Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs for the new RT?

My 5’2” wife rides an F3 with the short reach bars and the UFit in the #2 position. I currently have a Harley TriGlide that is set up perfectly for my 6’2” frame. With a kid in college we’ve decided to consolidate to a single bike payment each month. The RT seems like it might be the best compromise bike that we can both drive somewhat comfortable. I wouldn’t mind a little more legroom though. I’ve seen high pegs that attach to the F3 floorboards. Anything out there like that for the 2020+ RTs?
    2011 RTS-SE5

Spyder Garage

Don't all the 2020+ RT's come with the snazzy extended floor-boards for the Ryder, or are there still pegs on the base model??
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

They have huge floorboards. Looking for a little extra leg stretching room.
    2011 RTS-SE5

Spyder Garage

Guessing by the lack of response that the options for 2020 RT highway pegs are non-existent.
    2011 RTS-SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I check the Spyder sites and I haven't seen any for the 2020 RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
    Guessing by the lack of response that the options for 2020 RT highway pegs are non-existent.
    They may still be on the drawing boards, Mattman....... not enough demand yet as it is a new model. I’m hoping someone will bring some out soon, too.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been searching for myself and haven't found any
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage

I installed Hwy pegs on my 2020RTL which I brought from Lamont and mounted them from the bottom side of the floor board and put the spyder foot pads on them. I can rest my foot on them and kick off my cruise control with my heel but I also installed Lamont brake raiser.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redlightron View Post
    I installed Hwy pegs on my 2020RTL which I brought from Lamont and mounted them from the bottom side of the floor board and put the spyder foot pads on them. I can rest my foot on them and kick off my cruise control with my heel but I also installed Lamont brake raiser.
    Please share which highway pegs u purchased and a picture of installed pegs
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

I used Lamonster LG-1010 FBB and Kuryakyn widow Pegs KYN 4492
    Attached Images Attached Images

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redlightron View Post
    I used Lamonster LG-1010 FBB and Kuryakyn widow Pegs KYN 4492
    Thank u for sharing - nice looking pegs

Did u drill a hole in floorboard??
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

See the link below for the foot rests I made for a few bucks. If you know someone who can work steel-----------

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...28#post1538028
    Kaos----- Gone but not forgotten.

2014 RTS in Circuit Yellow, farkle-ing addiction down to once every few months. ECU FLASH IS GREAT.
    2014 RTS , Circuit Yellow

Spyder Garage

yes I did

Spyder Garage

I don't know if they would fit but if you watch the video it looks like it would fit just fine.
    https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...tras?vehicle=1

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Doc McCoy View Post
    I don't know if they would fit but if you watch the video it looks like it would fit just fine.
    https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...tras?vehicle=1
    WOW thank u - that does look like a winner - worth a try - strange its not recommended for 2020 - might be how bottom holes line up to floorboard plate - floorboard plate might not have big enough flat spot.

I'll contact them and see if they will reply
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

Just my two cents but highway pegs on a stock Spyder RT is scary! I installed some on my '14 and the first time I had to brake suddenly (think someone pulled out in front of me if I remember), getting my foot off that peg and back down to the floorboard and then trying to find the brake took extra seconds that I didn't have. I got braked in time but got the heart racing for awhile. So if you install them, figure out an extension for the brake that puts it just off that peg. They are OK for a bike or your Harley Tri, but scary on a bike that has no handbrake! As I said, just my two cents.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Just my two cents but highway pegs on a stock Spyder RT is scary! I installed some on my '14 and the first time I had to brake suddenly (think someone pulled out in front of me if I remember), getting my foot off that peg and back down to the floorboard and then trying to find the brake took extra seconds that I didn't have. I got braked in time but got the heart racing for awhile. So if you install them, figure out an extension for the brake that puts it just off that peg. They are OK for a bike or your Harley Tri, but scary on a bike that has no handbrake! As I said, just my two cents.
    MY thoughts exactly - I plan to mount mine (once I find some) just to right of brake. My muscle memory is already fast left for brake, since I already sometimes rest my foot just to right of brake pedal.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I sat on a new RT (base) today. Honestly, I'm not sure highway pegs are necessary. I never wanted my feet HIGHER, just farther out in front of me. (Higher changes the hip/back angles which isn't necessarily a good thing.) I can put my heels on the front of the floorboards and stretch out almost all the way and not interfere with the fenders. I think that would be good enough for me, TBH.

Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RTL Pegs

Quote Originally Posted by Mattman View Post
    My 5’2” wife rides an F3 with the short reach bars and the UFit in the #2 position. I currently have a Harley TriGlide that is set up perfectly for my 6’2” frame. With a kid in college we’ve decided to consolidate to a single bike payment each month. The RT seems like it might be the best compromise bike that we can both drive somewhat comfortable. I wouldn’t mind a little more legroom though. I’ve seen high pegs that attach to the F3 floorboards. Anything out there like that for the 2020+ RTs?
    I was able to fit the 2019 pegs to my 202RT but had to modify the drill template to accommodate the 2020 board design and to clear the brake pedal.
    2020 RTL SE6 , RED W/BLACK TRIM AND CHROME ACCENTS

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Slingmods did respond to my query about high pegs - why wouldn't your 2019 pegs work on 2020 model.

Paraphrasing: They know RT body changed in 2020 and have not tried it on a 2020, therefore could not recommend it.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Spyder Garage

Default Highway pegs-Handbrake

You're absolutely right.
    Since the first Can Am Spyder I owned I preached this to the engineers at the factory the four times I've been there.
    They told me I was less than 5% that really wanted this.

It boils down to just one thing Safety-if I have highway pegs on and my feet are sticking up away from the brake pedal
    how much faster with my hand be to the handbrake then my foot to the brake pedal. How many more feet would
    I travel?

So at night when the deer standing on the side of the road suddenly gets into my headlights who's going to be faster?

deer.jpg

This is a old subject and riders from 2 to 3 wheels would understand more than just somebody who just only rode a Spyder.
    Every Spyder I ever owned had a handbrake for this reason alone. Because I like my highway pegs also..

I just wish BRP would offer this as a OEM accessory.

Nexus

Spyder Garage

I have the same dilemma - but, being only 5'2, I will not be able to stretch to the very front of the floorboard to utilize that highway peg position. Can it be mounted further back? I have order the brake pedal riser, as well. Here's hoping for a more F-3 kinda ride...

Spyder Garage

Hey Monk - coming from an F3-S, I am use to guiding the machine with the balls of my feet (utilizing the pegs on the Unit) - having my legs/feet dangling on these boards are a serious adjustment. I am looking for more of the recliner position and less of the riding lawnmower position. I think Can Am is almost there with combing the F3 with the RT for 2020 - we vertically challenged ryders just need help in modifying it to get it just right.

Spyder Garage

Hey Smitt15 - can you please share a pic of the Slingmods pegs modified and installed for your 2020 RT? And maybe include the template? At 5'2", I am desperate to have my dangling legs elevated.

Spyder Garage

Scary, Poli ?? Sorry, I don’t get that, unless you don’t have them, or your foot, in the correct position . I have highway pegs on my F3, and can get the ball of my foot down to the brake just as quickly as lifting my foot off the stock board to get the ball of my foot on the brake. Highway pegs are designed to give your legs a bit of a stretch on a long trip on the highway. I use mine only when there is a long stretch of unbroken freeway in front of me, but realise that even then, a roo or a deer could jump out in front of me, so I am always aware of the need to possibly drop that foot down to the brake.

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red