Spyder Garage

Default Rear fairing for top trunk removal on 2019 F3-L

Can anyone confirm if the rear fairing for earlier model F3 limited bikes work on the 2019 model? Reason I ask is looking on cheapcycleparts I see the part listed for older models but on 2019 I can't seem to find it. Beleive the part number I'm looking for is 708001788. Can anyone with a 2019 model confirm the older parts fit and work?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

2019 and older is bolt on. 2020+ is LinQ.

Spyder Garage

Rear fairing for a 2019 F3T is 708302912... Can Am part website in F3T section 09-Body and Accessories Cargo. 100L on the exploded view.

2018 does have a different part number, but the 2018 is Steel Black and the 2019 is Deep Black....difference is likely, but not confirmed, just the color difference...
    2017 Can Am Commander Limited
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V Black Diamond
    2020 F3 Limited Magma Red (miss the 2011 Viper red)
    2010 RT622 - Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwulf74 View Post
    Rear fairing for a 2019 F3T is 708302912... Can Am part website in F3T section 09-Body and Accessories Cargo. 100L on the exploded view.

2018 does have a different part number, but the 2018 is Steel Black and the 2019 is Deep Black....difference is likely, but not confirmed, just the color difference...
    Just to make sure I'm clear before purchase, the f3T body part such as rear fairing will fit F3 limted

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The F3T is basically an F3Limited minus heated grips, floorboards and trunk so, yes.

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone for your responses

Spyder Garage

who has done this, i just took delivery of my 2020 F3 limited, and want to order cover, is there any clips or other parts needed.. thanks

Spyder Garage

I checked the CanAm parts page and don't see anything for the F3. They have covers and a rack for the RT but I doubt if it will fit our F3's with LinQ.
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

I am supposed to be picking up my new '21 F3 Ltg next week (hopefully)...and, it boggles me why BRP allows the top case to come off simpler than prior years...yet not offer a rear fairing / fender for the 20's. My dealer said he could order one, but only in black and could have it match the paint if I wanted. Looking at about $500 for a paint matched rear fender though...sigh. Why would I take off the top case and just have a bare spot looking like a missing lego piece...I don't want that...I bout this for long distance traveling, but apparantly didn't do my homework well. I would like to take off the top case for when I'm local. Personal choice.

I'd love to find out absolutely for sure about the rear fend and if the LINQ setup will surely work with the limited. Even though some brochures say the linq will...brp's store states only the RT.

I am and then not glad to be the only one confused and wanting the same thing...ugh.

Some say the LINQ will
    Life's short...Play it by ear and ryde!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bayoumanPIBE View Post
    I am supposed to be picking up my new '21 F3 Ltg next week (hopefully)...and, it boggles me why BRP allows the top case to come off simpler than prior years...yet not offer a rear fairing / fender for the 20's. My dealer said he could order one, but only in black and could have it match the paint if I wanted. Looking at about $500 for a paint matched rear fender though...sigh. Why would I take off the top case and just have a bare spot looking like a missing lego piece...I don't want that...I bout this for long distance traveling, but apparantly didn't do my homework well. I would like to take off the top case for when I'm local. Personal choice.

I'd love to find out absolutely for sure about the rear fend and if the LINQ setup will surely work with the limited. Even though some brochures say the linq will...brp's store states only the RT.

I am and then not glad to be the only one confused and wanting the same thing...ugh.

Some say the LINQ will
    i too am looking for an answer for the same thing,, i dont care if its black, i would just like the sportier look, as i dont take many long trips..
    2020 F3 limited, liquid titanium
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    19 in freedom tinted windshield
    matte black daytona frunk wrap
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

I need to expand on my original topic above. I ordered my F3 Ltd April 3 2021. I hope it is delivered tomorrow and double hope to pick it up next week after some custom work during the build process.

But, I only thought about the rear fairing / fender as of 2 days ago. My sales guy ordered me a fender (which is black). If work will allow a few free minutes during the day (I work a lot)...I will ask him if he'll share where he got it. I finalized the purchase agreement today and know the rear fender / fairing / panel cost me $250.

After I responded above, I took a few moments late last night to send BRP the following message via their site.

"Hi. Will you please verify if the LINQ system will work with the 2021 F3 Limited? I want to remove the top case when local, but I do not want a blank spot behind the seat as if missing a lego piece. Also, what about a rear fender or fairing to go where the top case goes when not in use? I have asked in many forums with only assumptions as answers. Someone did share a brochure where it says the Limited works with LINQ however your site store only shows it will work with RT. Please advise on my questions. I am picking up my 2021 F3 Limited hopefully next week."

And...I get the following response via email this afternoon.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP. In response to your request, we suggest you contact your local BRP dealership."

No much help...ugh.

