Spyder Garage

Default Utter disappointment

I just purchased a 2019 F3-Limited.
    So today I installed the Led's that I got from La Monster quality product.
    Upon removal of the panels the what the heck's going on. I think every panel unnoticeable to the eye when all together had some kind of nick scrape to bare plastic all paint rubbed off.
    Then it got real exciting when I tried to remove the second headlight on the left facing the bike. I had removed all the screws and the housing barely moved. The other side was no problem and came out relatively easy but this one wasn't coming out. I pulled again and it finally released but the adjust cable came off. Some genius in Canada had routed over cabling and zip tided it. Totally frustrated I put it back together and will do the cable another day. This is my third Spyder and the other two were nothing like this, very Sad. Oh It was also missing a rubber grommet for the access cover to get to the radiator. Getting ready for a trip hope it doesn't fall apart.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Unbelievable
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

From the date of purchase, I enter into a log everything, especially things that aren't right. Dates and times are there as well as visits to the dealer and work done. More than once, this has helped in winning disputes. Looks like you should start yours with supporting photos.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Have the Spyder F3s been made in Canada? Or have BRP move the production line to far east Asia?
    ‘21 Honda Rebel 1100 DTC Burgundy
    ‘13 Spyder RT-L Pearl White

Spyder Garage

How about Mexico?

The largest storage yard for Can AM new Spyder's is just east of El Paso TX. 1/2 square mile stacked 3 high. I know they are not made in El Paso. This is the Largest distribution center for Can Am I have ever seen.

Jack
    All my life I wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
    2019 Specialized E-Bike COMO 2.0
    2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
    2018 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH Motorhome
    2015 BMW R1200R LC
    2014 RTL SE6 Pearl White
    2012 RT-622 trailer viper red
    2014 Look 7x12 motorcycle trailer silver and black
    2011 Polaris Ranger green
    2013 GMC Yukon Denali XL silver oak
    2016 Can Am Maverick

Spyder Garage

ABQ, you haven't said whether or not you purchased your 2019 brand new from a dealer or "previously owned". Had the body panels been previously removed to your knowledge? More than a few of us have had ours apart, yes, all body panels, headlights, etc. and have not experienced what you describe. Fit and finish on mine was excellent. Easily disassembled and just as easily reassembled. No unexpected cable-ties, etc. Comments from members such as "Unbelievable" and "Or have BRP move the production line to far east Asia?" are uncalled for. Issues such as you describe; "every panel unnoticeable to the eye when all together had some kind of nick scrape to bare plastic all paint rubbed off" just doesn't sound like something that would get past BRP quality control inspectors.

I will say, however, that in all likelihood, and although my 2019 F3Ltd is my first Spyder, it will probably be my last. I purchased the BEST extended warranty shortly after initial purchase and will under no circumstances keep it past the total warranty period of five years, maybe less depending on milage. Just too costly to maintain after that for someone who must rely on their dealer for major services. I really like my Spyder and have had excellent service from it - and I don't expect that to change. 10K miles now and absolutely no issues.

But - having an engineering background and having been on Gold Wings for many years, I can easily see that, in my eyes, BRP doesn't match up to the engineering standards of Honda for instance. I've literally traveled all over the country on Gold Wings and never worried about break-downs. Total 100% faith in the machine, and although I've never had any issues, I don't have that same faith in my current ride, and for what my Spyder F3Ltd cost, I expected more from an engineering / design standpoint (although the 2020's have gone a long way in addressing some issues). I went into Spyder ownership totally blind, never even talked to any owners, absolutely an unsuspecting newbie So, the answer for me is simple, keep the Spyder as long as it has a warranty on it and then go back to a two-wheeler with shaft drive that I know I can trust.

But again, I don't believe that issues like you are describing are common, rare even. If in fact your Spyder was brand new and came out of the factory like you describe, then shame on BRP, it's just hard to believe.
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    How about Mexico?

The largest storage yard for Can AM new Spyder's is just east of El Paso TX. 1/2 square mile stacked 3 high. I know they are not made in El Paso. This is the Largest distribution center for Can Am I have ever seen.

Jack
    That's why mine wants to turn into a Mexican eatery all the time!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

How about Mexico?

Jack
    Like to see a picture of that!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

How about Mexico?

