Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP dumping Connect???

Just found out that new owners of any of the bikes that use BRP Connect are finding the Sygic Car Navigation is not available in the App Store. They now have Sygic GPS Navigation or Truck Navigation. One owner downloaded the new Sygic and it doesn't work in the dash.

Since FOBO ii has yet to be included, Rever is not working in the dash part but on its own in the phone and Accuweather got lost? or removed? Dash Radio is supposed to be available but isn't. And now Sygic has changed and therefore not listed in BRP C so it doesn't work. It still works for those of us that already have it. New owners won't be able to get it.

Honda Goldwing initially came with Apple Car play and just recently came out with an Android Dash OS version. Maybe BRP is going to switch???

https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-car-...PeInUn8YJ0Tlkg
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Hopefully something gets resolved. Cant say was ever really impressed with all the changes anyway.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

wow, not good. I noticed several of my apps disappeared from BRP Connect (but remain on my phone).I never was a huge fane of Sygic, but nice to have option in case I left my Garmin at home etc. Makes the new Zumo XT even more interesting...... I would love to see them incorporate Android Auto and CarPlay, but the mods to the interface would be pretty substantial. They need to do something, at an RTs (and even F3s) price point it needs an option for GPS
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Just found out that new owners of any of the bikes that use BRP Connect are finding the Sygic Car Navigation is not available in the App Store. They now have Sygic GPS Navigation or Truck Navigation. One owner downloaded the new Sygic and it doesn't work in the dash.

Since FOBO ii has yet to be included, Rever is not working in the dash part but on its own in the phone and Accuweather got lost? or removed? Dash Radio is supposed to be available but isn't. And now Sygic has changed and therefore not listed in BRP C so it doesn't work. It still works for those of us that already have it. New owners won't be able to get it.

Honda Goldwing initially came with Apple Car play and just recently came out with an Android Dash OS version. Maybe BRP is going to switch???

https://help.sygic.com/en/sygic-car-...PeInUn8YJ0Tlkg
    Not entirely true ! I just got a new smart phone (yesterday) to replace my old Galaxy and downloaded Sygic Car Connected Navigation, entered my user ID and Password, then my previous activation code .. . works fine. You are correct in that I didn't find it in the app store either so I just did a Google search for "Sygic Car Connected Navigation" and it came right up - in the Google Play Store no less. It's still out there you just have to find it. It is the "car connected" version that you're looking for. Any yes, once I paired my new phone with BRP Connect, Sygic once again appeared on the dash just like it was supposed to and the nav works fine. Just saying . . . .
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Harley just released an update to put Android Auto on all their touring bikes back to 2018 as well.

BRP needs to get with the program and drop the abomination that BRP disconnect is.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Android Auto/Apple Carplay both need a 7" screen which none of the Spyders have.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MONK View Post
    Android Auto/Apple Carplay both need a 7" screen which none of the Spyders have.
    While true, this can likely be defeated by feeding the video output into a screen driver that understands the smaller screen. Touch-screen control would be harder to bypass....

MWO (Ret'd) SJ Barnes
    ‘20 RTL Stone Grey
    named Britannia in honour of EE Doc Smith’s
    Grey Lensman’s ship.
    Farkles:
    Bestem Carplay
    canamsypderaccessories hitch and wiring harness,
    showchrome trunk rack,
    12v AND dual USB direct to battery in the frunk,
    dual USB switched in the blank console switch spot (parasites the power off the seat heater switch),
    frunk lid organizer,
    trunk organizer,
    showchrome rider backrest,
    ryder and passenger cup holders,
    ram mount for the iPad mini I use for GPS
    quadlock phone mount
    Nautilus horn
    Data blocker on the glove box USB
    Big Bike Parts highway pegs
    Spyderzone dash pouch
    Convex mirrors

‘20 Ryker 900 (my wife’s ryde)
    Farkles
    Slingmods fwd/rev ‘suicide shifter’
    frunk organizer
    dual horn
    Max mount
    Rear seat with tall back rest (not mounted)
    Ryder backrest (not mounted)
    Side bag
    Top bag

top bag makes a good backrest. Will swap on the rear seat if she ever wants to 2up
    2020 RT Limited , Stone Gray

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

When I was shopping for a Spyder a few months ago, I was rather skeptical about all the "connectivity issues". Not having ANYTHING that is BlueTooth, I chose to limit my search to 2014 to 2017 models. So happy that I did. Very happy with our '17 RT-S with J&M CB radio that interfaces with all our other bikes and the others we ride with (Goldwingers), Roady2 XM radio that plays through the J&M, and a stand-alone Garmin Nuvi 1450 GPS that does not even have an audio jack to connect to the helmet. Our phones are miraculously relegated to ... phone calls, which are handled when the bikes are parked.

HER ride:
    2017 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

My rides:
    2000 Honda GL1500SE
    1980 Suzuki GS850G

Spyder Garage

If BRP does decide to kill Connect... they should be on the hook to reimburse for the software we bought to interface with it. Unless it migrates to whatever the replacement would be.

Connect could be a good application, if BRP would address the shortcomings. It shouldn't be that difficult.
    My vice is passion for KISS.
    Oh, and food.

Current ride: 2019 Spyder RT-L in Phoenix Orange.

2019 RT-L , Phoenix Metallic Orange

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I just received this from BRP today RE: connect.