It's almost scary funny how I find out things about items I bought later...such as...when removing the top case, you no longer have an antenna for radio signals unless you relocate it or do something else...I never imagined I would have to figure that out prior.

Spyder Garage

I need to expand on my original topic above. I ordered my F3 Ltd April 3 2021. I hope it is delivered tomorrow and double hope to pick it up next week after some custom work during the build process.

But, I only thought about the rear fairing / fender as of 2 days ago. My sales guy ordered me a fender (which is black). If work will allow a few free minutes during the day (I work a lot)...I will ask him if he'll share where he got it. I finalized the purchase agreement today and know the rear fender / fairing / panel cost me $250.

After I responded above, I took a few moments late last night to send BRP the following message via their site.

"Hi. Will you please verify if the LINQ system will work with the 2021 F3 Limited? I want to remove the top case when local, but I do not want a blank spot behind the seat as if missing a lego piece. Also, what about a rear fender or fairing to go where the top case goes when not in use? I have asked in many forums with only assumptions as answers. Someone did share a brochure where it says the Limited works with LINQ however your site store only shows it will work with RT. Please advise on my questions. I am picking up my 2021 F3 Limited hopefully next week."

And...I get the following response via email this afternoon.

"Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP. In response to your request, we suggest you contact your local BRP dealership."

No much help...ugh.

It's almost scary funny how I find out things about items I bought later...such as...when removing the top case, you no longer have an antenna for radio signals unless you relocate it or do something else...I never imagined I would have to figure that out prior.
    keep us posted about the cover for after taking top case off,, as i want to do this.. part number and any clips or mounting hardware,, thankyou

as far as the antenna goes, i get many stations on all my radios where i live. i get one on the spyder, dealer said to stop over when im in the area and they will look at it, but from what ive found, its a problem on alot of spyders.. ive recorded a couple MP3 files that are 8 hrs. long from iheart radio, and i will play those via bluetooth thru my phone.. or MP3 player
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

Hey all...I have not forgotten...life has thrown some curve balls, so I have not been able to find more info on the rear fender / fairing. I will update this as soon as possible.

Spyder Garage

got an email to a local dealer about this, will see what they have to say about it,
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

I have a 2018 F3L and found that this part, #53, will fit on my bike. And it comes in straight black, so will match. Best I could come up with.

https://www.canampartsking.com/oempa...-special-japan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by acdcking12 View Post
    I have a 2018 F3L and found that this part, #53, will fit on my bike. And it comes in straight black, so will match. Best I could come up with.

https://www.canampartsking.com/oempa...-special-japan
    have you put it on your bike, if so, what else is needed ? clips or fasteners ? thanks
    grip puppies
    Bajaron sway bar
    lamonster belt dampener
    battery tender
    Quadtrac 165/60's

Spyder Garage

A bit off topic but maybe not too far.....I tried removing my top box (2020 F3L, LinQ) and the directions say: 1. Release the catch (what catch? I already released the inside lock) 2. Reach under the box and disconnect the cable (can't reach under, will only lift about 1/2"). It seems it should slide back after undoing the lock inside the trunk but I can't get anything other than the 1/2" lift and then it stops. I want it off to work on the antenna, not to leave it off.

Sorry about the post, I should have done a search!
    Last edited by McRuss; 05-31-2021 at 08:01 AM. Reason: goof
    2020 F3L; gone but not forgotten are all the good miles!

Spyder Garage

@McRuss, I am going to try and remove my top case this week.

As far as the rear fender / fairing goes, it is still trapped on the Canadian border per my dealership. I will post that information about it when I get it...dealership will mail it to me instead of me having to go way back down there to get it.

And, I just got my bike back...love and hate it. Dealer cannot get the vibrations out of the front end. I know it's not the belt. I had PPA's put on the bike when they were building it. The tires been aligned 3 times with 2 different sets of new tires. I was told they laser aligned it as well.

I am so disappointed for a high dollar bike that vibrates beginning at 50mph and gets worse the faster it goes. My former 2014 ST-S I traded in rode smoother...and one of their stock F3 Limited's rode smoother...yet, the ones who rode mine at the dealership said the bike rode as expected...whatever.

So, I'm looking for a Road Force balancer I've been reading about...about 10 or so in my town...BUT, none have the parts to work with these 15" spyder wheels.

I'm down for any suggestions anyone has...desperate actually.

Spyder Garage

@McRuss, I am going to try and remove my top case this week.

As far as the rear fender / fairing goes, it is still trapped on the Canadian border per my dealership. I will post that information about it when I get it...dealership will mail it to me instead of me having to go way back down there to get it.

And, I just got my bike back...love and hate it. Dealer cannot get the vibrations out of the front end. I know it's not the belt. I had PPA's put on the bike when they were building it. The tires been aligned 3 times with 2 different sets of new tires. I was told they laser aligned it as well.

