Spyder Garage

Default How difficult is changing the reverse lever postion on your Ryker?

To those who may have done this, how difficult is it to change the position of the reverse lever on the Ryker? I heard you can take it off and reposition it to make it easier to shift with your foot. My wore out ankles protest every time I use it. Does it call for special tools or anything......
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

I had a very difficult time removing the lever. Very stubborn and frankly, not worth the effort. On an average ride, I back out of the garage and maybe have reason to reverse once or twice in a several hours ride. I wish I had just left it alone. Everyone wants to change things on the Ryker instead of adapting to it. Me included, but NO MORE!
    Paul

Spyder Garage

For me it was easier to take off than it was to put back on. I moved it to the reverse position like someone recommended, and then I decided that was just a little too far, so I took it off again and moved it half way between. I did not want to take that chance that I might accidently kick it with my foot into reverse while traveling down the road and 70 mph. I had to gently tap it back on with a small hammer and socket extension. You do need to put the lever in the reverse position to access the bolt, and you need to completely remove the bolt to take the lever off.

Currently Own: 2019 Ryker Rally
    Previously Owned: 2019 F3 Spyder

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the feed back guys..............
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

It couldn't be easier. Remove the bolt, tap a flat screwdriver into the slot, just til it wiggles, slide it off and reposition it 20 to 30 degrees rearward. Piece of cake.