Spyder Garage

Default F3S trailer hitch and stuff

Im thinking about putting a trailer hitch on my F3S. Any recommendations? Is that possible? I know it doesnt have the trailer mode like the f3t or the other ones do, would that be a problem?

Also what camper trailer do yall recommend? Im currently looking at the Mini mate, but am open to suggestions.

Thanks.
    2019 F3s , Titanium

Spyder Garage

"Trailer Mode" was only on the Spyders that had the V twin 998 motor with the SE5 transmission. It was never on any of the 1330 motors. BRP does not make a hitch for the F3S, only the RT and F3L/T. You'll have to go aftermarket. Check with spyderaccessories.com. They might make on for your F3S.
    2020 Chalk, RT Limited, Dark and matching RT622 trailer and BRP hitch. BRP Drivers Backrest, Auxiliary Light, Garmin Zumo XT, GPS Support, RT Rear Panel and Travel Cover. Spyderpops LEDs on fenders, mirrors, saddlebags, top case and RT rear panel. Spyderpops Rock Guard. BajaRon Swaybar, Wolo Bad Boy horn, Freedom Windshield, Elka Shocks.
    2020 RT Limited , Chalk

Spyder Garage

I could've sworn I seents a trailer mode on some of them. Anyway, not important. That hitch that spyder accessories offers does look easy to install. Even I shouldn't be able to mess that up. I'll look in to it further when I get closer to buying a camper. Now I'm looking into the time out campers. They look nice.
    2019 F3s , Titanium

Spyder Garage

Take a look at LeisureLite campers.
    I had a Minimate and loved it.
    LeisureLite is a great upgrade to the Minimate
    David C
    2016 F3T
    DIY Garage Door Opener & GPS Mount
    Battery tender cable
    Rear IPS Pack Rack

Spyder Garage

Default Is it safe Towing with an F3-S??

I see that there are aftermarket hitches for the F3 S. How does this work out with the Nanny systems for VSS and so forth. I would hate to spend $5000+ on a hitch and new trailer to find myself in limp mode. Anyone with experience care to weigh in on this.

Spyder Garage

20200717_181101 (2).jpg I have about 5000 mile pulling a trailer with a 2018 F3s with no problems. mully
    2018 F3s, 2016 versys 650LT, 2001 concours 1000

Spyder Garage

Ok, so next question. I think I've pretty much decided on the time out camper. Leaning towards the deluxe. Trailer brakes or no? Seems like something that would be good to have, but from what research I've done most of them point to no. Any opinions on the electric brakes? I feel I might be a little better off because of having three wheels, but at the same time all that extra weight pushing me isn't bound to be fun.
    2019 F3s , Titanium

Spyder Garage

Actually TOWING a trailer & getting/keeping it moving is generally the pretty easy part of the equation.... it's the stopping &/or controlling it all while slowing/descending hills/braking that's the tough part!!

If you have the opportunity to get trailer brakes, I'd be doing it! And for my 2 bob's worth, go for electric trailer brakes too! Well worth it!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I see your handle, Millermatic252, your trailer hitch, I think would be no problem. The brake thing, I would diffidently go with the electric brakes, the hydro cups are nice but for this app, I'd go electric, you can adjust them right in from your controller! Good luck happy trails!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

So brakes it is. Thanks for the help everyone! I'll probably be looking into buying soon. Maybe this week. Maybe sooner.
    2019 F3s , Titanium