Thread: Wolo horn

Spyder Garage

Default Wolo horn

I love a challenge. Someone said I would not be able to put the Bad Boy Wolo Horn in my 900ACE.

Challenge accepted. Challenge defeated.

Horn Project.jpg

Now I did not use Spyderpops kit (sorry, I am have no patience to wait on the mail and I wanted it LOUD).

I will tell you that it did not take long, It took longer to find the tools to crimp the wires.

Make sure you buy an inline fuse, they do not come in the kit

Use the relay, or you will blow the fuse, and for all the ones that will say use bigger fuse, DON'T!!! If you wire in the relay, The two wires are only used to send a signal to open the circuit to send 12v to the horn (hence no need to change the fuse).

Instructions.jpg

AND..... it clears everything. There is space between the horn and the battery. All the wires are along the factory metal bracket (that I took off the factory horn just for the relay).
    2020 Ace , BLACK

Spyder Garage

Can you post a wider shot - I think I see where this is - but would like to see the whole under the hood area. It's not hitting your turn linkage mounted down right there?
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jdr00ejr View Post
    Can you post a wider shot - I think I see where this is - but would like to see the whole under the hood area. It's not hitting your turn linkage mounted down right there?
    I will take a picture in the morning. I have to 'adult' this afternoon. But I will tell you something.....

NO, it does not hit the linkage. it is appoximately 1" above the battery.
    NO, it does not rest on the battery. In fact, because of the angle of the battery, it directs the sound out of the hood
    NO, it did not blow the fuse. during my testing, holding the horn button at different intervals, it was fine!
    2020 Ace , BLACK

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaRyker View Post
    I will take a picture in the morning. I have to 'adult' this afternoon. But I will tell you something.....

NO, it does not hit the linkage. it is appoximately 1" above the battery.
    NO, it does not rest on the battery. In fact, because of the angle of the battery, it directs the sound out of the hood
    NO, it did not blow the fuse. during my testing, holding the horn button at different intervals, it was fine!
    Thanks - I do a lot of modifications to both Spyders and Rykers for folks. I'm a huge fan of a very similar horn called the Tornado. Exact same footprint as the Wolo (I've used it before as well). I know all about Relays/wiring/etc - but haven't tried mounting one on a Ryker yet and know the space is super tight. I've had a few folks have me install a shell shaped upgraded horn - but never one as big as the Wolo/Tornado. The picture will be great to see. I truly believe every motorcycle/Spyder/Ryker should come with a horn like this.

Thanks again!
    -----
    Joshua
    2012 Victory Vision
    2016 Spyder F3S
    2019 Spyder RT Limited
    2016 F3S , Triple Black

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    Yep. That is the one that jdr00edr likes.
    2020 Ace , BLACK