I am so disappointed for a high dollar bike that vibrates beginning at 50mph and gets worse the faster it goes. My former 2014 ST-S I traded in rode smoother...and one of their stock F3 Limited's rode smoother...yet, the ones who rode mine at the dealership said the bike rode as expected...whatever.

So, I'm looking for a Road Force balancer I've been reading about...about 10 or so in my town...BUT, none have the parts to work with these 15" spyder wheels.

I'm down for any suggestions anyone has...desperate actually.
    I know you may not like my suggestion but I would try putting car tires on the front and see if that cures your vibration. As most on here know that the Kendra's are crap tire.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Take it to pit bull or Lamonsters garage. They can confirm the alignment, or fix it. Lots of people like centramatic balancers. Lamont sells those. It should ride as smooth or smoother than your old one. Pit bull is a dealer, and can do it under warranty.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Put balance beads in the tires.
    Longlegs rides again.

Spyder Garage

So...I bought this bike from Pitbull. They balanced the wheels 3 times and could not get the front end to not shake. Head Motors balanced them stating 3.5 total ounces were off both wheels combined. Even after they balanced them, the shake is still there. I will not use aftermarket parts or inner tire methods to fix this brand new custom bike. This should not be happening. I'll share later what fixes this mess. I am currently trying to find anyone in Missouri (or further) who has a Road Force wheel balancing machine who ALSO has the parts to fit this wheel in the machine. So far, no tire place or car dealership has those parts for this size wheel, even though they have the machine. Before I knew the vibrations / shaking of the front end even existed, I added to my bike order a belt tensioner, sway bar, links, King Shocks and of course new tires all to ensure the smoothest possible ryde.

Anyway, to the credit of the OP and my apologies for high-jacking...I made a video to share with anyone intersted on how to raise the top case on a 2021 F3 Ltd. So far, it's been a PITA to figure out how to remove the top case. I have only gotten as far as raising it...removing requires a few other items.

How to raise the top case on a 2021 F3 Limited
    Last edited by bayoumanPIBE; 07-25-2021 at 06:37 PM. Reason: added what i have put on the bike before i even knew about the vibrations

Spyder Garage

So...I bought this bike from Pitbull. They balanced the wheels 3 times and could not get the front end to not shake. Head Motors balanced them stating 3.5 total ounces were off both wheels combined. Even after they balanced them, the shake is still there. I will not use aftermarket parts or inner tire methods to fix this brand new custom bike. This should not be happening. I'll share later what fixes this mess. I am currently trying to find anyone in Missouri (or further) who has a Road Force wheel balancing machine who ALSO has the parts to fit this wheel in the machine. So far, no tire place or car dealership has those parts for this size wheel, even though they have the machine. .....
    If your dealer is still being pro-active with regard to getting this vibration issue sorted, just ask if they have another Spyder that DOESN'T have the same vibration that you/they could temporarily swap both wheels with in order to see if the vibration follows the wheels that're currently on your Spyder?!?

If you exchange a set of front wheels with a Spyder that doesn't have that vibration & test ride the exchanged wheels on both machines to find out if the vibration follow the wheels or stays with your Spyder, it could really narrow down where to look for the particular vibration causing issue! Amongst other things, there's been more than one Spyder that left the factory with 'out of round' front RIMS; probably more that which've developed that problem after bouncing off a kerb or hitting a big pothole on the road; some that've had hub alignment issues &/or spindles that weren't 'straight' (either from the factory &/or as a result of road damage) so the wheel could never track truely; early failures in ball joints &/or other suspension components; issues with the DPS; & instances where BUDS was needed to re-set 'straight ahead' in order to stop the DPS from fighting with the rider to keep the machine heading straight down the road; and more, even without even going into the potential for rear wheel balance & alignment issues; or belt vibrations etc being the cause of your vibrations....

So there's a heap of things that MIGHT be causing this vibration you're getting that aren't necessarily related directly to the front wheel balance, especially since you tell us they've tried 2 different sets of new tires already.... Altho if both sets were OE spec Kendas, then that doesn't necessarily exclude them from being the cause, as it certainly wouldn't be the first time that someone lucked out & got more than one set of dodgy Kenda tires!

Anyhow, swapping the rim/tire assemblies with another machine that DOESN'T have the same vibration might just help you/the dealer narrow down where to keep looking for a cause. If you can swing it, then it's worth a shot, surely?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Hey Peter...I will talk to the service manager at Head and see if they will swap wheels as you mentioned...good idea btw. In the meantime, a local fellow Spyder ryder / friend said he'd be willing to swap wheels to checkif Head cannot. I have read as well where someone had gone through 3 sets of tires before the last set worked. And, I agree...it is possible the issue is not the wheel balance...already spent a small fortune, might as well keep going until I run out of options. As of now, I have parked it...might ride local, but over 55mph it's no longer enjoyable.