Spyder Garage

Cool Replacement parts?

Still on the headlight/fog light replacement thing. I tried this morning to replace the fog lights. I am waiting on Magic Mirrors to show up before I would try the headlights because I don't think I would be able to put the mirrors back on with the factory connections.

So this morning when I was trying to replace the fog light, I realized I am missing a few parts. I am missing one of the the triangular covers, held by a pushpin that is over the frunk when you lift the cover. Also missing was the rear cover for the fog light housing on the right side.

I had to stop the replacement because I was unable to disconnect the cable to the fog light. The video said to pinch the sides and it should come off easy......LIARS! Is it ok to use pliars or something to "pinch" the sides? I didn't want to do that without consulting my walking, talking reference sources.

Is there a place to get parts to replace those missing ones?
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Thank you sir!
    Fred is a 2010 RT SM5 - Sold.

I am not a mechanic. When I have a tool in my hand, 911 needs to be on Standby.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by iridenow View Post
    Thank you sir!
    You're so very welcome. And, if you are like me in any way you'll need a couple of 10 year olds to help you see the obvious just before you screw something up. LOL Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Ya I just did mine last week I had the bulbs for almost two years waiting for the time I had all the necessary skin off to do the job!! I have the magic mirrors, your going to love them, but if you put a little grease on the springs on the mirrors they will slip back on a little easyer! And that bulb connection your talking about, on the right hand side you may have enough slack in the wires to get that bulb and connector down bellow the wheel well so you can see a little bit of the bulb and connector, there's clips on both sides, I found that if I took a small little screw driver and slipped it under the clip on both sides closest to where the bulb and connector come together it would unlock it so you can pull it apart!! I like the one clip on the side that they use, it's a lot easyer to take apart you can some times do it one handed! The ones on the fog lights suck, you'll get it as soon as you can see what's going on, the first one will be a challenge, start on the right side!! Good luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl