Spyder Garage

Question 2020 RTL CRUISE CONTROL ICON LOCATION ON DASH DISPLAY? Mine not showing up

Merry Xmas,
    So went out for a ride today and had the cruise control on and did not see any type of a icon on the display. So when I got home I looked at the manual and it does say that there is a Icon for that on the dash/display but does not say its location.

I started the bike and turned the cruise on and off and saw nothing, next I tried toggling through the various settings while switching it on and off and still no Icon?

The cruise control does work as it should but at a loss where the Icon should be located on the display and if I should have it set to a certain position?

Any ideas?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 12-25-2021 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Removed Prefix - not engine/size related! :-/

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Escorial View Post
    Merry Xmas,
    So went out for a ride today and had the cruise control on and did not see any type of a icon on the display. So when I got home I looked at the manual and it does say that there is a Icon for that on the dash/display but does not say its location.

I started the bike and turned the cruise on and off and saw nothing, next I tried toggling through the various settings while switching it on and off and still no Icon?

The cruise control does work as it should but at a loss where the Icon should be located on the display and if I should have it set to a certain position?

Any ideas?
    When you were “checking” at home, were you simply trying everything while sitting in your garage, Escorial? Because it won’t show until you are moving above 25mph. Page 32 of your Operators Guide will show you what the symbol looks like, and it is only displayed in grey, so it’s a bit hard to see. I believe it appears in the bottom left of the left lateral display. I never look at that. If I have turned cc on by sliding the button to the right, it exposes “on” lettering on the switch. That’s the quickest and easiest way to see if cc is actually “on”

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

When I was out of was sunny and I had sun glasses on so I bet that was the issue.

I was parked in the garage when I tried it out.

Cheers

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Escorial View Post
    When I was out of was sunny and I had sun glasses on so I bet that was the issue.
    I was parked in the garage when I tried it out.
    Cheers
    Yep, highly likely your sunglasses would have made it hard to see……just use your switch to check status.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I don't think the cruise control icon lights up until you actually engage the cruise control (set a speed). Try that.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    I don't think the cruise control icon lights up until you actually engage the cruise control (set a speed). Try that.
    Yeah, I think that is how it works too, Monk. The symbol is pretty faint though, so it would be easy to overlook if wearing sunglasses, even if it is on.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited

HeliBars Handlebars
    Kenda Kanine rear.