Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ButterSmooth View Post
    Wow! That display does NOT exist on my RT -- just a soft grey circle.
    Can be selected in the display options

MWO (Ret'd) SJ Barnes
    ‘20 RTL Stone Grey
    named Britannia in honour of EE Doc Smith’s
    Grey Lensman’s ship.
    Farkles:
    Bestem Carplay
    canamsypderaccessories hitch and wiring harness,
    showchrome trunk rack,
    12v AND dual USB direct to battery in the frunk,
    dual USB switched in the blank console switch spot (parasites the power off the seat heater switch),
    frunk lid organizer,
    trunk organizer,
    showchrome rider backrest,
    ryder and passenger cup holders,
    ram mount for the iPad mini I use for GPS
    quadlock phone mount
    Nautilus horn
    Data blocker on the glove box USB
    Big Bike Parts highway pegs
    Spyderzone dash pouch
    Convex mirrors

‘20 Ryker 900 (my wife’s ryde)
    Farkles
    Slingmods fwd/rev ‘suicide shifter’
    frunk organizer
    dual horn
    Max mount
    Rear seat with tall back rest (not mounted)
    Ryder backrest (not mounted)
    Side bag
    Top bag

top bag makes a good backrest. Will swap on the rear seat if she ever wants to 2up
    2020 RT Limited , Stone Gray

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stache View Post
    Can be selected in the display options
    I don't think that Distance to Empty is optional. But the firmware is different on the 2020 then my 2018. It may be that all the trip meters have not been reset and it can't calculate the correct value so does not display one at all. Go into the statistics menu and reset all the meters. Trip A, Trip B and Total. This should give it a new starting point and start to work. Don't worry resetting the total does delete your total mileage. Just the data around it.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I thought the same thing when people were talking about this, I didnt have it.
    Last night i went into the display settings and found it. I wish I remembered how to get to it to turn it on, but I am old and I forgot already. I just remember it was in the display settings.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    I thought the same thing when people were talking about this, I didnt have it.
    Last night i went into the display settings and found it. I wish I remembered how to get to it to turn it on, but I am old and I forgot already. I just remember it was in the display settings.
    I just went out and turned mine on. Options->Customization->range. It's not the 'Display' option, that only allows a change in brightness.

So, my last ride of 191 miles (since filled) moved the fuel gauge to 1/8, and the range display says 49 miles, which should be 1.32 gallons remaining. I'll fill it today and see what it takes, but the numbers seem reasonable so far.
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Spyder Garage

You will have to go into the menu's and turn that feature on for it to appear.
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Spyder Garage

it was under customize display which I thought was under display, sorry, might have been under settings. I unfortunately do not have mine here at work so I can go look at it and see.

Spyder Garage

IMG_0133.jpg Here is where you turn on the remaining mileage

Current 2021 RTL Chrome Chalk / Previous Spyder - 2010 RTS-Premier Edition #115 Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    I don't think that Distance to Empty is optional. But the firmware is different on the 2020 then my 2018. It may be that all the trip meters have not been reset and it can't calculate the correct value so does not display one at all. Go into the statistics menu and reset all the meters. Trip A, Trip B and Total. This should give it a new starting point and start to work. Don't worry resetting the total does delete your total mileage. Just the data around it.
    Thank you for the tip
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmur View Post
    thank u for showing path
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

Just checked my 2018 F3L. It does not have the Customize option. I wondered what the differences where on the 2020 firmware. Here's one.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmur View Post
    Thank you very much!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    3000 miles and up before the fuel mileage starts to get where it should. 5000 is even better.
    X2! Bikerbillone, yours has just begun thinking about getting broken in.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Based on one data point (statistically insignificant), my gauge and applicable warnings (low fuel and miles-to-go) seem to be as accurate, if not more accurate, as my other computerized vehicles. When my low fuel light came on, the miles-to-go was 40. It took 5.5 gallons to fill the tank, so I should have 40-50 miles further range. I certainly don't expect better accuracy than that. More data points to be collected, however. The best part of all of this is that I now have miles-to-empty on my dash! Thanks for that!
    Head in the game, eyes down the road... 2020RT
    Spyder Tryke Pylot
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Progress - did a proper fill-up. Miles to empty 220. Huge difference from 154.

