Spyder Garage

Default Broken rear fender support for right front tire.

100 miles from home i noticed a rattling noise from the right side. After a few minutes i was able to pin point the noise from the right front tire. I noticed the back of the fender moving around alot more than normal. A couple of minutes later i saw the problem. The rear fender support was broken. It broke where the tube support is bolted to the hub assembly. After a few miles we stopped at local convenience store. Upon inspection i noticed that the frame tube was hollow. Went into the store to find something i could stick into the tube to act as a sleeve. After looking around i found a pair of tweezers. Purchased them and was able to use them as a sleeve in both sections of the break. Taped the break after putting tweezers in the support tube. It worked great. It kept the tube in place. Made it home with no more problems. I will get the frame repaired this week. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    2021, LTD, Asphalt Gray, 22,000 miles
    Gone but not forgotten
    RTS 2011 SM5, 95,000 miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by safecracker View Post
    100 miles from home i noticed a rattling noise from the right side. After a few minutes i was able to pin point the noise from the right front tire. I noticed the back of the fender moving around alot more than normal. A couple of minutes later i saw the problem. The rear fender support was broken. It broke where the tube support is bolted to the hub assembly. After a few miles we stopped at local convenience store. Upon inspection i noticed that the frame tube was hollow. Went into the store to find something i could stick into the tube to act as a sleeve. After looking around i found a pair of tweezers. Purchased them and was able to use them as a sleeve in both sections of the break. Taped the break after putting tweezers in the support tube. It worked great. It kept the tube in place. Made it home with no more problems. I will get the frame repaired this week. Bruce
    Glad it worked out - very clever - similar thing happened to me in 2008/9 with back of front fender bouncing around - I was lucky bolt had just worked itself loose - tightened up - good to go.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the comment. I found out i should carry a couple more items in the tool kit.
    New to Sue and I
    Gone but not forgotten

Spyder Garage

I also want to thank Dennis for helping me out.
    New to Sue and I
    Gone but not forgotten

Spyder Garage

Picked up repaired fender bracket last night. Painted weld, looks good and reinstalled fender for right front tire. New bracket around $60.00, repaired bracket $30.00. 1 day turn around. Bruce
    New to Sue and I
    Gone but not forgotten