Spyder Garage

Default Exhaust - how much louder will it be with OE muffler & Cat Delete?

I have a 2020 RT and would like to remove the cat and replace with
    a cat delete pipe . My question is how much louder would the exhaust
    be with factory mufflers in place? Opinions appreciated!!

Dray

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dray View Post
    I have a 2020 RT and would like to remove the cat and replace with
    a cat delete pipe . My question is how much louder would the exhaust
    be with factory mufflers in place? Opinions appreciated!!

Dray
    On 14 RT I did the CAT delete with added Baffle..... only a small difference in sound ( better ) I love my tunes and the change wasn't bad ..... Mike

Spyder Garage

'20 RTL with Lamonster delete pipe, baffle inserted. I think it's only a tad "throatier," but it's still almost OEM quiet. I barely notice any difference.

Spyder Garage

20 RTL with RLS delete,hardly any louder.I do get better mpg.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just did the cat delete on my 2016 F3T. I did not put in the baffle, and it is slightly louder at idle, but quite a bit when going down the road. I have been considering adding the baffle, but the added power above 3k rpms is so nice that I don't want to mess it up. I have heard that if you add the baffle, and then decide to take it out, it will be very tough. I do miss a little off the line tq., but it is hardly noticable. I plan on doing a flash one day, so that is another reason for leaving the baffle out for now.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

I have a Baldwin Ironworks cat delete pipe, which is basically identical to the Lamonster pipe. I also have my stock muffler. Baldwin recommends running the baffle in. I tried it all ways with baffle/plug/baffle/no baffle. I "prefer" the baffle only. I did recently order a spare baffle, which I intend to cut in half. Maybe find a happy medium? I also have a Power Vision 3 with a custom tune. We shall see....

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I have a Baldwin Ironworks cat delete pipe, which is basically identical to the Lamonster pipe. I also have my stock muffler. Baldwin recommends running the baffle in. I tried it all ways with baffle/plug/baffle/no baffle. I "prefer" the baffle only. I did recently order a spare baffle, which I intend to cut in half. Maybe find a happy medium? I also have a Power Vision 3 with a custom tune. We shall see....
    Baldwin identical, except, Lamonster is a C-Note more expensive and doesn't send a spring wrench. I almost went with the Baldwin instead. I am usually of the court that you get what you pay for... but dunno in this case.

On the surface, I saw that the BI baffle has a bolt, Lamont's did not. I didn't want to risk a bolt rattling around inside the exhaust if it loosened. So.... I dunno... I doubt the Franklin was worth it, and would like to know if it was..?

Spyder Garage

I have the RLS Exhaust delete with the resonator, but I did not insert the secondary baffle. The sound is smooth (not raspy like most) and throatier, but NOT louder. Even non riders compliment the sound.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie View Post
    Baldwin identical, except, Lamonster is a C-Note more expensive and doesn't send a spring wrench. I almost went with the Baldwin instead. I am usually of the court that you get what you pay for... but dunno in this case.

On the surface, I saw that the BI baffle has a bolt, Lamont's did not. I didn't want to risk a bolt rattling around inside the exhaust if it loosened. So.... I dunno... I doubt the Franklin was worth it, and would like to know if it was..?
    I actually stopped by Baldwin's house/shop on a ride to the Ozarks this time last year. He assembled the pipe on site, installed it and mailed my big ass cat back to WI for $200 cash. The quality is excellent, with very nice welds. He offered to polish it, but I said no worries, as my buddy/I were heading to Branson/Eureka Springs that day. I'm very happy with the cat delete pipe.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue