Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT and UClear, any thoughts?

I have a 2015 RTL and considering the 2020/2021 RT Limited in Red. I use a UClear Blue tooth with my hubs who rides a Voyager. Wondering how this will work with the new RT?
    Thanks!!
    2015 Spyder RT Limited, Red Pearl
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Contigo Cup
    Cup Holder
    Cargo Nets
    Additional turn signals mounted behind speaker grill
    12v cable for heated clothing
    Sheepskin seat cover
    Baja Ron Sway bar

Myles of Smyles!!

2011 Spyder RT
    Viper Red

Spyder Garage

I doubt it'll work 'WITH' the new RT very well or much at all; but if my experience is anything to go by, it should work absobloodylutely BRILLIANTLY when fitted to your helmet/s & used while you are ON the new RT!!

The Uclear units are bluetooth intercom & phone connections that don't necessarily have anything at all to do with whatever machine you happen to be riding on or in!! And if I were you, I'd keep it that way!

Why stuff up a perfectly good and useful device by trying to interface it with something that has a problematic interface at best, and a bloody useless interface at worst??! But my Uclear units and the intercom/communications/phone links they enable are nothing short of bleedin' fantastic! Use them just like you do now, and don't even try to interface the Uclear units with the new RT!

2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Well Peter, tell us what really think of the BRP system!! From what most of you guy's are saying they should have hired my grandson to design it, and he's not born yet!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Well Peter, tell us what really think of the BRP system!! From what most of you guy's are saying they should have hired my grandson to design it, and he's not born yet!!!
    Soooo, are you telling me that I should wait for the next year model of RT to pull the trigger on the 2020 RTL from my 2015 RTL?
    2015 Spyder RT Limited, Red Pearl
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Contigo Cup
    Cup Holder
    Cargo Nets
    Additional turn signals mounted behind speaker grill
    12v cable for heated clothing
    Sheepskin seat cover
    Baja Ron Sway bar

Myles of Smyles!!

2011 Spyder RT
    Viper Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte17078 View Post
    Soooo, are you telling me that I should wait for the next year model of RT to pull the trigger on the 2020 RTL from my 2015 RTL?
    I dunno Charlotte, I think we're both sorta suggesting that you might be better off staying with the 2015 RTL that you know & can work with instead of 'upgrading' to something that has a pig of a digital dash user interface....

At least wait until they fix said crappy user interface and make it fully compatible with and just as intuitive & readily usable as most of the other motor industry alternatives AND compatible with most of the commonly used apps that are available right now! That might mean you'll need to wait for next year's model, or if BRP's previous track record at fixing this sort of crappy 'feature'/design decision is anything to go by, it might be a ten year wait..... oh, hang on; they STILL haven't fixed the crappy Kenda Tire thing, and that's what, 12 years & still counting now..... . .

Then again, your Uclear units can still work as an intercomm between helmets & other riders, and they'll still interface with your smartphone; so if you ignore the dog's breakfast that's BRP Connect & simply use the basic 2020/21 RT dash functions, relying on your phone for everything else/anything hi-techery, then you'll almost certainly get more functionality that way than you would thru BRP Connect as it is right now.... and probably more functionality than you'd be able to get from BRP Connect in the short term future too!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-17-2020 at 12:05 AM. Reason: .
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As usual, good comment Peter, BRP is slow in designing a fix, i.e. ZIP ties with 2020 RTs with arm rests. I know, I moan about it, but it still works and not noticeable, so I ride. As for BRP Connect, I just don't use it, but that's just me, not a complaint.