Spyder Garage

Default Instrument cluster questions? And venting!

I have a 2019 Rally with about 5000 km (3000 mi). I've had 3 Spyders in the past and hugely love this Ryker.

Ok, I have to vent: The Ryker Operator's Manual is written like an illiterate kid wrote it. It's a mess and with very vague info. The photos, as always, are fuzzy and tiny.

Now.....Does anyone know what 'AUTONOMY' on the instrument cluster, means?

Can anyone explain the actual...real difference between Eco On and Eco Off, Sport and Rally modes and how they work? I believe one of the modes turns off the traction control...

Has anyone devised or bought a wrench to make adjustment of the rear shock a bit easier? (The fronts are easily done by hand)
    Last edited by Since08; 09-13-2020 at 08:28 PM. Reason: Wanted to clarify a point.

Spyder Garage

None of the modes turn traction control completely off!

Sport Mode relaxes the rear wheel traction control a little bit, & might relax one or more of the other Nanny functions a little too; Rally Mode relaxes it a little bit more & allows a few more degrees of steering angle before the Nanny steps in, so you can 'drift' it thru the corners a tad more than on any other setting!

And I believe that these relaxations ONLY apply up to a set speed, but I can't remember exactly what speed it actually is, altho I think it's 40mph; nor can I remember if it's 40 mph for ALL of those relaxations or if it varies depending upon whatever.... But I am 100% sure that NOTHING turns traction control (or the Nanny/Stability control/ABS et al) off completely!

Eco On 'de-sensitises' the throttle control a little, and thru the ECU, it also drops the max revs/torque available on a sliding scale - there was a graph shown somewhere here on the Forum at one stage if you want to search, but there's really not much in it - maybe 1 or 2 mpg at the most!

Can't help you with the rest without going looking, but I figured the above would be a good start! Enjoy!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

"Autonomy" is "Distance to Empty"

Spyder Garage

Thank you Peter. Interesting info. Dealer was not particularly expansive on the explanation.
    Have a great summer coming up. (Winter for me....all too soon��)

Spyder Garage

Thanks ixxion. I must have over-looked that definition in the Manual.
    Keep healthy, eh?