Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    Very strange! I personally have never seen the information you are referencing. I must have missed it.
    They might have seen this one: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...n-on-cornering
    2021 Limited , MArsala Red & Chrome

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mike0123 View Post
    Yes, I did find this post yesterday and thought at the time, this might be the very post referenced by the OP on this thread. Very confusing because, as written, it has a good number of very misleading statements. I wonder if that person just misunderstood or misspoke. But, whatever the case, it was 180 degrees off on several points. The subject can be confusing enough without adding more baggage to the concepts involved.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Spyder_Cowgirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big F View Post
    Hey Monk, talk about getting the adrenaline flowing???? we just returned from Lamonsters Spyders in the Ozarks and logged many hundreds of miles in groups.. I don't believe there is a straight stretch of road longer than 100 yards anywhere in the Ozarks - just continuous turns left and right. the lead Spyder in our group was a seasoned rider from KC and he loved to get on the throttle!! He would enter most all curves that were marked 35 MPH at 50 plus????? My back saddle mate was petrified most of the time and we did lag behind some of the time because it is quite different on the curves with 2 adults aboard versus one...
    Had a great time though...
    BIG F
    Were you in group 1 during the Flat Creek ride ... with Claude in the lead? If so, yes, he really does like to push it through the curves ... I managed to stick with him through most of it on the way back from Flat Creek (Claude on his F3 and me on my RT -- with sway bar and Elka shocks). I was not paying attention to speed, but am sure some of the 45 mph recommendations were tossed at 65 mph. Needless to say ... it was fun! I did back off after our leg stretch stop ... good thing; not only did I wear myself out, wore the RT out too -- check engine P0340 error, limp home. But was able to ride it all the way back to Lamont's and Harvey (Spyderpops) went above and beyond to fix (late on Saturday and he was already slammed).

Sorry for the minor thread hijack ... one thing I will say that is germain to the topic. Since I am riding with tears in both shoulders (not bad enough for surgery), I find that PUSHING gently with the outside hand is easier / smoother than pulling with the inside (and it doesn't wear my shoulders out either). So, for a left hand curve:
    -- tuck your left knee against the tank
    -- press with the outside (in this case right) foot
    -- push, gently, against the right hand grip
    -- lean slightly forward and left

With practice, this all becomes second nature -- you may even surprise yourself with how stable you really are on the spyder.

All the best .... Ann
    __________________________________________________ _
    2016 RT Limited -- "Jubilee" (as in Cherries)
    Guardian Bell (gift from spyderowboy)
    ISCI Dual Flag Mount – Tall Poles
    Lamonster Bottle Holder and Spyder Cuff
    Spyderpops Missing Belt Guard
    Spyderpops Bumpskid
    Spyderpops Rear Run / Brake / Turn LEDs
    Spyderpops Mirror LEDs
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake

Spyderpops Keep Out The Trash (KOTT) Grills
    Don't Eat Mud / mudflap
    __________________________________________________ __

Spyder Garage

Turning left, push the right handlebar away with a relaxed grip while leaning left with head just above left mirror looking through the turn keeping back straight and head vertical, inside of left knee bracing against the tank and with weight on your right foot. Do the opposite for turning right.
    These videos show good body position.

https://youtu.be/9p_nAyXFTKM

https://youtu.be/nPI1Unf2aro

https://youtu.be/8KDE3C1nj5U