Good day Douglas,
    Thank you for contacting BRP
    In regards to the Accuweather App, we are aware of an update their company pushed through that caused a conflict with the BRP Connect software. This resulted in it not opening, however we are working on releasing a fix in an upcoming software update.
    I don't currently have any information available on if we will be making FOBO 2 available for users, however on every update more and more programs are being made compatible, so I would recommend speaking to your dealership when a new update is released to discuss the change log.

Thank you for contacting BRP
    Bradley Peters
    Customer Service Supervisor
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

I just noticed I have a new navigation app on my BRP Connect. It is Waave Boating, a marine navigation app. I wonder if it replaces Sygic......does anyone know how fast you need to be going on an RT to float enough to use a marine app?
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by McClendons View Post
    I just noticed I have a new navigation app on my BRP Connect. It is Waave Boating, a marine navigation app. I wonder if it replaces Sygic......does anyone know how fast you need to be going on an RT to float enough to use a marine app?
    May BRPConnect is now considered an anchor?
    Oh, and food.

Spyder Garage

Why all the gloom and doom ?
    Rather than dropping BRP Connect, is it possible that they are expanding it ?
    Is BRP Connect available on Ski-Doos for off road navigation ?
    Maybe they are planning on putting it on Sea-Doos ?
    Or they're bringing back the Jet Boat ?

I'm spit-balling here. I have no information, I'm just wildly conjecturing.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Could this mean that an update is available and maybe accuweather will them work?

How do we find out id an update is available for the bike?
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post
    Could this mean that an update is available and maybe accuweather will them work?

Bring up BRP Connect on your phone (iPhone here)
    Click the 'menu' bars in the upper left corner
    Select 'Information'
    Selection 'Version'
    You should see 'Update app list' with a time it was last updated
    If not current, tap it and it should update

That's all you can do.

This will download the current list of authorized apps.
    Oh, and food.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kissfan View Post
    May BRPConnect is now considered an anchor?
    Where's the home run smiley when you need it.

This may be the best description of the BRP Connect interface that I have seen...................Well done!
    2019 RT Limited , Phoenix Orange

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This is on that page.
    We are closely monitoring the developing situation on the market regarding car connectivities and will soon provide more information on our official communication channels once it is available.
    This tells me that the car connectivity world has become such a mishmash jungle that companies are finding it hopeless to find their way out of it.

It could well be a cold day you know where before BRP abandons BRP Connect. It is a variation of mySpin, the Bosch car connectivity software. BRP is married to Bosch when it comes to vehicle software. Bosch is who kept the Spyder dream alive back in the late 1990s, early 2000s when BRP was ready to give up because of vehicle stability issues.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fatcycledaddy View Post

My Accuweather disappeared a few months back from BRP Connect. I noticed yesterday that it is now showing an an available app but have not had a chance to try it on the bike. It would not let me move it to a slot on apps just using phone, so hoping the phone has to be connected to the bike.
    2018 RT , Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

My Accuweather disappeared a few months back from BRP Connect. I noticed yesterday that it is now showing an an available app but have not had a chance to try it on the bike. It would not let me move it to a slot on apps just using phone, so hoping the phone has to be connected to the bike.
    Nope, that won't work.

AccuWeather won't work with BRPC again until BRP updates their application inventory list on the phone.
    Oh, and food.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Went for a short ride and the new Waave app doesn't show up in the dash. Kinda like Accuweather. Really don't know what's going on with the BRP C system. :-(
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flamewinger View Post
    Really don't know what's going on with the BRP C system. :-(
    Neither does BRP. That’s the problem.

MWO (Ret'd) SJ Barnes
    ‘20 RTL Stone Grey
    named Britannia in honour of EE Doc Smith’s
    Grey Lensman’s ship.
    Farkles:
    Bestem Carplay
    canamsypderaccessories hitch and wiring harness,
    showchrome trunk rack,
    12v AND dual USB direct to battery in the frunk,
    dual USB switched in the blank console switch spot (parasites the power off the seat heater switch),
    frunk lid organizer,
    trunk organizer,
    showchrome rider backrest,
    ryder and passenger cup holders,
    ram mount for the iPad mini I use for GPS
    quadlock phone mount
    Nautilus horn
    Data blocker on the glove box USB
    Big Bike Parts highway pegs
    Spyderzone dash pouch
    Convex mirrors

‘20 Ryker 900 (my wife’s ryde)
    Farkles
    Slingmods fwd/rev ‘suicide shifter’
    frunk organizer
    dual horn
    Max mount
    Rear seat with tall back rest (not mounted)
    Ryder backrest (not mounted)
    Side bag
    Top bag

top bag makes a good backrest. Will swap on the rear seat if she ever wants to 2up
    2020 RT Limited , Stone Gray

Spyder Garage

It is annoying to hear of the problems. I subscribed to and downloaded the apps required by Connect and found them to be troublesome to deal with. I like to keep things simple so I just installed a phone holder on the handlebars and use one of the navigation apps on my phone. They are easy to work with and reliable as long as there is an internet connection. Of course since the Connect apps required internet connectivity as well I have lost nothing there.

I could mount a real GPS but between the Nav apps and paper maps I have been able to navigate for the last 50 years with no trouble.

Also, given the poor stereo performance, I stream music via bluetooth to by helmet intercom speakers.

Simple solutions to annoying problems. I just wish BRP would have left this "feature" off of the bike and lowered the price.
    2018 Can Am Spyder F3L, 1995 BMW R1100R, 1988 Suzuki GS250, 2019 Ryker 600 (Wife's)