Spyder Garage

Default Installed aftermarket exhaust but notice metal pan type vibration noise

Hello Everyone!

Maybe someone here can help me out or may have had similar issue. My Ryker Rally is a 2020. Been running fine and still is. Only thing as of the past 2 weeks i been getting this metal pan type vibration sound at either a standstill or certain stopped rpm. Seems like the engine shield cover is vibration against something or as if the sound is coming from under the seat. I am going to remove the exhaust and see with no exhaust if it still noise is there or less persistent and then reinstall the OEM exhaust if all fails if i cant find anything to tighten or move. I am stuck as its pretty loud and annoying as heck. Any info would be appreciated if you may have had this happen after installing new exhaust...

Spyder Garage

If it started after you installed the aftermarket exhaust, its probably related to the exhaust. Your plan to remove the exhaust to see if the noise goes away is the next logical step, especially if you cant figure out where its coming from when getting up next to it while sitting at idle.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Yes going to actually take it off tonight in my garage and then tomorrow run it with the stock muffler again and see. If that doesn't stop it then i will need to figure out what had got loose or is vibrating. Really sounds like its coming from the silver metal engine guard but so hard to tell.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    If it started after you installed the aftermarket exhaust, its probably related to the exhaust. Your plan to remove the exhaust to see if the noise goes away is the next logical step, especially if you cant figure out where its coming from when getting up next to it while sitting at idle.
    Yup, it was the Exhaust... I have to return for a refund as something either in the inside pipe welds are loose and all the noise is coming from there i found out after tapping on it while it was removed. Unreal!!!

Spyder Garage

Look at the positive side, you found it, and it wasn't anything with your machine. Maybe they'll send you another exhaust with a discount.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerRick View Post
    Look at the positive side, you found it, and it wasn't anything with your machine. Maybe they'll send you another exhaust with a discount.
    If the problem was caused by a faulty weld, I would think they would at least replace the exhaust. You can hardly blame the rider for a weld that breaks inside an exhaust. But today, you never know.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gkamer View Post
    If the problem was caused by a faulty weld, I would think they would at least replace the exhaust. You can hardly blame the rider for a weld that breaks inside an exhaust. But today, you never know.
    Exactly what i think. They returned it with no issue it was off ebay and refund is on way.

As for new Exhaust i went with this one - https://www.silberturbos.com/product...i5jrNdL6Y8L8_g

Its seems built solid, priced right and the dyno they have here has gains. Happy camper now!!! Installed it the other day and been riding excellent and peppier feel. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2fS...l=Silberturbos