I was able to zero trip A,B but not total - still need to play around with it some more.

My miles and miles to empty calculations still seem wrong - will try zeroing Total and see if that helps

Any tips - what direction:center, up-down, left-right and if quick press or hold longer.

After selecting A or B I was able to zero out by pressing center and holding, while holding I moved down - zero out. However, when I tried same approach to Total it jumped back to previous screen.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

I don't think you can zero the total mileage. There are laws about that.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

When you zero trip A or B the mileage accumulated on the gauge is zeroed. The big number remaining in the circle is how many approx. miles left. When you add gas, the additional miles are calculated based on your mpg reading. When done adding more gas, you should end up with 250 or so miles in the circle. Mine consistantly show 270 miles to go. The total includes what was still there plus what you added.

The miles used at the beginning should now show zero.

Total miles is how many you have put on the Spyder...that gauge does not zero out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You will not be able to reset "Total". That is the distance your machine has covered since it was sold. Just like the cars, trucks and motorcycles you have had before, that is "the odometer". "A" and "B" are merely two trip meters.

On my van, I don't have to reset any trip meters to reset the MPG numbers. After filling the tank (to whatever level desired), I just reset the MPG display, it will start at ZERO, then do its calculations based on distance traveled and how much fuel went through the injectors. The "Distance to Empty" (on my van) does not seem to change until I fill the tank to at least half its capacity, and it seems to be based on what the recent MPG has been and the estimated fuel level in the tank.

I have no idea how much (if any) of this might apply to a Spyder, as ours does not have this feature, but it might shed some light in a different corner and someone might figure it out.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When you zero trip A or B the mileage accumulated on the gauge is zeroed. The big number remaining in the circle is how many approx. miles left. When you add gas, the additional miles are calculated based on your mpg reading. When done adding more gas, you should end up with 250 or so miles in the circle. Mine consistantly show 270 miles to go. The total includes what was still there plus what you added.

Total miles is how many you have put on the Spyder...that gauge does not zero out.

OOPS - I was thinking that total was trip A + trip B instead of Bike's total miles - thank u I would have still been playing with display
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think some of my 80+mph riding has tanked my gas mileage - so probably why I could only get 220.

I try to mix it up with highway and backroads - need to work on more backroads when I have time
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post
    I think some of my 80+mph riding has tanked my gas mileage - so probably why I could only get 220.

I try to mix it up with highway and backroads - need to work on more backroads when I have time
    While mine is approaching geriatric age as a 1330 I've found that time above three grand rpm, nothing measured, just watching the tach over time, is a determining factor in the mileage on that particular tank of gas.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BeRight View Post

80 mph will contribute to lower mileage for sure. Optimum mileage is usually achieved in the 3300 - 3500 range. When you get over 65 mph, the mileage will go down.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    While mine is approaching geriatric age as a 1330 I've found that time above three grand rpm, nothing measured, just watching the tach over time, is a determining factor in the mileage on that particular tank of gas.
    Thank u for info. - very interesting - I am rarely below 3k RPMs - the bike seems more responsive to changes when in the 3200-3500 range, for things like necessary maneuvers and passing.

In fact I shift based on lower 3k's. Maybe I should tone it down a bit.

I know that 80s mph (4Ks rpm) bike takes huge gulps of gas.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

As I said in post 27. Doing a reset in the total screen does not reset the total miles. It does not reset the engine hours either. It does reset, top speed, average speed and, the important one for this thread, miles per gallon number.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billybovine View Post
    As I said in post 27. Doing a reset in the total screen does not reset the total miles. It does not reset the engine hours either. It does reset, top speed, average speed and, the important one for this thread, miles per gallon number.

Ok - so let me play this back to make sure I'm understanding: resetting trip A and B (zero) also automatically resets top speed/average speed and miles per gallon???
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

Reseting trip A. Resets top speed, average speed and fuel mileage for trip A only. Resetting trip B does the same for trip B only. Same for Total only. Those 3 sets of stats are not the same and calculated separately.

2018 F3 LIMITED