Spyder Garage

Question How can I purchase and get Can Am Freedom trailer into Europe?

Hello every 1!
    I'm living in Europe and I want to buy Freedom trailer. My problem is that BRP does not export trailer(s) into Europe. I asked about this issue from local dealer who contacted BRP to get enlightment for this situation. The answer was that BRP won't get CE-certification for trailer so it's not possible to get trailers into Europe.
    I've been looking existing trailers (used or new) in EU but no success.

So I won't give up and ask tips from you, dear ryders.

Is there companies in US or Canada who could deliver trailer overseas (EU) after bying it?
    I have considered option that someone individual would buy the trailer (of course I will send money for buying the trailer) and do shipment into EU (expences paid by me).

Any ideas?
    2016 RT LTD , Pedal Commander Nice glowing red

Spyder Garage

I don't know anything about EU customs regulations, but as far as the way it works in the U.S., if you bought a Freedom trailer or a 622 for that matter and had it shipped to the EU when it arrived at the POE if that trailer did not meet EU specifications, i.e., the CE certification, it would be impounded by EU customs and would not be released until it was modified to meet the CE spec. That might cost you more than the trailer is worth. Whether or not a company would knowingly ship a vehicle item, which the trailer is, that does not meet the CE I do not know but would doubt it because it would make the company complicit in attempting to violate EU regulations.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thanks for answering. So one option is that I visit in canada with my Spyder RT, purchase trailer and go back home with my bike and trailer installed. Long trip but would be amazing experience.

Spyder Garage

That sounds like the option I'd have to do!
    Safe travels

Spyder Garage

I agree it would be an amazing experience and it might be workable but, again using U.S. rules as the basis, years ago, i.e., the 1990s, when returning from Japan from with an automobile purchased in Japan one could not import that vehicle into the U.S. unless it met the U.S. safety and emissions regulations for the particular model year; and converting the vehicle was an expensive proposition that left one with a beer can quality car. Laws may have changed but if they have I'll bet they are more strict rather than less. You would have to have a certificate of origin document for the trailer and unlike your Spyder which was made to EU CE specification the trailer would not have the CE compliance on the COO and you might be stuck being unable import it until it was modified to meet specification.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Maybe this will help, particularly the section near the bottom describing individual vehicle approval.

https://www.vehicle-certification-ag...-for-trailers/

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info guys. It seems that getting a trailer is next to impossible because of EU exhaustive BS legislation. But this is EU and everything is very regulated last 30 years and seems it's not getting better...

Spyder Garage

I don't know about the EU, but there are trailers in Russia. Very few, but even now a few are sold on the sales site. All of them are also brought from the States, they are also not officially sold in the Russian Federation, not because they are not certified, there is no one to buy them. They register with us in the traffic police easily and get numbers. One by the way is sold in St. Petersburg, Helsinki is very close.
    We are Russians, God be with us!