Spyder Garage

Default put on the new kenda kannie

been up riding in the nc mountains,deals gap and all the others,the rear tire rolls in tight turns,feels like it is low on air but not,will change out when i get home.Negative on the kenda kannies tires

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Good to know
    2019 F3L , Covid Blue

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tires

Quote Originally Posted by 3ntune View Post
    been up riding in the nc mountains,deals gap and all the others,the rear tire rolls in tight turns,feels like it is low on air but not,will change out when i get home.Negative on the kenda kannies tires
    Back when the Kanine's were introduced I was hoping for some improvement. .... un-fortunately after reading the specs for them I wasn't impressed.... Except for the tread pattern , it appears they are using the same or similar construction for the CASING ..... if you are using the recommended PSI's, then increasing them will help some, but the ride quality will suffer and in the RAIN they might get quite " squirrely " ..... after you wear them out I suggest you get any Auto tire that is similar in size ..... right now the Vredestein Quatrac 5 is my favorite choice ...... good luck .... Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know I been happy with mine so far..

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

What pressure?
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

Question

Didn't you just get the M2 shocks that were for sale?! Were u running them? I run a Kuhmo and it bites in the corners where the factory tire rolls. I was hoping the kanime would be more like a car tire.
    Last edited by Bottomline2000; 09-09-2020 at 12:13 AM. Reason: edit

Spyder Garage

have not put the shocks on yet,this rear tire rolls in the turns,will check the pressure again and maybe it just needs air

Spyder Garage

I am running 28psi in rear k20 and 18 in front k20 I have alkes shocks 2.0, in front and back feel great in turns, they stick good for me, will buy again
    richie spyder

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Would there be any comment to run the Kenda above the the recommended pressure of 28 lbs?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Would there be any comment to run the Kenda above the the recommended pressure of 28 lbs?
    No Kanines yet, but the OEM's get run at 26#. Two pounds less than recommended so they do not bulge up in the center creating that bare middle look. It has worked for me in the past. Jury is out about the new flavor.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I was told by the la mont shop to run 28 to 30 in the rear,it has 30 psi in rear and today in the twisties i had chuck and rich watch the rear tire,and both said it rolls a lot,and it feels like it does,to much air at 30psi?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    No Kanines yet, but the OEM's get run at 26#. Two pounds less than recommended so they do not bulge up in the center creating that bare middle look. It has worked for me in the past. Jury is out about the new flavor.
    I wish I had known about this with the OEMs. I bet I could have gotten at least a 1000 to 2000 extra miles if I had kept them at 26 lbs instead of 28-29 lbs.

2017 Spyder RT Limited - Champagne Metallic Chrome
    - Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Next Gen LED Bumpskid, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights
    2021 Spyder RT Limited - Deep Marsala Metallic Dark
    - Replaced 2021 Stock Handlebars with F3 Stock Handlebars, BRP Adjustable Driver Backrest, Wolo Bad Boy Horn, SPYDERPOPS Double Vision Daytime Running Lights, SPYDERPOPS ""BRAKER BARS" Brake/Run Lights

Spyder Garage

have not put the shocks on yet,this rear tire rolls in the turns,will check the pressure again and maybe it just needs air
    That was a hella score on the shocks in just time saved. Patiently waiting on mine to be built. I run a Kuhmo at 25# and ran my favorite twisty 50mph road and they are a lot better in the corners with no roll feel. I hated how the stock rear moved around and felt inconsistent. Are you running the front Kanine's too?

Spyder Garage

all 3,but going to change them out

Spyder Garage

all 3,but going to change them out
    So it seems car tires may still be the way to go. How do the front feel?

Spyder Garage

seem okay on the front,but every one up here in the mountains are running the Federal Formoza AZ01 on the front

Spyder Garage

seem okay on the front,but every one up here in the mountains are running the Federal Formoza AZ01 on the front
    I just put some Federal 595 Evos on the front..oh man they freed up the front something wonderful. Its a lot more nimble in the corners and just seems to steer better plus its a vrated tire.

Spyder Garage

900 miles of backroads to Vermont and back over weekend on the new Kanine KR20s all around
    No problems with grip at all at extremely spirited speed