.
    There are a few ( 25 +/- ) that have tried the new " Kanine's " .... and most have liked them compared to the orig. ones .... However I doubt anyone has 5000 mi. yet .... From what I've read about their construction, it's almost the same as the orig. ones..... I don't see them coming close to the performance of even a low rated Auto tire .... jmho .... good luck .... Mike

Spyder Garage

I'm just shy of 5k miles on mine. Zero complaints about them. Just spent @ 600 miles or riding in the Black Hills. They performed allot better than the OEM tires did in the really hard twisties. They are wearing extremely well. I am running 17 psi in the front and 29.5 psi in the rear.
    BKMNI
    RWP!
    2018 F3 Limited
    Intense Red Pearl

2015 Harley Davidson
    FLRT "Freewheeler"
    Vivid Black

2018 F3 Limited Dark , Stock Intense Red Pearl

Spyder Garage

Im another one that had a Kanine tire put on a month ago to replace the OEM kenda that wore out. So far its working well, no complaints from me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by KenInMN View Post
    I'm just shy of 5k miles on mine. Zero complaints about them. Just spent @ 600 miles or riding in the Black Hills. They performed allot better than the OEM tires did in the really hard twisties. They are wearing extremely well. I am running 17 psi in the front and 29.5 psi in the rear.
    Would like to know....Particularly for the back tire.......can you give some info on tread depth new and after 5K?
    Thanks
    Ray & Marci
    Tenino, WA
    2014RTL Cognac
    ALWAYS ride 2 up.

Spyder Garage

i put the new one on the rear,after many attempts at diff air pressure not good for me.Up in the turns in NC the tire rolls ,all my buds that have the kumo car tire no promblems,so after 900 mile i am getting rid of the new kannie rear,

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3ntune View Post
    i put the new one on the rear,after many attempts at diff air pressure not good for me.Up in the turns in NC the tire rolls ,all my buds that have the kumo car tire no promblems,so after 900 mile i am getting rid of the new kannie rear,
    If you get a Kumho or ANY auto tire for the rear use a psi of 17 to 19, you will be pleasantly surprised how much better the rear will feel. ..... this a psi both Peter and I have been recommending for years. .... auto tires are much better constructed and need less air pressure to work at their best on any Spyder ..... good luck .... Mike