Thread: Pedal Commander

Spyder Garage

Default Pedal Commander

I'm new to the forum and I've seen a couple of posts referring to a Pedal Commander. What is it?
    Also what does a sway bar do for the F3?

Spyder Garage

https://www.slingmods.com/canam-spyd...nder?vehicle=1
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nccI-jSYyKo&t=12s
    Sway bar = great handling improvement. Tighter steering. HUGE with better front tires.

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Do you really need one of these on an F3S?
    I can lay rubber in 1st and 2nd when in sport mode (semi-automatic).
    And I can lay rubber in 1st when in Econo mode.

For me, acceleration is very good, and don’t see the need for a Pedal Commander. Having said this, I did install one on my sports car, and it surely did wake it up! What a huge difference it made.

I have never tried an F3 so don’t know how responsive it is. It may be useful on an F3 and other Spyder models which are heavier.....I just don’t know.

Just my observations......

Spyder Garage

I have one on my F3S, along with a custom mapped Power Vision 3 tune. It's a hoot. That said, also can easily turn it off.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Len99 View Post
    Do you really need one of these on an F3S?
    I can lay rubber in 1st and 2nd when in sport mode (semi-automatic).
    And I can lay rubber in 1st when in Econo mode.

For me, acceleration is very good, and don’t see the need for a Pedal Commander. Having said this, I did install one on my sports car, and it surely did wake it up! What a huge difference it made.

I have never tried an F3 so don’t know how responsive it is. It may be useful on an F3 and other Spyder models which are heavier.....I just don’t know.

Just my observations......
    Some people always need more, no matter what it cost them, to the point of riding such a fine line they blow there stuff up!!! Seen it a lot in the snowmobile world!! That being said, I will say that this unit has an appeal to it thou!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I would tell those who are considering an ECU flash or Power Vision tuner to, maybe, try a Pedal Commander first. With the MFR giving Slingmods a 30 day no hassle return policy, their is no reason not to try it. They just might be happy enough with the (much) improved throttle response of the Pedal Commander to not really want the ECU upgrade. Just a thought ...

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I guess my only concerns are that the Pedal Commander is not water proof. I guess you can tuck it under the panels somewhere to help it not to get wet but then you have to remove panels just the switch from one mode to the other. I think I will just keep my F3L the way it is for now.

2017 F3 Limited in Intense Red Pearl

2008 Triumph Rocket (SOLD)

2002 Honda VTX 1800 C ( SOLD)

2014 Triumph Thunderbird Commander

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Rocket View Post
    I guess my only concerns are that the Pedal Commander is not water proof. I guess you can tuck it under the panels somewhere to help it not to get wet but then you have to remove panels just the switch from one mode to the other. I think I will just keep my F3L the way it is for now.
    Their is an app on Iphone/Android phones you can download. You can change/adjust all functions/turn off the device via your phone app. That is how I use mine. Works slick.

2022 RT Sea To Sky

Spyder Garage

I've only ridden my RT a few days, so I'm still feeling the differences between the Spyder and my previous rides. It seems like the throttle has 1/8 of a turn of deadband. I think it's a liability-avoidance throttle response curve. I'm used to a linear response between throttle position and response. This bothers me most when trying to subtly add power when crossing the apex of a turn -- I'm always way late now, so a Pedal Commander may be in my future. My other gripe is on the curve entry. I'm used to trail braking, which is another subtle control, this time of the brakes. Feet are just not as sensitive or controllable as fingers, so a brake lever would improve both smoothness and control. For me the perfect Spyder would have a brake lever, linear throttle response, and a shaft drive. All that being said, I'm really enjoying my new ride, and know I'll adjust.
    2020 RT , Lamonster extender Petrol