Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Yes, but you are not comparing apple to apple! Look at a F3 Limited Edition and compare it to your new RT Limited! You can't compare a $15,000 F3s to a $29,000 dollar RT Limited! Go ride a F3 Limited with a larger windshield on it and then compare the two! As you ride off with no pain in your hips and legs, you won't never look back! I even got a Doctor to discuss and check my hip out! The floor boards on the RT's are just in the wrong place for people like you and me! Don't make the mistake I made and buy another RT Limited thinking things will get better, they will not! My two senses!

Spyder Garage

What does the F3 Limited lack that the RT has that cannot be reasonably changed and/or added. I have a 2012 RT Limited that is getting a little long in the tooth but it is very comfortable for me. It took a long time and a lot of $$$ to get it there but it it works for now, but I keep drooling over the 3 cylinder 6 speed and the increased range that the new units have over my 998. I have also ridden a F3T and thought it was comfortable.
    2022 Spyder RT Limited , Deep Marsala / Chrome

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by south GA Farm Boy View Post
    Yes, but you are not comparing apple to apple! Look at a F3 Limited Edition and compare it to your new RT Limited! You can't compare a $15,000 F3s to a $29,000 dollar RT Limited! Go ride a F3 Limited with a larger windshield on it and then compare the two! As you ride off with no pain in your hips and legs, you won't never look back! I even got a Doctor to discuss and check my hip out! The floor boards on the RT's are just in the wrong place for people like you and me! Don't make the mistake I made and buy another RT Limited thinking things will get better, they will not! My two senses!
    Hi,

I have a 2020 RT (NOT limited) and if I decide to trade or sell I will probably purchase a 2020 or 2021 F3-T (NOT limited). The price points of these two bikes are very similar.

Unfortunately there are not any dealers within an 1 hour ride (my silly criteria) that permits DEMO rides. I'd prefer not to make two mistakes in a row by "assuming" the 2020/21 F-3Ts riding position is "identical" to my previous 2015 F3-S.

However, I am fairly confident that I can tell comfort just by sitting on an F-3T and whether it feels like I'm back in my saddle again (2015 F3-S) or not.

I am encouraged that from YouTube videos that the 2020/21 F3-T windshield mounting system is a newer and light years better than my 2015 F3-S ( a windshield mounting system that never should have existed IMHO and appears is still on the 2020/21 F3-Ss). I should be able to find an attractive and functional windshield on the first try - lol. From videos the stock windshield it comes with is probably a throw away - as usual.

The reason I prefer my 2020 RT over any other BRP on road vehicles is: 1. Looks 2. smoothness of ride 3. never owned a stock motorcycle than had such fantastic wind buffeting elimination 4. First windshield I loved in a long long time - and adjustable with a touch of a button

5. Filling gas - more like a car. 6. Music and heated grips 7. Price Point $20K ( for me anyway). 8. Higher in the saddle and off the ground for greater visibility for myself and cagers. 9. Did I mention Looks

I not giving up yet - not my style in life nor with this bike. Maybe in two weeks but not now. In two weeks or so I'll be ready for all the justified: "I told you so"

Cheers
    2020 RT Ride Frequent Stay Safe
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

2008 RS from 2008 through 4/2015, 2015 F3-S from 4/2015 through 9/2020

Spyder Garage
    2021 RT LTD Petrol Blue DARK delivered 9/22/20
    New Engine @ 500 miles 4/8/21 - 5/21 due to oil leak in block
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...400-miles-HELP
    2018 RT-L , Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bluewoo View Post
    Thank you for the reference
    Aftermarket Aux Light, GPS mounting/wiring, Lamonster Garage Mirror Lock, Lamonster Garage Belt Tensioner
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Hi

First I want to thank everyone who has participated in this thread and my journey. Very Very appreciated.

A fitting saying to my situation - "You snooze you lose"

I decided to switch to the F3-T and then all 2020's within an unreasonable riding distance sold out - wanted that $2K discount.

I did receive a very good offer IMHO: -$1K MSRP out the door (plus MD many fees) for a 2021 F3-T in wrong color - brown (titanium), and $18K for 2020 RT. Meaning another $3.5K. If it had been Pearl White - maybe

It seems that during this COVID times recreational vehicles sales have boomed - we all need some relief.

So, right or wrong, I've decide to keep RT and reevaluate come spring 2021. I really enjoy riding the RT at 50ish miles at one sitting with little to no pain. I may just trade even up for a later model F3-T. I thinking more F3-T will become available when the novelty wears off.

I plan to evaluate F3 stock handlebar (should arrive today) and 2" riser (need to call on status - they are in stock now but no news on my pre-order). Would prefer to do both at same time but may try combo later.

One more post to this tread should wrap it up - evaluation of bars and riser - for the curious.

Thanks Again
    Ride Frequent and Stay Safe
    Backrest Home Brew Mod

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Last post to wrap it up

Sticking with RT until springtime and will reevaluate then.

Going well with RT, <50 mile before getting off 1st ride is a joy - 100% type of riding until spring.

Put on a stock 2018 F3 Limited handlebar ( thank you Cruzr Joe) - love it - position is so much better - I'm 5' 8" 32" sleeve length, 30" inseam - super super easy switch out.

With the F3 handle bar I don't need a riser - so I will be shipping it back.

My RT does have a little F3 in her now.

Cheers,
    Ride frequent - Stay Safe

Thanks again for everyones's help - I learned allot.
    Backrest Home Brew Mod