Jack
    From here: https://www.brp.com/en/about-brp/our...acilities.html

OUR MEXICAN FACILITIES

Our Mexican footprint has grown over the years. We now have two plants in Juárez where we manufacture our Can-Am off-road vehicles. In Querétaro, we assemble our Sea-Doo watercraft and the Rotax engines for our Can-Am off-road vehicles. .

2001: Juárez 1
    2013: Querétaro
    2016: Juárez 2

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Cool Keeping my Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Like to see a picture of that!
    Ya , Me too. Could all those thousands of crates be some other CanAm products????

ABQ,
    Sorry to hear of your woes with your There are many good Spyders out there. I consider mine one of them . BUT---- sometimes I think the BRP design engineers were/are smoking loco weed ( this modern weed is pretty potent) . This site is full of their silly attempts at good engineering. I won't even start to list them. But----- I didn't hesitate for a second to take my wife on a weeks long vacation to northern Cal. and the LOST Coast road ( almost a trail). I've done lots of farkels and been inside the tupperware many times. Some of the plastic tabs are really wimpy. I'll be keeping my Spyder till the wheels fall off( given the topic-- I could just say a long time).

Lew L
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Brand New !
    My 2015 F3-S was put together a heck of a lot better than this one!

Spyder Garage

I wonder if some greasy handed, $9.00 per hour employee, with an imagination did the dealer prep on your machine before you took delivery.....?
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Its does not matter what amount someone makes , its all about integrity and pride on what you do!

Spyder Garage

+1 Best way to get a raise is to have integrity at work and attention to detail with some pride in what you do. Also this helps :

" If you're early-you're on time, if your on time-- you're late, if you're late-- your fired"
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by trikermutha View Post
    Its does not matter what amount someone makes , its all about integrity and pride on what you do!
    Unfortunately, generally missing in the American workplace today ....
    2021 Limited , MArsala Red & Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ABQSpyder View Post
    Brand New !
    My 2015 F3-S was put together a heck of a lot better than this one!
    I gave my 2015 F3-S to my brother last week. It was perfect from day one and still is running like new and workmanship was quality number one. Amazing for a first year model.

Nothing like some 2020 RT's with zipped tied and misaligned Tupperware rear-ends. My 2020 RT fortunately was not zipped tied but the fit and finish is not up to snuff compared to 2015 F3-S IMHO.
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Patiently waiting for my 2020 tupperware fix, but I have BRP arm rests, and that seems to be a problm. I wonder how long these brilliant engineers will take to figure this out? Oh well guess I need to stop grumbling about that.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Patiently waiting for my 2020 tupperware fix, but I have BRP arm rests, and that seems to be a problem. I wonder how long these brilliant engineers will take to figure this out? Oh well guess I need to stop grumbling about that.

Spyder Garage

‘Work ethic’ and ‘Integrity’ have become every bit as uncommon as ‘Common Sense’. In my opinion the overriding ‘profit motive’ will do that to an economy.

The thought used to be ‘If you build a better mousetrap....’, but today it’s ‘If you build a cheaper mousetrap....’. Quality has been sacrificed on the altar of ‘cost accounting’.

MWO (Ret'd) SJ Barnes
    ‘20 RTL Stone Grey
    named Britannia in honour of EE Doc Smith’s
    Grey Lensman’s ship.
    Farkles:
    Bestem Carplay
    canamsypderaccessories hitch and wiring harness,
    showchrome trunk rack,
    12v AND dual USB direct to battery in the frunk,
    dual USB switched in the blank console switch spot (parasites the power off the seat heater switch),
    frunk lid organizer,
    trunk organizer,
    showchrome rider backrest,
    ryder and passenger cup holders,
    ram mount for the iPad mini I use for GPS
    quadlock phone mount
    Nautilus horn
    Data blocker on the glove box USB
    Big Bike Parts highway pegs
    Spyderzone dash pouch
    Convex mirrors

‘20 Ryker 900 (my wife’s ryde)
    Farkles
    Slingmods fwd/rev ‘suicide shifter’
    frunk organizer
    dual horn
    Max mount
    Rear seat with tall back rest (not mounted)
    Ryder backrest (not mounted)
    Side bag
    Top bag

top bag makes a good backrest. Will swap on the rear seat if she ever wants to 2up
    2020 RT Limited , Stone Gray