I have a 2016 RTS SE6 (previously owned a 2011 Spyder RTS SE5) now with 5700 miles on it and for the second time, it exhibited a problem with shifting. Once occurrence was this past weekend and the previous occurrence about a month ago. In both instances, I had travelled at least 100 miles before the problem occurred. In both instances, after about 5 minutes, it returned to a properly running trike.

I use my cruise control a good deal (prevents me from having a lead foot) and in this last occurrence much like the first I was doing 40 MPH with cruise on when all of a sudden, the cruise control seemed to turn off by itself and the bike downshifted to 3rd from 5th gear then down to 1st and when using the throttle to try to regain speed and also upshifting, the bike did not at first respond. There were no warning lights lit or limp mode indicated on either occurrence.

After about 2 minutes of trying to upshift and increase throttle, the bike all of a sudden started to run properly with cruise control on and I was able to return home without incident.

I have experienced limp mode once on my 2011 RTS but that was due to overheating while on I-95 on a high heat day in mid summer.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.